No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel you on the wheel struggles...I just figured out my wheels won't clear my calipers without a 20mm spacer.

BUT, 17x8.5 et38 will fit nicely in the rear. I'll update my member's ride with pics of the fitment. Tires are 225/45/17. 205 45 would probably be perfect for you judging by your tastes.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      I feel you on the wheel struggles...I just figured out my wheels won't clear my calipers without a 20mm spacer.

BUT, 17x8.5 et38 will fit nicely in the rear. I'll update my member's ride with pics of the fitment. Tires are 225/45/17. 205 45 would probably be perfect for you judging by your tastes.
      ya, +35 offset were fine in the front, but rubbing in the rear. One could make them work if they did fender rolling and didn't lower their ride. Personally i want no wheel gap and no camber.

Comment

Found some OEM tail lights in the junk yard today so i could finish the red/clears with integrated backup camera...

what you need if you buy red/clear tail lights

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          Yep I agree. Toe is the #1 cause of tire wear followed 2nd by camber. What setup are you running WildBill?
          Light cheap 16x8.5 et38 2" drop on koni yellow and h&r race springs 205/55-R16 1° of camber in the front with Ingalls anchor kit and no camber in the rear using body shims and longer bolts.

With suspension fully compressed I can just barely stick a 1/8" dowel between the fender and wheel.
          Last edited by wildBill83; 10-05-2014, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
            Light cheap 16x8.5 et38 2" drop on koni yellow and h&r race springs 205/55-R16 1° of camber in the front with Ingalls anchor kit and no camber in the rear using body shims and longer bolts.

With suspension fully compressed I can just barely stick a 1/8" dowel between the fender and wheel.
            So when you go over bumps do you rub in the rear or you just have stiff suspension?

Comment

I have no rubbing with the suspension compressed to the bump stop. I have nearly 1/8" of clearance. I do have slight rubbing in the front on turns at full cock on the inside edge of the tire but most likely it is due to the camber but hasn't damaged a tire. This only occurs during 3pt turning.
              Last edited by wildBill83; 10-05-2014, 10:59 AM.

Comment

17x7.5 offset of 42 , 205/45/r17. The rears rubbed but I think it's because of the ballon tires, running about 1 degree of camber in the rear and have credit card clearance. No issue in front

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                Wimp go low or go home haha
                Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
                Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

Originally posted by c91bse7 View Post

17x7.5 offset of 42 , 205/45/r17. The rears rubbed but I think it's because of the ballon tires, running about 1 degree of camber in the rear and have credit card clearance. No issue in front
                  Do you think if you had a 7" tire on the same setup there would be no rubbing?
                  and how much are you lowered?

Comment

I meant 16x7.5" not 8.5"... That would definitely rub.

I think a 42 offset is your best bet for no camber with a 205/40 R17.

Comment

Islandhopper has the same wheels I have but there 17x7 not exactly sure his offset but he's running 215/45/r17 kumhos and he clears. So I believe if you get some decent tires like kumho ecsta ast or something similar in probably a 205 on a 17x7 et42 I believe you could clear with little to no camber

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                      Wimp go low or go home haha
                      Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
                      Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

Originally posted by c91bse7 View Post
                        Islandhopper has the same wheels I have but there 17x7 not exactly sure his offset but he's running 215/45/r17 kumhos and he clears. So I believe if you get some decent tires like kumho ecsta ast or something similar in probably a 205 on a 17x7 et42 I believe you could clear with little to no camber
                        Do you think if you were lower you would rub?

Comment

Yup, 17x7 with 215/45R17 Kumho Ecsta AST. Pretty sure the ET is +42...not 100%

As you can see they fit just BARELY and it tucks tires. Credit-Card clearances with NO RUBS. at all. even on turns/bumps/driveways. The only time it rubs is in the front at full lock while going over a bump. Im lowered as far as you can go on MeganRacing EZ-Street coilovers. For real. they're maxxed out in the rear and set just above the rubs in the front.

With the right tires i think you can make those new wheels work. They look better than the old wheel IMHO. But you gotta do what makes you happy.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by islandhopper View Post

Yup, 17x7 with 215/45R17 Kumho Ecsta AST. Pretty sure the ET is +42...not 100%

As you can see they fit just BARELY and it tucks tires. Credit-Card clearances with NO RUBS. at all. even on turns/bumps/driveways. The only time it rubs is in the front at full lock while going over a bump. Im lowered as far as you can go on MeganRacing EZ-Street coilovers. For real. they're maxxed out in the rear and set just above the rubs in the front.

With the right tires i think you can make those new wheels work. They look better than the old wheel IMHO. But you gotta do what makes you happy.
                            Alright, thanks. this is what i needed to see. & convinced me to go with +45 offset. I want to be able to lower and tuck the fender, i want to be able to have people in the back with no issues, I want to be able to do 3 point turns with no issues. And the new rims won't work as they are a +35 which will not work without heavy modifications, camber, and being not so low.

Look at this pic, this is without being as low as I want to be, still ALOT of gap. And its the rim sticking out, not the rubber.

But thanks guys. Realized that with what I want a +42 will work barely (a credit card isn't very thick ) , but a +45 is what is required to tuck the rim.

Comment

In that pic it looks as though you have positive camber...

I think a +42 would fit the bill in your case. I have natural camber front and rear (like less than 2deg) and i like it. I drive it fairly hard when i do drive it so the added camber really does help in the corners. Might want to consider that before you square up your specs at the alignment shop...

+45 would definitely fit so no worries there, but if you wanted to get that flush look a lower offset would help.

Great progress BTW. shit looks insane. You make me want to turbo my CB...like now!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by islandhopper View Post
                                In that pic it looks as though you have positive camber...

I think a +42 would fit the bill in your case. I have natural camber front and rear (like less than 2deg) and i like it. I drive it fairly hard when i do drive it so the added camber really does help in the corners. Might want to consider that before you square up your specs at the alignment shop...

+45 would definitely fit so no worries there, but if you wanted to get that flush look a lower offset would help.

Great progress BTW. shit looks insane. You make me want to turbo my CB...like now!
                                Its funny how you never see your ride in the eyes of another. But thanks for the comments.

There is positive camber in that picture. When I switch between the two sets of rims it does this (0 camber on the current rims). And ya'll may be right about wanting 1 deg. of negative camber, but for now I'm going to stay with proper.

I always wanted a tucked look but this simply may not be possible with running a 3" exhaust under the car. That dam flex pipe area is so low to the ground. I'd have to run 205/45/17 just to fill some of the wheel gap.

Comment

Working...
                                X