Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kratemertyl View Post
    intercooler piping is what i was talking about. i was asking if you were using standard 5/8 hose clamps for your couplers. the ones with the worm gears.
    im using the T calmps, about 3 dollars a piece but very stout.

and then i was wondering if you had experienced the same problem on your IM i.e. hoses blowing off due to positive pressure rather then just the vacuum like it set up to do?
    that was something i was worried about happening.

have you been buy to see my gauge pillar i was telling you about?
    I use these......

The piping kit came with a cheaper set of clamps and so I replaced them with better ones that are better built. I finally did get things set properly but it just seems to be a "by feel" type of thing. Too tight and you strip the bolt, too loose and the piping comes out. The clamps I use on my piping are 2.75" and 3" ones on the intercooler couplers. I wouldn't use the worm gear ones but I could see how they would work too.

I currently have no issues with hoses coming off my IM.

What pod are you talking about? Got a link?

Comment

yea those are the T-clamps i was talking about.

remember when i said i was working on my pillar gauge pod around the time when you posted pics of yours and said you might be interested in it, well i posted a pic, its a small one but you can get the idea. its on that last page

Comment

Originally posted by kratemertyl View Post
        yea those are the T-clamps i was talking about.

remember when i said i was working on my pillar gauge pod around the time when you posted pics of yours and said you might be interested in it, well i posted a pic, its a small one but you can get the idea. its on that last page
        What last page? last page of my MRT or your MRT?

Comment

I'm pretty sure if I changed my username to mad_jdm_skillz I would get like 300,000 views and tons of followers, although I just put 4-5 JDM things on my car and its not really a true JDM car. I'm also going to start listing things I really don't have in my car and things that are really nothing....

Exterior:
          Pre-rolled JDM fenders (sold)
          17" True Hart rims (not bought yet)
          OEM Cat (not installed
          Exhaust flame kit (sold)

Interior:
          JDM Stereo
          JDM door handles
          JDM clock (not installed)
          OEM dash
          Black e-brake handle

Comment

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait a f'ing second! You mean to tell me that you're not...

I've just been wasting all this time reading your MRT!!!

Comment

LOL............. I needed that!!!!

Comment

LOL I just about fell out of my chair at those last few posts!

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
                  Oh dude, that sticker, and the little cambered, catless civics and integras that sport it, make me laugh! #illest #onehunnid #I(Wakaba Mark)JDM #racerzunlimited #bulitnotbought #completelydisgracefulimageofahandinthedoublefinge ringposition

It's like it's own mini culture that has so little to do with actual Japanese culture.

I call them the JDM yoyos.
                  *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                  ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                  ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                  "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                  The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                  Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

lol, Ya, so true.

One drove by me the other day while walking down the road with the girlfriend. I started making farting noises with my tongue hanging out of my mouth while breathing (shifting) and I sounded like the car too.

The funny part is the story I told her when I was younger and did the exact same thing. The story I told was......

I remember going to a muffler shop with a 3" fart can all excited! And the guys did some exhaust work on the car (this green car) and put that big fart can on. I was so excited when they started it and revved it hearing the sound of that .......... fart For the next month I revved the shit out of the car. I'd find overpasses to crack on it and driving down main st. between buildings the sound would bounce back and forth between the buildings. I was truly hated.

LOL. But now that I'm older i'm pretty sure the owner and guys who did the work had a morning meeting and it went something like this.

"OK guys, young fella coming in to put a fart can on. I need you to act excited and say it sounds great and don't let on that it sounds like shit. He's paying us $300 to redo his exhaust system so don't f*ck this up!"

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                      lol, Ya, so true.

One drove by me the other day while walking down the road with the girlfriend. I started making farting noises with my tongue hanging out of my mouth while breathing (shifting) and I sounded like the car too.

The funny part is the story I told her when I was younger and did the exact same thing. The story I told was......

I remember going to a muffler shop with a 3" fart can all excited! And the guys did some exhaust work on the car (this green car) and put that big fart can on. I was so excited when they started it and revved it hearing the sound of that .......... fart For the next month I revved the shit out of the car. I'd find overpasses to crack on it and driving down main st. between buildings the sound would bounce back and forth between the buildings. I was truly hated.

LOL. But now that I'm older i'm pretty sure the owner and guys who did the work had a morning meeting and it went something like this.

"OK guys, young fella coming in to put a fart can on. I need you to act excited and say it sounds great and don't let on that it sounds like shit. He's paying us $300 to redo his exhaust system so don't f*ck this up!"

I can't stop laughing right now! This sounds like me a few years back. I use to do the same thing and loved it! Now I'm rocking a full stock exhaust, I miss the can at times but love the sleeper now and a bonus is....no more cops pulling me over

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

U BIATCHEZ BE MAD WACK YO!!!!!!! AN JUST BE HATING!!!!!!!

WE KEAPS IT RIAL JUST ASK THE STRETZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Tishock; 11-13-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                          I'm pretty sure if I changed my username to mad_jdm_skillz I would get like 300,000 views and tons of followers, although I just put 4-5 JDM things on my car and its not really a true JDM car. I'm also going to start listing things I really don't have in my car and things that are really nothing....

Exterior:
                          Pre-rolled JDM fenders (sold)
                          17" True Hart rims (not bought yet)
                          OEM Cat (not installed
                          Exhaust flame kit (sold)

Interior:
                          JDM Stereo
                          JDM door handles
                          JDM clock (not installed)
                          OEM dash
                          Black e-brake handle

I hate this crap, too. It's just a penis-showing contest if you ask me. It usually goes something to the effect of:

'91-'93 Legend sedan front lip (uninstalled)
                          '91-'93 Legend coupe front lip (uninstalled)
                          'Chargespeed front lip (installed)

I don't care what you've had on your car in the past when I'm reading your mods list. Those aren't modifications that your vehicle has. You're just wanting to remind the community that you've had those parts at one time because possessing cool things somehow makes you cool. If you're discerning between your summer and winter wheels, that's one thing. But to remind everyone how cool you were at one time is ridiculous.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

This thread just got ratchet af bruh...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                              I hate this crap, too. It's just a penis-showing contest if you ask me. It usually goes something to the effect of:

'91-'93 Legend sedan front lip (uninstalled)
                              '91-'93 Legend coupe front lip (uninstalled)
                              'Chargespeed front lip (installed)

I don't care what you've had on your car in the past when I'm reading your mods list. Those aren't modifications that your vehicle has. You're just wanting to remind the community that you've had those parts at one time because possessing cool things somehow makes you cool. If you're discerning between your summer and winter wheels, that's one thing. But to remind everyone how cool you were at one time is ridiculous.
                              Yeeep. haha. And some are pretty bad. Some have things not installed on their ride and you don't see any pictures of it being installed. Some I think owned the part but never installed it but list it anyways. IE - I have VIS fiberglass fenders but they are not installed. I seen one guy who put "OEM CAT" on his list plus other OEM parts

Comment

NGK spark plug wires
                                5W-30 Rotella T oil
                                NTK oxygen sensor
                                new tires
                                recently washed
                                full tank of gas...
                                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                                X