Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
    With rear arms my rear tires basically didnt wear at all. Not just no camber wear, but with the wider 205 or 215 tires on the back, and less weight than the front, they don't wear noticeably at all. Just rotate front to back frequently and you will basically have two new sets of front tires from one set of tires with rear camber arms. They pay for themselves. Zero or near zero camber may not be the best handling for corners, but getting 30k miles out of my hankooks from rotation and no rear tire wear made me really happy. If you swap tires left to right after a rotation to switch inner camber to outer camber wear, you can get even more miles.

Hondata! So I have to wonder... You have more in the works than just rust removal with the guage and ecu...
    Ya, can't switch left to right with directional tires. Front to back I can yes.

Originally posted by 92accord ex View Post
    best thing you can do on your cb i just put mine in and love it
    Better be the best thing, it sure was the most expensive thing

Btw, save a bit more, get the wicked tuning straight arms. Mine never hit or have any clearance issues. They have years, and about 50k miles of the roughest road any drop has ever seen and they are still holding strong. Imo they are actually beefier than the curved arms. Any car I drop in the future that they make arms for I will be using them.
    You mean rear camber wicked tuning straight arms? I'm going to be going 3" lowered, so I got ingals rear angled already. How low are you?

Comment

Lol why not? Are they different inside and outside? Directional just means which way is front vs back facing, you can still switch left to right.
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Lol why not? Are they different inside and outside? Directional just means which way is front vs back facing, you can still switch left to right.
        It would be safer to have the tire re-mounted on the opposing rim. Using a directional tire in rain mounted backwards is dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
          It would be safer to have the tire re-mounted on the opposing rim. Using a directional tire in rain mounted backwards is dangerous.
          What? I never said mount the directional tire backwards lol... You switch left to right, it still faces the proper direction, and you then get your inner camber wear on the outside of the other side of the car.

Comment

What? I never said mount the directional tire backwards lol... You switch left to right, it still faces the proper direction, and you then get your inner camber wear on the outside of the other side of the car.
            Neh. If you take a directional tire from the right side of the car, and put it on the left side of the car its going the wrong way. Unless you take it to a shop and have them take the tire off the rim and switch it around.

Comment

^^^ ya..... what he said

Comment

Not enjoying this DIY....... , not happy with walbro ...
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...13#post3162413

Comment

Items completed this weekend, so far:

- Gas tank assembled properly
                  - Rear brake lines flared and fitted
                  - Undercoated the rear brake line above the gas tank and re-installed

Funny the things you notice that prior mechanics messed up or forgot to do:

Comment

I got the PM just after the post closed. Will have you some shipping info Monday, I promise.

Comment

I got the PM just after the post closed. Will have you some shipping info Monday, I promise.
                      np, thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                        Neh. If you take a directional tire from the right side of the car, and put it on the left side of the car its going the wrong way. Unless you take it to a shop and have them take the tire off the rim and switch it around.
                        That's what I've been saying, I said switch tires not wheels. I thought the shop part would then be understood...

Comment

That's what I've been saying, I said switch tires not wheels. I thought the shop part would then be understood...
                          Gotchya, some people say wheels, some say tires.

Comment

Didn't get a whole lot done this weekend

- Gas tank good to go, just need some 1/2" diameter rubber fuel line (I had 1/4") and some clamps.
                            - All brake lines, good to go.
                            - Rear disc swap, good to go. Need e-brake pin cotter pins

Also need to fix that shock issue. Dam stripped bolt. Hoping WildBill pulls through for me. Once thing I noticed which is weird.
                            Although I used the ebrake cables from the disc swap, the little connectors which hold the line down in several spots on the body are the opposite. The clamps have 1 notch which goes in a hole beside the bolt hole. These are on the wrong side for the new e-brake cables, although the e-brake cables are on the proper side.

Comment

Well it was my bday last week (27th), so special thanks to my girl for getting me the right gifts

And some other items I've always wanted for 5+ years and never thought I'd ever own

Oil pressure gauge doesn't work in the back. I'm going to get one to match the Volt meter anyways. Not sure which is more important, oil pressure or oil temps :S

Comment

U could have always owned fogs. It's jus a factor of u being able to afford them and when they popped up.
                                <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Working...
                                X