No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've also been working away at converting the lower half of my interior to black. The pieces I'm doing are getting the following steps:

- soap and water cleaned
    - alcohol wiped cleaned
    - fully dried
    - 3 coats of clemtrad black plastic bonding spray paint
    - 2 coats of clear
    - heat treated after fully dried

I hope they turn out ok. Not too many left to do.

Comment

Ohhhhh, exciting. I always thought about painting my interior parts black; just never found the time. This is encouraging.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
        Ohhhhh, exciting. I always thought about painting my interior parts black; just never found the time. This is encouraging.
        Thanks, It can be done but it takes a lot of prep. For one of these parts I will sit scrub it really well, usually done 3 times over. Don't touch it with your hands or get anything on it. Hang them for painting and as recommended use 3 coats with 15-20min between coats, etc, etc, etc.

And to take it a bit further, I'm also going to do the rear seats. I bought a tarp and I'm going to spray it if I have to, but I'm trying to find someone to redo the fabric on it to match the front seats. I have a real problem with spraying the fabric with fabric paint because its sooo hard to get it evenly done! But if I do it I'll do it in these steps:
        1. clean and vacuum each part
        2. on a sunny day apply 3 even coats, maybe more
        3. heat with a hair dryer while rubbing in to fabric

I started the sides, one side i ran out of black ....

Photoshop pic of rear seats being black

Comment

Just have to polish the outside lenses and they should be good to go. And for anyone reading this who wants to do this project. It takes A LOT of time! If you are married, just get a divorce, have a g/f... won't have time for her

Comment

2nd light back together. Which means they are done!!!!!!!! Woot!!!
            Only have to polish the outside of them! And I would of liked to have both halos the same size (70mm), but there was no way to do 70mm with the high beam area as it would just be floating in the middle with no way to secure it. So I'm really happy with the end result here.

Ran the wires through the holes in the boots

Can't wait to polish the outside of these tomorrow. I'm going to use Turtle headlight polish kit I have.

Comment

Tight work on those lights real nice man

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
                Tight work on those lights real nice man
                thanks. glad to have them done!

Comment

Are we going to see them in action any time soon?
                  Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                    Are we going to see them in action any time soon?
                    I wish. Car seats are in my hallway, car interior is in my living room, bumpers in the dinning room :P

Comment

So today I started communications with the company that will be doing the turbo work on the car. Kind of excited so thought I'd share. I may start this in a week or two.

But the other items still left on the car are:
                      - Get the car undercoated ($100)
                      - Buy dynomat/B-quiet, etc for sound proofing ($300)
                      - Finish the interior (dye rear seats) (?? DIY)
                      - Finish getting parts for new suspension ($200)
                      - Install front and rear camber kit and suspension
                      - Proper relocate fuse box
                      - Order new rug ($200)

Ya, alot of $$$. Wish I could wait, but who want to rip apart the interior again. So the suspension may wait, we'll see.

And I really don't want to take this car elsewhere to have any work done. I really don't like the idea of some stranger driving the car while I'm not there. Like when you go to get an alignment you stand behind the counter, they take your keys and you sit and wait. Nope, not liking this!

So I need to find a local shop that can help me personally, and can handle a lowered car, with camber, etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                        thanks. glad to have them done!
                        looks fkn awesome! nice work
                        Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                          So today I started communications with the company that will be doing the turbo work on the car. Kind of excited so thought I'd share. I may start this in a week or two.

But the other items still left on the car are:
                          - Get the car undercoated ($100)
                          - Buy dynomat/B-quiet, etc for sound proofing ($300)
                          - Finish the interior (dye rear seats) (?? DIY)
                          - Finish getting parts for new suspension ($200)
                          - Install front and rear camber kit and suspension
                          - Proper relocate fuse box
                          - Order new rug ($200)

Ya, alot of $$$. Wish I could wait, but who want to rip apart the interior again. So the suspension may wait, we'll see.

And I really don't want to take this car elsewhere to have any work done. I really don't like the idea of some stranger driving the car while I'm not there. Like when you go to get an alignment you stand behind the counter, they take your keys and you sit and wait. Nope, not liking this!

So I need to find a local shop that can help me personally, and can handle a lowered car, with camber, etc. etc.
                          Is your carpet ripped? If not just suck it up, take it out and dye it. I got 12 boxes of black RYT dye and it turned out decent, but I also threw in many different things at the same time. I just wish I got more, maybe 16 or 18 boxes would be flat black.

As for your seats, get 5 cans for the rear and 2 per front seat, and get really quality stuff. I tried and failed that so I just got seat covers, one of these days I am going to get grey CL leather seats.
                          Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by aww_shiet View Post
                            looks fkn awesome! nice work
                            Thanks man. I still wish I had a super clean set of JDM lights. The last owner hacked these ones up pretty good.

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                            Is your carpet ripped? If not just suck it up, take it out and dye it. I got 12 boxes of black RYT dye and it turned out decent, but I also threw in many different things at the same time. I just wish I got more, maybe 16 or 18 boxes would be flat black.

As for your seats, get 5 cans for the rear and 2 per front seat, and get really quality stuff. I tried and failed that so I just got seat covers, one of these days I am going to get grey CL leather seats.
                            Hmm.. ok. Where do I get this and how much? I'm guessing I'd need some kiddy pool or something. May be cheaper and look nicer if I get a new pure black carpet.

The cans of spray black for seats I have already. Going to have to spray them and do them right. May wait for a nice summer day to do this.

Comment

For others looking at this MRT, if you want to comment on the headlights, I'd appreciate it. After working on them for so long I can't see them through another person's eyes anymore.

Comment

So if you put the park lights on, you'll get the corner lights and the halos?
                                That's tight

Comment

Working...
                                X