Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
    Man it has been awhile since I've popped in here and you have done some amazing work! Where did you purchase your intercooler piping?
    Thanks man, i appreciate the comments. The piping came from www.treadstoneperformance.com.

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
    That camera is pretty cool, looks OE!
    Ya, only took some shaving of the key hole and I bought a sink tap rubber ring kit for a gasket and it turned out great.

Originally posted by aww_shiet View Post
    I just relocated my battery too! Added circuit breakers and additional fuses myself
    Just now, i don't believe ya

thanks for stopping by folks! More great stuff to come of course!

Comment

I don't want to be "that guy" but what do you do if your trunk line snaps, what do you do then?

Either way really impressive stuff being done here, really modernizing a 20 year old car.
      Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
        I don't want to be "that guy" but what do you do if your trunk line snaps, what do you do then?

Either way really impressive stuff being done here, really modernizing a 20 year old car.
        I use the key lock near the rear speakers to open the back seat, crawl in and pop the trunk.

Comment

It snowed on my way in to work this morning

The first snow......... noooooooo!

Comment

Already? Wow, time to prepare for a rough winter...or is that normal for that side of the world?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

The battery relocation looks great, man.

Is it better to piece these kits together yourself? The all inclusive kits i've seen don't look like anything special and are pretty pricey. I was just gonna see about picking up some quality wire from Home Depot, a battery box, breaker and fuses. I figure i could get higher quality wire and hardware that way for around the same price?

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                Already? Wow, time to prepare for a rough winter...or is that normal for that side of the world?
                Ya, it's fantastically normal I'm about to head out to fix my headlights in 3C weather. That's 37F.

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
                The battery relocation looks great, man.

Is it better to piece these kits together yourself? The all inclusive kits i've seen don't look like anything special and are pretty pricey. I was just gonna see about picking up some quality wire from Home Depot, a battery box, breaker and fuses. I figure i could get higher quality wire and hardware that way for around the same price?
                If you are talking about ebay, its all crap. I wouldn't buy such a kit from there, but I would buy it from a reputable online shop. But they wouldn't know what size circuit breakers you would need or in-line fuses. So yes, i would recommend you buy specifically what you need. Some 2AWG wire (the length you need) and the breakers and fuses you need depending on your setup.

What I wouldn't recommend is that you install it if you do not know what you are doing. We are talking about electricity and doing things incorrectly can kill you here. Have a shop do this for you if needed!

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                  Ya, it's fantastically normal I'm about to head out to fix my headlights in 3C weather. That's 37F.

If you are talking about ebay, its all crap. I wouldn't buy such a kit from there, but I would buy it from a reputable online shop. But they wouldn't know what size circuit breakers you would need or in-line fuses. So yes, i would recommend you buy specifically what you need. Some 2AWG wire (the length you need) and the breakers and fuses you need depending on your setup.

What I wouldn't recommend is that you install it if you do not know what you are doing. We are talking about electricity and doing things incorrectly can kill you here. Have a shop do this for you if needed!
                  That and a Mr. Gasket brand kit were exactly the ones i was looking at. I'm not very confident when it comes to electrical jobs, but i have a friend that installs systems and has done a number of these that can help me.

Comment

Thanks illinois_erik for the inspiration Not sure how this all connects and works, but i'll figure it out in time.

Comment

Went out tonight and re-did all the lights so they made sense now, haha. Also the shutter was not working on the low beam. So now i have a 4 phase light thing happening. DRLs, halos and corner lights, low beams + halos, and high beams (which consists of low beams (no shutter), high beams, and halos).

DRLs

One click of the headlight switch / running lights

Low beams / high beams

Wall shot, low beams. Still needs some adjusting, but i'm happy with the outcome.

Wall shot, high beams.

Comment

man, for a period of days there i kept blowing intercooler piping apart. Really frustrating! I tightened the clamps so tight that they stripped.

But i went and bought new clamps and all is well again

Comment

hose clamps? im using the SS T clamps. i dont think ill have problem with them
                          what about vacuum hoses on your plenum? i was worried id blow them off

Comment

Originally posted by kratemertyl View Post
                            hose clamps? im using the SS T clamps. i dont think ill have problem with them
                            what about vacuum hoses on your plenum? i was worried id blow them off
                            I was referring to intercooler piping and coupler connections. The pipes were coming off the intercooler where the clamps were failing. Once i got some better clamps things were good to go.

And...... let's keep in mind this was happening at 7000rpm / 15lbs of boost, so under heavy load

Comment

I wish I knew more about turbo setups and ECU programming. My tuner mentioned that I could have a button in the car setup like a race mode option. Disabled at we are at 9psi around 200whp, and enabled it would be 17psi at 410+whp. How to do such things seems impossible in my mind.

Comment

intercooler piping is what i was talking about. i was asking if you were using standard 5/8 hose clamps for your couplers. the ones with the worm gears.
                                im using the T calmps, about 3 dollars a piece but very stout.

and then i was wondering if you had experienced the same problem on your IM i.e. hoses blowing off due to positive pressure rather then just the vacuum like it set up to do?
                                that was something i was worried about happening.

have you been buy to see my gauge pillar i was telling you about?

Comment

Working...
                                X