Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
    ughhh, rust is a bitch. You have my respect for goin under there and grabbing it by the balls! It looks like the CB will be cancer free once again >
    Its my goal to eliminate all rust on this car! I've gotten rid of it everywhere else, so may as well finish it off.

NOW! If I could just find parts to buy local. God dam! I can order a gas tank but I cannot find any of the parts that go in it or on it (hoses, clamps, gromets, fuel in, vent hose, return hose) locally. RockAuto.com doesn't even have these parts. HondaAutomotiveparts.com has them but they do not deliver to Canada.

Comment

-------------NEED YA HELP...........

I need a way to hold up the back of the car but without using the rear jack points or rear trailing arms??

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        -------------NEED YA HELP...........

I need a way to hold up the back of the car but without using the rear jack points or rear trailing arms??

Anyone?
        Bolts through your rear strut holes and back towards your rear bumper mounts to not hit your trunk and chain it up with an engine hoist...
        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
          Bolts through your rear strut holes and back towards your rear bumper mounts to not hit your trunk and chain it up with an engine hoist...
          haha, that's a crazy idea. I was thinking a long piece of metal under the whole rear. In the location of the rear jack points but from one side to the other.

--| |--

^^ yes, that's a picture of a car.
          Last edited by Raf99; 06-25-2013, 07:12 PM.

Comment

crazy or not it is the strongest set of points on the rear of the car, they hold the car up from the bottom, some bolts run through those two holes on each side would not flex or damage anything.

A side thought, with all this rust up where the gas tank meets the body of the car, perhaps you might consider a fuel tank in the trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
              crazy or not it is the strongest set of points on the rear of the car, they hold the car up from the bottom, some bolts run through those two holes on each side would not flex or damage anything.

A side thought, with all this rust up where the gas tank meets the body of the car, perhaps you might consider a fuel tank in the trunk.
              Scratches chin....... Hmmmm...

But with the strut hole mount thing. Can you explain your thoughts here?
              Are you talking about the upper strut mount , inside the trunk?

Comment

OMG, why are garages so useless? I'm trying to order a tank and hardware and this is the results:

Called........

CarQuest:
                1. Yep, can get a tank, no problem - $167 , comes with nothing.

SpeedyAuto:
                1. Called and talked to a guy who was very busy but prior claimed he had better quality and better prices than CarQuest. Called him and he said his tank was $267 but came with seals and fittings, he said he would call me back. He never did.
                2. The next day I went into see him. "sorry i was busy" was the excuse. We talked and I told him to order the tank. The next day I called to confirm the order and the answer was "sorry he's gone on vacation, it was never ordered"
                3. The new guy had to look throught their suppliers again and said he would call me back with a price, etc. Waiting 2 days, no call

Civic Pride:
                1. Called to see if they had a tank. They do, imported from Texas. Rust free, $100. They were not sure what came with the tank so I asked them to confirm and I'll be by tomorrow morning to look at it. They said "no problem!"
                2. Went the next morning, guy at the counter said he had no idea what I was talking about. Tank was not taken out of storage. Soo I started over and showed him pics and told him what I needed. He wrote it all down for the parts guy, and said i would get a call later today.
                3. Since the day is almost ending, and I have not received a call, I called them. Parts guy says " no idea what your talking about". He didn't get the message, tank is still in storage. He is not sure what comes with the tank, he tells me to come in and have a look at it.

OMFG! I swear if i went back to any of these places they STILL would not have a clue.

I have $, I want to buy a parts!! If I could find a honest caring parts store life would be great!

I swear people don't want to make money......

/rant

Comment

I gotta say dude...I'm glad I'm not the 1 dealing with all of this nonsense like you are! I don't have any patience for ignorance and I'm very impatient as it is. Lol... Hope you get it all worked out soon, need to get that CB back on the road ASAP!
                  Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

Originally posted by sideswipe View Post
                    I gotta say dude...I'm glad I'm not the 1 dealing with all of this nonsense like you are! I don't have any patience for ignorance and I'm very impatient as it is. Lol... Hope you get it all worked out soon, need to get that CB back on the road ASAP!
                    I hear ya. I was so frustrated I ended up leaving work early, driving to Civic Pride and asking to speak to the parts manager. He came out and we had a "discussion". The rest of the staff stood behind him looking at me like I had horns.

But...... he said to email him a picture of of the tank I showed him (seen in this thread) and he will get what he can. If he replies I'll be happy. I hope they give me some sort of a deal! After this I'll be ordering the parts I need from http://torontohondaparts.com.

I'll be tackling the car again this weekend. I hope to have all the rust eliminated under there and a good coat of primer. I'm not sure if I should do primer, paint, then undercoating, or will just undercoating do on bare metal?

Comment

I hear ya. I was so frustrated I ended up leaving work early, driving to Civic Pride and asking to speak to the parts manager. He came out and we had a "discussion". The rest of the staff stood behind him looking at me like I had horns.

But...... he said to email him a picture of of the tank I showed him (seen in this thread) and he will get what he can. If he replies I'll be happy. I hope they give me some sort of a deal! After this I'll be ordering the parts I need from http://torontohondaparts.com.

I'll be tackling the car again this weekend. I hope to have all the rust eliminated under there and a good coat of primer. I'm not sure if I should do primer, paint, then undercoating, or will just undercoating do on bare metal?
                      I would suggest primer, paint and undercoat, just using undercoat on bare metal is a great way to cause it to rust again, just using undercoat on bare metal can cause moisture to get under the undercoat and start the whole process again, but with primer and paint you give the metal protection against moisture.

Comment

Wow!

I wonder... was the Speedy you dealt with the same one that I had all the fun with on the exhaust for my Audi?
                        Tuesday: "Oh, it'll be done by Friday" - Drop in Thursday: "The part should be in today and it'll be done today" - Friday "The part never came in today".

You were looking good on the highway yesterday!!

Comment

I think you'll be good with just the primer & undercoating dude...that's all I would do. Paint is a little overkill in my opinion.
                          Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

Originally posted by sideswipe View Post
                            I think you'll be good with just the primer & undercoating dude...that's all I would do. Paint is a little overkill in my opinion.
                            Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBucket View Post
                              Wow!

I wonder... was the Speedy you dealt with the same one that I had all the fun with on the exhaust for my Audi?
                              Tuesday: "Oh, it'll be done by Friday" - Drop in Thursday: "The part should be in today and it'll be done today" - Friday "The part never came in today".

You were looking good on the highway yesterday!!
                              Yep, that's them. They did my front brakes and rotors but they wouldn't do it if i supplied the parts.

Comment

Heh... parts stores for not so common items.. I still say fuel cell. Run the lines inside the trunk and be done with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X