No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No goodies look awesome! Did you get the harnesses and etc with the fogs?
    Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

Originally posted by sideswipe View Post
      No goodies look awesome! Did you get the harnesses and etc with the fogs?

Still on the hunt for a harness
      And cornering lights. ..
      And JDM one piecers

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        Items completed this weekend, so far:

- Gas tank assembled properly
        - Rear brake lines flared and fitted
        - Undercoated the rear brake line above the gas tank and re-installed

Funny the things you notice that prior mechanics messed up or forgot to do:
        Weekly update report of course. ^^^^^^^^ This bolt that was missing, i did order. But found out the last mechanic that worked on the car stripped the bolt hole I'm getting pretty sick of finding things that mechanics broke.

Comment

Still making progress...

Still need 1/2" fuel line hoses which i can't seem to find. I'll get them this week.

And with the new chisel set I got I was able to remove most of that stripped bolt that was stuck in the shock. And a bolt will thread into it now, but I'm not sure if its safe. What do you guys think?

I'd say there are half the threads in there. I was thinking of finding a bolt to thread onto the end, but finding a bolt seems impossible too.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            Still making progress...

Still need 1/2" fuel line hoses which i can't seem to find. I'll get them this week.

And with the new chisel set I got I was able to remove most of that stripped bolt that was stuck in the shock. And a bolt will thread into it now, but I'm not sure if its safe. What do you guys think?

I'd say there are half the threads in there. I was thinking of finding a bolt to thread onto the end, but finding a bolt seems impossible too.
            I sorta got same problem when I removed my coilovers from the other car, apparently the last owner of them stripped the stud on one the top hats, and put a nut on of a bigger size 15mm instead of 14mm, hoping I can get them on without issue

Comment

Eliminated all rust and undercoated the passenger side. Painted rear calipers and started re-assemble. Very happy to see it all coming together now.

Comment

Raf99, sorry for the delay. It's on it's way, don't worry about cost of shipping.

Let me know how it works out for you.

If it doesn't show up soon, I can send you the customs number. It doesn't have a tracking number on it.

That nut doesn't look like it has enough thread engagement left to use, I would see how the one I sent you fares personally.
                Last edited by wildBill83; 09-03-2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                  Raf99, sorry for the delay. It's on it's way, don't worry about cost of shipping.

Let me know how it works out for you.

If it doesn't show up soon, I can send you the customs number. It doesn't have a tracking number on it.

That nut doesn't look like it has enough thread engagement left to use, I would see how the one I sent you fares personally.
                  Ok, thanks. The nut left does engage the bolt and i tried pulling it out with vice-grips, but I could never enforce the same amount of force the car would put on this. Better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks agian.

Comment

Raf99, after playing with some spare shock forks I came to the conclusion it would be best to remove the nut from the fork I sent you and weld only it on the other strut.

The problem I ran into was that the thin metal on the strut was easily damaged, ruining the strut and releasing the dampening fluid, when just removing the forks. Then when I welded it to a good strut that was not damaged from the removal it over heated the oil in the strut, ruining the other strut.

I would put the fork in a vice and use a breaker bar to shear off the nut on the one I sent and shear the damaged nut off your good strut and then lightly assemble it in the car with the nut threaded in place on your bolt. Place a tiny tack weld on the nut, then disassemble and full weld the nut on the good fork.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                      Raf99, after playing with some spare shock forks I came to the conclusion it would be best to remove the nut from the fork I sent you and weld only it on the other strut.

The problem I ran into was that the thin metal on the strut was easily damaged, ruining the strut and releasing the dampening fluid, when just removing the forks. Then when I welded it to a good strut that was not damaged from the removal it over heated the oil in the strut, ruining the other strut.

I would put the fork in a vice and use a breaker bar to shear off the nut on the one I sent and shear the damaged nut off your good strut and then lightly assemble it in the car with the nut threaded in place on your bolt. Place a tiny tack weld on the nut, then disassemble and full weld the nut on the good fork.
                      Yep, i'm coming to the realization that its not possible to fix this. N'or will anyone do it. I do agree with what people are saying that you should never cut, torch, weld, suspension; makes sense. I'm thinking I'll have to buy another strut

Comment

Well I was 100% certain I'd finish this weekend! Ahh no sooo close, but just didn't have enough time.

- finished eliminating all rust, undercoated everything.
                        - painted and undercoated the gas tank straps.
                        - hooked up gas tank and all electrical lines.

Still have to undercoat the bottom of the gas tank. I spent a lot of time on the e-brake cables, getting the tank in place, and making sure the rear subframe was undercoated before putting it in.

Only thing left to do is get the rear trailing arms with disc setup, connect brake lines, install master cylinder and bleed the brakes. OH, and put gas in the car, then start it

Comment

thanks h23cb7

Comment

Wow. I admire all your hard work.It looks good amd hopefully everything finishes off smoothly
                            Im in the process of derusting and undercoating my rear end too.

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
                              Wow. I admire all your hard work.It looks good amd hopefully everything finishes off smoothly
                              Im in the process of derusting and undercoating my rear end too.
                              Thanks man. Too bad you won't notice a thing once she's back on all 4 wheels

Comment

Damn this cb is keeping you busy.

I need to do all of this as well. I'll keep watch
                                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Working...
                                X