X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys will like this. New MSD ignition system and distributor in the car

Comment

NIIIIIICE!

I like that placement for the blaster coil!

Wait, so you have the MSD Ignition Box as well, like Bravo Man?
      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
        NIIIIIICE!

I like that placement for the blaster coil!

Wait, so you have the MSD Ignition Box as well, like Bravo Man?
        Thanks. No control box though.

Comment

Just what you used to paint the parts with...compressor, gun, settings etc.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            Just what you used to paint the parts with...compressor, gun, settings etc.
            ahh. haha, ya. My setup now = spray paint and my hands in my basement.
            I went and looked at guns the other day as I've always wanted one! Was $200 for a good gun setup, i already have a compressor, hoses, etc. But i think knowing about paint guns, filters, paints, and everything involved is an art in itself too. Someday

Comment

Right! My thoughts exactly. It's a great skill to have too. Welding, painting and fiberglassing together is deadly.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                Right! My thoughts exactly. It's a great skill to have too. Welding, painting and fiberglassing together is deadly.
                I've always wanted to know how to do welding and body work (painting). IMO, all seem to be a trade that takes time and patience and experience. None of which I have time for.

But I think if I had a gun I could get painting down to a tee.

Comment

There is no better feeling than de-ricing your car

Comment

Yes, looks so good with red clears! It's a really good match with the front bumper cover indicators.
                    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                      ahh. haha, ya. My setup now = spray paint and my hands in my basement.
                      I went and looked at guns the other day as I've always wanted one! Was $200 for a good gun setup, i already have a compressor, hoses, etc. But i think knowing about paint guns, filters, paints, and everything involved is an art in itself too. Someday
                      I know its no iwata or devil-bliss, but my 20$ harbor freight HVLP gun with an added on gun air regulator lays a very decent finish, along with the plastic filter youre looking at like a 40 dollar investment to at least get the hang of things

That was a bike some guy I knew bought to sell, that was laid down. it was black, i fixed it up and used acrylic lacquer midnight blue and some sparkly clear to finish it up.

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                        Yes, looks so good with red clears! It's a really good match with the front bumper cover indicators.
                        Thanks. that last pic I posted makes me want a spoiler.

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                        I know its no iwata or devil-bliss, but my 20$ harbor freight HVLP gun with an added on gun air regulator lays a very decent finish, along with the plastic filter youre looking at like a 40 dollar investment to at least get the hang of things

That was a bike some guy I knew bought to sell, that was laid down. it was black, i fixed it up and used acrylic lacquer midnight blue and some sparkly clear to finish it up.
                        I seen a gun at Canadian tire for $60. But nooo idea what I'd need with it. A filter, screen? How do I mix the paint to pour in the top thing? How do I clean it out afterwards... sooooo many questions

Comment

I seen a gun at Canadian tire for $60. But nooo idea what I'd need with it. A filter, screen? How do I mix the paint to pour in the top thing? How do I clean it out afterwards... sooooo many questions
                          In addition to the gun you chose,(probably overpriced chinawarez anyway at CT) which should come with a basic cleaning brush and wrench to dismantle it. a 1.4mm tip is good for pretty much anything the DIY'er will do
                          Here the same diff at HF and includes the regulator
                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4mm-HVLP-A..._Tools&vxp=mtr
                          or 2 of pretty much the same
                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/HVLP-Car-Spr..._Tools&vxp=mtr

filter: theyre all over, red blue white..cheap and disposable
                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pc-Disposab...-/121411329430

on gun regulator: yes you set the tanks regulator, but you need to also on the gun with the valve open
                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Spray-Gu...-/261052236284

there are mixing cups but you can use whatever you have at hand, there are also paint strainers that you pour the paint thru
                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-pcs-Fine...Paint_Supplies

the motorcycle fairings, I used a store bought pre mixed acrylic lacquer by the quart (dude purchased the materials) shook em up good and poured from the can thru strainer into cup.

and for clean up, laquer thinner or mineral spirits depending on what your painting, im lazy and just fill the cup up with solvent of choice swish it around and spray it out with a lower pressure, every third or so job or if the paint is thick or what have you like enamel i disassemble the gun and clean with solvent..not much to it.

The acrylic lacquer was thin like water out of the can, the tractor enamel i thinned with mineral spirits and was a bit more viscous but still laid down well...

then a little crash course, this guys good, might be a little more than needed but is factual

a nice single stage source
                          http://www.paintforcars.com/acrylic_lacquer_paint.html
                          Last edited by illinois_erik; 10-16-2014, 09:07 AM.

Comment

wow. That video gets me excited to try this!! Too bad winter is coming and I have no heated garage so not sure where I could practice such things.

I thank you for the information though, got my mind thinking! Especially since I still need to paint the power folding mirrors I got.

Comment

wow. That video gets me excited to try this!! Too bad winter is coming and I have no heated garage so not sure where I could practice such things.

I thank you for the information though, got my mind thinking! Especially since I still need to paint the power folding mirrors I got.
                              Yeah the cold weather does dampen projects! I paint in my basement, luckily in the 60s someone put in a hibachi grill and kitchenette down there, I gutted it all, but kept the hole to the outside from the grill hood and use an old squirrel cage blower and some flexible ducting to exhaust when im painting grinding or welding, if you practiced with acrylics thinned with water (like in the video) or even used waterborne automotive paint the fumes would be substantially less then solvent based media.

Youre welcome for the info, glad to rekindle your interest even more..in the long run its cheaper and you get a way better final result then spray bombing
                              stuff..and cleaner because of the reduced overspray, rattle cans waste a lot of product. I saw a video where someone got some decent paint that was a crazy color on a real good deal, they took the time to drill a 1mm hole in the cans, so they could drain them and use it in their hvlp gun lmao..but the result was awesome.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X