No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im super impressed with the underside of your cb.Thats dedication.
    Its so clean and fresh.It wont see rust for another 20 years
    Now are you going to tackle the front the same way?
    Cb should give you no hassle now!

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
      Im super impressed with the underside of your cb.Thats dedication.
      Its so clean and fresh.It wont see rust for another 20 years
      Now are you going to tackle the front the same way?
      Cb should give you no hassle now!
      Thanks man, and thanks for stopping in. The only plan i have for the front would be to redo the engine bay and this involves pulling the motor out. The front wheel wells will be completed when I replace the suspension next summer.

Comment

Well another eventful weekend.

- Brakes lines bled and good to go. (had one small leak with one of my flares being tilted, redid the line and no problems after)
        - All parts installed and finally put back down on wheels after months.

The finish product looks ...... well, you can't notice a thing :S

I think this is what tells you that it is a "project" car...

Next weekend......
        - put gas in it, and turn the key!!

Comment

Wow. You could just about call this a full restoration. Awesome work.

And I thought I was anal about my cars.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
            Wow. You could just about call this a full restoration. Awesome work.

And I thought I was anal about my cars.
            Ya, A perfectionist. I just figure if I'm going to do it I may as well do it right. The downfall of this of course, is that it takes you forever to do tasks.

Thanks for stopping in man

Comment

Let's keep the party going i guess....

Comment

Looking nice there.

After all this what will be nice
                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Meh. If you went to a car show most people would care more about that wheel than all that work you did.

Hats off to finishing some of the most menial tasks that can be done on a car. I like the steering wheel too.
                  My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Clean.
                    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Thanks everyone for stopping in!! appreciated.

So.... this weekend was the day. I put fuel in it, hooked up the battery and turned the key over a few times.........................................and the walbro pump came on. Loud thing too. Then....
                        ...... fuel started spaying everywhere at one connection

Sooo 30min later after fixing that connection, and turned the key a few times again to prime the fuel through the line. No leaks. good.

Turned the key and the battery was low on juice, which blew the inline fuse (prob need a new alternator too). Sooo took a trip to get a fuse and charged the battery.

Tried again, turned the key and ..........!!! It started in under 1 second
                        No leaks, no issues, no problems.

This build engine I have amazes me. Can store the car for a winter or in this case not have it running since March and turn the key and starts in 1 seconds, every time, no problem!

Sooo. I'm happy. took the car for a short drive, forgot how quick the clutch grabs, forgot how loud it is, forgot how powerful it is Probably the effect of having no amp, subs, rear seats.

The good...

- No brake fluid leaks
                        - No fuel leaks
                        - No clunks, major issues, temp issues, etc.
                        - Gas gauge works, all gas tank related items work

Some things that need attention......

- Brakes are a soft. Pedal goes down too far before kicking in. Could use a bleeding again.
                        - Rear passenger side shock squeaks going over bumps. This is a worn out shock rubber that sits under the spring.
                        - Passenger side bearing has some noise. Using the bearings which came with the rear disc swap when I got them, who knows how old they are or what crap is in them.

Future plan for this year was...

I had the plan of body work -> turbo -> done! (since I have all the turbo parts). But now the body guy I knew who was going to do it is saying 3 weeks

So now I'm trying to find another body shop to do what I need done. Then maybe....... MAYBE do the turbo if its not snowing out.

Things that are waiting until next summer:
                        - JDM fog lights (have)
                        - New rims (have)
                        - Backup camera (have)
                        - Turbo (maybe)
                        - New suspension (getting)
                        -
                        Last edited by Raf99; 09-29-2013, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Comment

Ok, so i didn't expect my first gas tank replacement to go perfect the first time around. And it didn't. My tank leaked, and here are the results.

As you can see the fuel pump seal leaked. My bad for not testing it first time around.

So took the tank out, took the pump out and put a new gasket on it. This time i turned the tank over and made sure the fuel tank pump didn't leak, and it did not!

Put the tank back in, hooked up the fuel in/return lines, hooked up the filler tube and air tube, connected the electrical connections, strapped it back in and put some gas in it...... ALL in under 5 hours!

Thought I'd share the start-up video with ya's. Ignore the smoke as the car has only been driven twice this summer.

Comment

Anyone notice something odd with the picture of the leaky tank?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X