Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
    Good glad you are sticking with it. Hopefully you don't have a lot of gas in the tank. Dropping the tank isn't as hard as you think. You'll just get dirty and the walbro pump is an easy install too. Good luck man, ill be keeping my eye on this build
    Ya. The tank has to come all the way down, as I'll put a walbro 255 in it. There's half a tank of gas in it Please keep an eye on this !

Originally posted by tommi View Post
    dont forget to swap out to the 40/40 prop valve.
    Yep, I need to do that and read up on it. Can't remember off the fly what one is needed. If you know please comment.

Originally posted by sideswipe View Post
    Glad to see you're sticking with it! At least you have the other CB to drive while you're working on it...makes it easier.
    Thanks man!

And 1990[H]accordex, your welcome to come help :P

Comment

I have experienced the broken brake line above the gas tank. We just removed the whole line all together capped it off at the prop valve(not my cb but a friends ) glad to see your gonna fix it and keep the car. Alot of good work has went into it.

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
        I have experienced the broken brake line above the gas tank. We just removed the whole line all together capped it off at the prop valve(not my cb but a friends ) glad to see your gonna fix it and keep the car. Alot of good work has went into it.
        Soo you ran the car with 3 brakes?

Comment

The gs or the ls has the 40/40 cut remember. U jus need to look on the valve itself.
          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
            The gs or the ls has the 40/40 cut remember. U jus need to look on the valve itself.
            gs / ls ? Got a part # ?

Comment

knee deep...

Comment

Looking good man. I don't envy replacing those rear brake lines. But I just know it's coming.

Comment

You can do it! I don't envy your rust problems.
                  My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

For those ever going to replace the gas tank or rear brake line be warned, this is a lot of work!

- Emptied and gut the trunk
                    - Drain the fuel tank (i had half a tank. ug)
                    - Disconnect the electrical connection at the top
                    - Disconnect the muffler system
                    - Disconnect the fuel in/return/vent line (<--- all may be rusted and not want to disconnect).
                    - Fight with rusted bolts and connections that do not want to come off.

So far I've spent 8 hours+ on this and the tank is ready to come down! I may do this today. I'm not going to upload any photos of the whole process, maybe I'll start a thread somewhere.

Comment

You do need gloves for this job! (and safety glasses, and many other things!)

Comment

Comment

I'm kind of glad I tackled this project. Can't wait to eliminate all this rust, paint it, undercoat it, and put all new stuff in here. Then it will be perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                            I'm kind of glad I tackled this project. Can't wait to eliminate all this rust, paint it, undercoat it, and put all new stuff in here. Then it will be perfect!

Clean that bitch up yo, hate to think what mine looks like under especially be a DD!

Comment

Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
                              Clean that bitch up yo, hate to think what mine looks like under especially be a DD!
                              You know me. I'll sand that whole area, prime it, then paint it. Then undercoat it! And also undercoat any part that is going under there!

Comment

ughhh, rust is a bitch. You have my respect for goin under there and grabbing it by the balls! It looks like the CB will be cancer free once again >

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Working...
                                X