No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think one more coat and it will be done. On the right is the corner pieces I did and on the left is the original color grey it was.

Comment

Trust me when I say don't use those tiens unless you change the springs. Unless you nwant a very very minor drop or don't mind beating you fenders with your wheels.. I just put some upgrade springs on the front and hopefully it will keep from bottoming out. Even with light 15s and two finger gap I still hit fenders sometimes over pretty minor bumpage. Total cringe moments at speed limits or below and after the work you did on your under body.. Damping is great and thou can get 2k higher spring rate pair for the front for 80-120 if you aren't too brand picky.

Nice snail. You will get addicted to that pull when it kicks in..
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
        Trust me when I say don't use those tiens unless you change the springs. Unless you nwant a very very minor drop or don't mind beating you fenders with your wheels.. I just put some upgrade springs on the front and hopefully it will keep from bottoming out. Even with light 15s and two finger gap I still hit fenders sometimes over pretty minor bumpage. Total cringe moments at speed limits or below and after the work you did on your under body.. Damping is great and thou can get 2k higher spring rate pair for the front for 80-120 if you aren't too brand picky.

Nice snail. You will get addicted to that pull when it kicks in..
        ......really, this is the first I've heard of this.

Comment

http://www.tein.com/tech_info/a16-cb7.html

QUOTE=Raf99;3201829]......really, this is the first I've heard of this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wish in kept my tokicos even tho they weren't adjustable. Just look at spring rates. 340 front is enough for maybe 2 inch safe drop. It has perch to drop mover three.. I did it fo r a day and couldnt drive on what looked like level road. A finger above flush was hammering my fenders still and with two I made it over bumps if I went really slow. They ride very smooth otherwise and adjusting the damper is noticeable. They are valved for up to two kg or 100 lbs stiffer springs. I found 2.5 inch inner diameter springs at 8kg instead of stock 6kg, but the car they are on now isn't running yet so I can't give feedback.

The pic in my SIG is the height I raised it to for an acceptable ride with 17s. Looks higher than you are now.
          Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 05-30-2014, 09:16 PM.
          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            thanks man. too bad I have to give them to some guy who has greasy hands 24x7
            Don't feel bad. At least he isn't getting his hands all over your what is supposed to be tan interior! I've soiled mine for sure with how bad my F was after I pulled it out! Just give him some gloves. Because god knows we reuse out gloves at the shop I work at!
            Originally posted by cb9love
            when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
              http://www.tein.com/tech_info/a16-cb7.html

QUOTE=Raf99;3201829]......really, this is the first I've heard of this.
              Yeah I wish in kept my tokicos even tho they weren't adjustable. Just look at spring rates. 340 front is enough for maybe 2 inch safe drop. It has perch to drop mover three.. I did it fo r a day and couldnt drive on what looked like level road. A finger above flush was hammering my fenders still and with two I made it over bumps if I went really slow. They ride very smooth otherwise and adjusting the damper is noticeable. They are valved for up to two kg or 100 lbs stiffer springs. I found 2.5 inch inner diameter springs at 8kg instead of stock 6kg, but the car they are on now isn't running yet so I can't give feedback.

The pic in my SIG is the height I raised it to for an acceptable ride with 17s. Looks higher than you are now.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Well you're right about the 2" max drop and the site lists the spring rates as

Front Spring Rate: 6. = 336 lbs/in
              Rear Spring Rate: 280 lbs/in
              Minimum Ride Height Front: -53mm (-2.1 inches)
              Minimum Ride Height Rear: -41mm (-1.6 inches)

From what I read it was just those who improperly dropped/adjusted them who suffered from UCA pound etc. But this does concern me as the whole point of getting coilovers was go past the 2" drop I have now with eibachs/kyb. So does tein make a 8lbs spring for this application, or what spring are you using?

Originally posted by Andrewasoar View Post
              Don't feel bad. At least he isn't getting his hands all over your what is supposed to be tan interior! I've soiled mine for sure with how bad my F was after I pulled it out! Just give him some gloves. Because god knows we reuse out gloves at the shop I work at!
              Ya, true man. haha. I put a car cover over all my interior when I take it to the shop.
              Last edited by Raf99; 05-31-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Finally got these installed. Will have pics of the drop later, car was on the lift here...

Comment

Looks nice except that bit of rust.
                  Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                    Looks nice except that bit of rust.
                    Ya, only cancer left on the car after a 5 year battle with it. Easy fix there.

Comment

the sad news is that i have to lose the fogs

Comment

well the good news is that losing the extra lighting wont matter at all. with the turbo and all, you wont need to see whats in front of you because with how fast you'll be going you will probably hit whatever is in the road before you see it. j/k

-sean
                        Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                        Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX View Post
                          well the good news is that losing the extra lighting wont matter at all. with the turbo and all, you wont need to see whats in front of you because with how fast you'll be going you will probably hit whatever is in the road before you see it. j/k

-sean
                          Ya, i really wanted those fogs! And down the road if I get a different intercooler I'll be able to run the fogs.

Comment

Cleaned up the engine bay some more today.....

Will also need to lower the car some more. Will wait till after the exhaust goes on. I went with a flowmaster exhaust with no CAT and 3" piping.

Comment

Jesus tap dancing christ! been a minute since i've seen your thread and holy shit..it just got real! Keep this up, i can't wait to see this thing shredding rubber.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                                thanks. glad to have them done!

These look incredible! Did you ever fire them up to see what kind of output you've got?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                                X