Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
    What? Rhino lining? I haven't tried it myself but I hear it comes in a spray can. A lot of truck guys use this on their bumpers and stuff.
    Hmm... I'll look into it.

Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
    Look good keep at the work john
    Thanks. funny when you have the time you don't have the money and when you have the money you don't have the time.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post

The drivers side one went well until the OEM line

... and this led me to some problems.

1. I went to crappy tire and bought some pre-flared lines, bent it to match the old one but I couldn't get the ends to thread in. They would not thread in. I had some end pieces (gold) and those I could thread in by hand. The only difference was the pre-flared had extra material at the tip without threads.

2. I'll just flare my own, I bought a flare kit! NOT! The flare kit I bought sucks shit. It couldn't flare butter if you tried. (link to tool)

So I just need to figure out if there are different tips and buy a good flare tool as I'll need to flare the lines in the rear of the car.
        I did brake lines on a civic and autozone gave me the lines with those fittings. They dont and wont fit for anything. I dont know if you have advance auto parts near you but ask the guy for brake lines with our exact fittings. They have them premade already with the gold fittings

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
          I did brake lines on a civic and autozone gave me the lines with those fittings. They dont and wont fit for anything. I dont know if you have advance auto parts near you but ask the guy for brake lines with our exact fittings. They have them premade already with the gold fittings
          Ya, i'm not sure what is up with those bras fittings, they do not work. The gold fittings worked no problem! But I'll check for NAPA for these lines.

Also too I'm returning the Crappy Tire flare kit and I'm picking up this one tomorrow.

Comment

Picked up that part today, it looks sweeet. I guess its what the NAPA mechanics use in their shops.

And I really wish I knew more about turbos. So many questions
            What size fitting will be used for the oil return, compared to the 1/2" fitting going on the oil pan? turbo compressor side rotation? coolant lines and oil sandwich debates? 2.5" or 2.75" piping and boost controllable ECU?

sometimes i feel like such a newb...

Comment

i dont know if you'll have the same problem i had with my walbro 255 and install kit but if you make any kind of hard turn at 1/4 tank or less it might run dry. i dont know if they fixed this with newer kits but i thought id just give you a heads up to look out for it. you do it too many time the engine might not be forgiving but so many times. this issue has been plaguing me for 4-5yrs now. cars looking good by the way. i know what you mean about getting your girl to pitch in. mine helped me put a motor in mine twice and the second time she was pregnant with my son, lol

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                i dont know if you'll have the same problem i had with my walbro 255 and install kit but if you make any kind of hard turn at 1/4 tank or less it might run dry. i dont know if they fixed this with newer kits but i thought id just give you a heads up to look out for it. you do it too many time the engine might not be forgiving but so many times. this issue has been plaguing me for 4-5yrs now. cars looking good by the way. i know what you mean about getting your girl to pitch in. mine helped me put a motor in mine twice and the second time she was pregnant with my son, lol
                interesting. I can see such a thing happening if your filter isn't at the bottom of the tank. But I'll keep it in mind when I do the install this weekend.

Thanks

Comment

i installed all the extensions and the sock just like the instructions said and id like to think im not retarded, lol. just measure into the tank and the length of the sending unit from top to bottom where the sock is. let me know what measurements you come up with if you can.

Comment

i installed all the extensions and the sock just like the instructions said and id like to think im not retarded, lol. just measure into the tank and the length of the sending unit from top to bottom where the sock is. let me know what measurements you come up with if you can.
                    I will. I know in the instructions it says to make sure the pump is at the proper spot on the "arm" which is lowered down into the tank. But obviously it sits on the bottom of the tank. I wonder if it has to do more with it sucking so much fuel that any lapse causes this problem.

Also did you put your sock in the "tray" in the tank?

Comment

Yeah I did. I'm planning to drop the tank before I put it back on the road to see if I can remedy it now.

Comment

Yeah I did. I'm planning to drop the tank before I put it back on the road to see if I can remedy it now.
                        Apparently its a known issue:
                        http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&t=386905&a=1

Comment

shit, i lost my post i wrote up. try again.......

So after reading a bunch. With a J-body style fuel pump it sits in a canister. The OEM pump has a side inlet which keeps the canister full at all times so there is no fuel starvation. It kind of looks like this:

The canister stays full of fuel which incase of "rocking the boat" there is still fuel going to the pump. What people have been doing with the Walbro pumps is running a T connector off the main output line and then running a line back into the canister to keep it full. It if overflows, no worries it all goes in the tank.

Now i haven't looked into our tank closely yet, but I'm not sure if we have such a canister. I think our is a big square thing.

Comment

I'm also reading that if you don't use the OEM sock you will have this issue......

Comment

I got a extra 4oz can of black gloss too

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                                Ya, i'm not sure what is up with those bras fittings, they do not work. The gold fittings worked no problem! But I'll check for NAPA for these lines.

Also too I'm returning the Crappy Tire flare kit and I'm picking up this one tomorrow.

This thing ^^^ works amazing!

Comment

Working...
                                X