Comment

Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
        I hate you
        lol, you'd hate me if you seen what these go to

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          lol, you'd hate me if you seen what these go to
          So...new rims? I want to see.
          Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

I had no problems welding just the nut to the shackle, should be fine if you do it as i described earlier.

Comment

Well i was really pissed that I couldn't completely finish the car this weekend. I got everything together but the one shock tower with the stripped nut is FUBAR. The one Wildbill sent me had a way smaller hole than the KYB GR2 shock and no-one would weld it on to the shock. So I'm just going to buy a new shock for it. Just really disappointed that I couldn't get the car fully on the road this weekend

Comment

Yep. Dropped that shock off today at a shop for them to order a new shock and swap the spring and everything over. Grrr @ shock.

Comment

Originally posted by sideswipe View Post
                  So...new rims? I want to see.
                  I... don't know. Kind of too early to reveal the prize A teaser maybe...

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                  I had no problems welding just the nut to the shackle, should be fine if you do it as i described earlier.
                  The nut was smaller than a cb7 shock. Like it was from another make, which i didn't have the bolt for. And then on top of that i couldn't find anyone to weld it. (welding the bolt = heats up bracket = heats up shock = heats oil in shock)

no worries, but thank you for trying. can't thank you enough!

Comment

Always wanted to fit one of these in the trunk key hole Can't wait to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                      The nut was smaller than a cb7 shock. Like it was from another make, which i didn't have the bolt for. And then on top of that i couldn't find anyone to weld it. (welding the bolt = heats up bracket = heats up shock = heats oil in shock)

no worries, but thank you for trying. can't thank you enough!
                      Strange, that came off my OEM strut on my SE. It should have fit. I'm confused now hahaha.

Anyway I'm glad to be of service, sorry it didn't work.

I did successfully weld one on a strut without damaging the strut. I made two initial tack welds, waited for it to cool, then ran a small bead on one side of the nut and waited again then ran another on the other side.

I'll bet a factory bolt for a 93 SE would fit it just fine. I re-used my OEM bolts on my Koni or I would offer to send that your way too.

Comment

I wonder where john could be today?

Comment

Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
                          I wonder where john could be today?
                          haha. hoping to be at the garage by 1pm. Have some things to take care of first...

Comment

I want that catch can, lucky ass, lol. Its good to see more progress.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                              Strange, that came off my OEM strut on my SE. It should have fit. I'm confused now hahaha.

Anyway I'm glad to be of service, sorry it didn't work.

I did successfully weld one on a strut without damaging the strut. I made two initial tack welds, waited for it to cool, then ran a small bead on one side of the nut and waited again then ran another on the other side.

I'll bet a factory bolt for a 93 SE would fit it just fine. I re-used my OEM bolts on my Koni or I would offer to send that your way too.
                              I was wrong. it was the right fit.

Last edited by Raf99; 09-22-2013, 12:20 AM.

Comment

So glad I'm finished this All that is left to do is bleed the master cylinder and put some gas in it ! Things done were:
                                - Remove old gas tank, gas tank pump, gas tank lines, rear brake lines, rear sub-frame, rear trailing arms, rear hubs, emergency brake lines.
                                - Remove back seat, stereo gear, undershields, and connections.
                                - Remove all traces of rust above gas tank, wheel wells, shock tower assemblies
                                - Remove old brake lines that go above the gas tank
                                -
                                - Undercoat new gas tank
                                - Undercoat above gas tank and wheel wells with Por-15
                                - Install new Walbro 255lph pump into gas tank with new filter
                                - Install new brake lines and undercoat them above the gas tank
                                - Install braided steel brake lines on all 4 wheels
                                - Install new trailing arms, knuckle/hub, upper control arms, new bushings
                                - Install new EBC drilled/slotted rotors in the rear
                                - Install new EBC pads
                                - Install new rear calipers and new hardware
                                - Install new assembled gas tank with new straps and hardware
                                - Install new rear sub-frame (and undercoat it)
                                - Install new brake master cylinder

I'm sure i'm forgetting to mention some things.......

Last edited by Raf99; 09-22-2013, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X