• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djscoonf22A6 View Post
    i like boost clean setup
    I like boost too

Comment

Nice lights. Have some pics from the front?

I have been looking at another set for the truck we just bought. There was a arguement on FB between DDM and TRS. And what I got from it was they both get their stuff from china. So I went to aliexpres and did some pricing. $90 shipped for the H1 kit. Kind of tempting. I will have to see what I want more.

The HID upgrade is one of my favorite mods. I makes driving at night a lot better. And my light output is better than most Lexus, acura etc that I see.

nice work as always

Oh and the Power folding mirrors are one of the upgrades I want. That and the stainless door things

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
        Nice lights. Have some pics from the front?

I have been looking at another set for the truck we just bought. There was a arguement on FB between DDM and TRS. And what I got from it was they both get their stuff from china. So I went to aliexpres and did some pricing. $90 shipped for the H1 kit. Kind of tempting. I will have to see what I want more.

The HID upgrade is one of my favorite mods. I makes driving at night a lot better. And my light output is better than most Lexus, acura etc that I see.

nice work as always

Oh and the Power folding mirrors are one of the upgrades I want. That and the stainless door things

steve
        Thank man. HID retrofits are the best!

The light retrofit DIY starts on page 39 of my MRT. Or click here.

Last edited by Raf99; 01-30-2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

I found some rims i like but am debating if I should go with a 42 or 45 offset with 205/40/17 tires, lowered 2 1/2" on tein super streets, does anyone have any recommendations?

I know 35 offset does not work and nor does 38. I'm thinking 42 is even pushing it. And I do not want to run camber.

Oh, these are the rims...

Comment

bruh,
            thanks for tellin me to check out your MRT. took me a minute to get through 57 pages but once i got to the videos it was all worth it. it gets me excited for what the next month has in store. i love the lights! i tried the whole yellow out my high beam side with the window glass paint thing but once i started laying it on all the chrome fell off so now there jus ugly.

i have a gauge pod i think you will be interested in seeing. ill post pics on my thread in a few weeks when i get home.

on your valve cover, you should look into a high temp clear http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=997337_0_0_

i had mine jus rough sanded and after about 8 months i looked at it and it was pitting and corroding real bad

awesome stuff man, great lookin car

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              I found some rims i like but am debating if I should go with a 42 or 45 offset with 205/40/17 tires, lowered 2 1/2" on tein super streets, does anyone have any recommendations?

I know 35 offset does not work and nor does 38. I'm thinking 42 is even pushing it. And I do not want to run camber.
              45 should fit, but 205/40's are rubber bands imo. I don't know how good your roads are, but I would do 45, 50. I like meat on my wheel.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by kratemertyl View Post
                bruh,
                thanks for tellin me to check out your MRT. took me a minute to get through 57 pages but once i got to the videos it was all worth it. it gets me excited for what the next month has in store. i love the lights! i tried the whole yellow out my high beam side with the window glass paint thing but once i started laying it on all the chrome fell off so now there jus ugly.

i have a gauge pod i think you will be interested in seeing. ill post pics on my thread in a few weeks when i get home.

on your valve cover, you should look into a high temp clear http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=997337_0_0_

i had mine jus rough sanded and after about 8 months i looked at it and it was pitting and corroding real bad

awesome stuff man, great lookin car
                Thanks man. Glad you stopped by!

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                45 should fit, but 205/40's are rubber bands imo. I don't know how good your roads are, but I would do 45, 50. I like meat on my wheel.

I mean +45 offset. +45 is the OEM rim for the car. I know +35's won't fit and so I'm not sure if I should go with +42 or +45. And I have some 45's now on the tires I have and I hate them. It's just too much sidewall / rubber.

Comment

I run about 1° of camber in the front. I don't notice accelerated wear and rotate my wheels regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                    I run about 1° of camber in the front. I don't notice accelerated wear and rotate my wheels regularly.
                    Ya, i'm not touching this argument with a 10' pole I want 0 camber.

Comment

I'm not trying to argue. Even factory camber is allowed up to 1°. Any more than that and you will see the uneven wear.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                        I'm not trying to argue. Even factory camber is allowed up to 1°. Any more than that and you will see the uneven wear.
                        Yep I agree. Toe is the #1 cause of tire wear followed 2nd by camber. What setup are you running WildBill?

Comment

Yep I agree. Toe is the #1 cause of tire wear followed 2nd by camber. What setup are you running WildBill?
                          Not even a liiiiiiiiiitle camber? A little goes a long way with turn in and stability under load.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
                            Not even a liiiiiiiiiitle camber? A little goes a long way with turn in and stability under load.
                            No race tracks in my areas. No camber needed.

Comment

No race tracks in my areas. No camber needed.
                              Gotcha.

How's it going with the wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
                                Gotcha.

How's it going with the wheels?
                                The new ones, I'm selling them. They simply won't work on my car and I don't like them. So now I have to buy new wheels with a different offset. Newbie mistake when it comes to offset. It sucks but oh well.....

As for the pic of the wheels I want up above, i think they only come in 5 bolt. But i'm looking into it....

As for the car..... well something broke on it.... kind of. I hit boost cutoff one day and after that its been sounding like a subaru. The A/F gauge is all over the place. The tuner and I are thinking its the distributor but we are not sure at the same time.... , going to have to play the guessing game for a bit here which sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X