• Show
Clear All

Nice car sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175 View Post
      Nice car sir.
      Thank you sir

Comment

So working on the car again today, good times! Today was ....

- Find a spot for the fuse box
        - Install the front speaker pods
        - Route all wiring for speaker pods, splitters, tweeters, amps
        - Check out rear end squeaks and clunnks

Below is a diagram of the general setup of the amps and speakers. The wires do not run this way and i left out the data wires.

The large amp (amp1) powers the subs. The smaller amp (amp2) powers the 300W Type R front pods. (the stereo powers the OEM speakers). There is a splitter off the battery for two wires. 1- A 2AWG wire runs to a 160amp circuit breaker and then to the start. 2- A 4AWG wire runs to a distribution block which powers both amps.

I'm debating if the amps need a in-line fuse since they have a built in fuse themselves. Any ideas guys?

And although the car had these coilovers installed by a professional mechanic I still found loose bolts. The drivers side bolt was not tightened on the top of the coilover and other things. Because of this the top of the super streets drivers side coilover was rubbing against the metal piece that sits near the seatbelt. So I just removed these things, I'm not sure what the purpose of these were anyways.

Comment

Some quiet in here.........

But i'll just keep going with the random pics

Does anyone know what the bolt holes are for seen in this pic? I always wondered this.

Comment

seems to be bolt holes for the factory disc changer. I had one in my CB7 when I first got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              I'm debating if the amps need a in-line fuse since they have a built in fuse themselves. Any ideas guys?
              Yes!!! The in-line fuse is NOT to protect the amp, rather it protects the wire from burning your car to the ground. Install it as close as possible to the battery. Pick the fuse size based on wire gauge.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                seems to be bolt holes for the factory disc changer. I had one in my CB7 when I first got it.
                Well you made my day. Always wondered this. One could make a nice shelf for an amp utilizing these bolt holes.

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                Yes!!! The in-line fuse is NOT to protect the amp, rather it protects the wire from burning your car to the ground. Install it as close as possible to the battery. Pick the fuse size based on wire gauge.
                ya... I know I know Just figured there was no way on such a short run. 4AWG wire running to a 1000W amp with 80amp fuse and 4AWG wire running to an amp with 30amp fuse. Luckily I have some in-line fuses I can use.

Comment

Wait, I spy a circuit breaker? Why not use that?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Wait, I spy a circuit breaker? Why not use that?
                    Circuit breaker is 160amp for the 2AWG wire running to the starter. I'll use two in-line fuses on the wires running to each amp.

OR....... can i use one in-line fuse running to the distribution block for the amps. I'm thinking I should use two separate in-line fuses for each amp as one amp has a 80amp fuse and the other a 30amp fuse.

What's the fuse rating to use for a 4AWG wire?

Comment

Did you get the fenders on yet? I cant wait to see how they look.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
                        Did you get the fenders on yet? I cant wait to see how they look.
                        Actually I just bought a buffer the other night and buffed them last night.
                        I may put them on soon if I can find the time. II'm also moving in 15 days which is going to put a hold on everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                          Circuit breaker is 160amp for the 2AWG wire running to the starter. I'll use two in-line fuses on the wires running to each amp.

OR....... can i use one in-line fuse running to the distribution block for the amps. I'm thinking I should use two separate in-line fuses for each amp as one amp has a 80amp fuse and the other a 30amp fuse.

What's the fuse rating to use for a 4AWG wire?
                          4 awg is rated to about 100A, +/- some amps.

You can use one fuse as long as all of the wire is the same size.

If you use a smaller inline fuse than your amps rated fuse, then the smaller fuse becomes the amps protective fuse if you wanted to go about it that way.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

4 awg is rated to about 100A, +/- some amps.

You can use one fuse as long as all of the wire is the same size.

If you use a smaller inline fuse than your amps rated fuse, then the smaller fuse becomes the amps protective fuse if you wanted to go about it that way.
                            Yep. Going to use same fuse that each amp has. Two in line fuses.

Comment

I appreciate the support sonikaccord. You should come by more often

Tonight's work.....

Only thing left to do is wire up the backup camera power and ground. I figured I'm going to wire this to one of the amps since they have a +12V / ground and since they only come on when the car is turned on.

Comment

What's the idea behind the circuit breaker for the starter? Is it a must?

Comment

Working...
                                X