No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I REALLY like the wheels. I can see how they can take away form the car a bit. But it's really not bad. It's more of "damn look at those wheels" and then you check out the rest of the car. At least that's my opinion.
    Originally posted by cb9love
    when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

Your new rims

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N
        I like those wheels much much more. The beefier tires fit it much better now too since it's such an animal.
        Thanks man. Maybe I'll get use to them.

Originally posted by Andrewasoar View Post
        I REALLY like the wheels. I can see how they can take away form the car a bit. But it's really not bad. It's more of "damn look at those wheels" and then you check out the rest of the car. At least that's my opinion.
        I'm thinking maybe these rims would look better with 205/40/17 rather than 215/45/17, but they are a 35 offset rim too.

How do you like those Tein coilovers by the way?
        . Well the coilovers are amazing! But all I want is no wheel gap. Yet I have front upper control arm banging away (SPC front camber kit) and the rear is squeaking, banging, rubbing.....(rear ingall camber kit (bent arm kind)............ ug! The front I can live with as its rare. The rear I cannot live with...

Smooth road, no problems. But bumpy road and the rear sounds like something is broke. I know its a combination of spring slap, upper spring mount bushing squeak, and rear upper control arm hitting but it makes the car sound like shit. And now with the 35 offset rims with 215/45/17 tires I think I have rubbing in the rear when I go around turns too sharp. I'm thinking I may have to change to 205/40/17 on these rims...

Sooo. I'm going to buy some spring silencer rubber inserts and try to find a piece of rubber to put over the rear upper control arm.

If anyone can comment on this, please do!!!

Originally posted by Restless View Post
        Your new rims
        Thanks man. I'm hoping they'll grow on me.

Comment

At first I was like nah. Then I looked again, and then a third time. I like the contrast and how the wheels compliment the color of the car.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

OOOOOOOOOOOO Yeah!! Just noticed I have 5 Stars!!!!

I have been waiting for this for years........!

Thanks everyone, I'll be sure to keep the party going in here!!

Comment

Really liking the new wheels and tires, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
                Really liking the new wheels and tires, man.
                Thanks. Even compared to the old ones?

Comment

I'm really into the new wheels too. I'm not an XXR fan but they really compliment the car nicely.

Comment

wow. ok, maybe I need some photos, angles, try to see these rims in another way. I do want to change the center caps though

Comment

Haven't logged in in quite a while...but I have been stopping in once in a while to keep up on the progress with this car. Very nice job dude, makes me miss mine!

All you need to do is close up that wheel gap like you said and this project is golden! I always ran 205/40/17s on mine with maybe a finger's worth of gap and never had any rubbing issues. I actually took it down to a -1 finger gap for a few days 1 time and was still fine...except when I tried going over speed bumps or train tracks...so I put it back where it was.

Anyways, congrats on your accomplishments with this beast!
                      Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                        Thanks. Even compared to the old ones?
                        Yep. Like them more than the old ones.

I'm not sure what your stance on ride height is, but i think the wheels would seem to "fit" better with the overall aesthetic if you lowered it just a bit more to minimize some of that fender gap.

They're very much a track style wheel, so their more aggressive look needs a lower-slung stance compared to the chrome show-style of your old wheels.

...actually, the more i look at the side profile shot, the more i think you could just lower the front a tad and it would help offset the higher profile tire you're now running. The back looks good. And yeah, stick with this sidewall height if you can keep it. If you're rubbing anything, maybe go one size down on width to compensate.

You definitely picked cool wheels in a great color for your car.

*edit_yeah, it's just the front gap that's catching my eye. Looks higher than the front.

Comment

Originally posted by sideswipe View Post
                          Haven't logged in in quite a while...but I have been stopping in once in a while to keep up on the progress with this car. Very nice job dude, makes me miss mine!

All you need to do is close up that wheel gap like you said and this project is golden! I always ran 205/40/17s on mine with maybe a finger's worth of gap and never had any rubbing issues. I actually took it down to a -1 finger gap for a few days 1 time and was still fine...except when I tried going over speed bumps or train tracks...so I put it back where it was.

Anyways, congrats on your accomplishments with this beast!
                          Thanks man! Even i miss your car as it was similar to mine. And thanks for stopping by. I wanted to go with 205/40/17 but I thought the roads were pretty rough down here so I went with the 215/45/17. Now I'm not so sure...

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
                          Yep. Like them more than the old ones.

I'm not sure what your stance on ride height is, but i think the wheels would seem to "fit" better with the overall aesthetic if you lowered it just a bit more to minimize some of that fender gap.

They're very much a track style wheel, so their more aggressive look needs a lower-slung stance compared to the chrome show-style of your old wheels.

...actually, the more i look at the side profile shot, the more i think you could just lower the front a tad and it would help offset the higher profile tire you're now running. The back looks good. And yeah, stick with this sidewall height if you can keep it. If you're rubbing anything, maybe go one size down on width to compensate.

You definitely picked cool wheels in a great color for your car.

*edit_yeah, it's just the front gap that's catching my eye. Looks higher than the front.

Ya............ let me post some photos.

Last edited by Raf99; 05-06-2015, 09:40 PM.

Comment

So say lower and I say not possible. That last picture tells the tale. But...... lesson learned here. If I want to go lower I need 205/45/17 and not 215/45/17.

So don't think I'll ever get 215 again, in fact I'm going to get some 205/45/17 for these rims and sell the 215. If I want to go lower I need to change tires I can't see getting around this tire rub i'm getting....

Comment

Stiffer springs helps you to avoid rubbing when going much lower. I would have to agree that the tire width is what is killing you paired with the offset. These are 35 offset right? Those seem to poke more then my rims do.
                              Last edited by wildBill83; 09-11-2014, 08:01 PM.

Comment

That really sucks they won't work! And what they did isn't very cool either... I might choose those wheels and tires when I start on my current CB. With Koni yellows and Ground controls I don't think I will have that issue being as it will be incredibly stiff.

Also, how would you describe the quality of that Mishimoto intercooler?
                                The Mishimoto intercooler is excellent. Rated up to 600+HP I believe. And black intercoolers cool better.

Comment

Working...
                                X