Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tishock View Post
    Wow, that takes me back. This is back around 2000. I had the brushed aluminum bezel with those chrome rings. Later I removed the bezel and left the rings on. Finally, I replaced the cluster a few years back and never transferred the rings. Now that I think about it, I kinda miss them.

2000, shit I'm old!

Wait, hold on one second, be right back...

God damn kids always walking on my lawn!

Ok, what was I saying? Oh ya something about nipple rings?
    haha....... doubt your older than me
    But on with the show, two new ball joints FTW!

Comment

Well lesson learned on my behalf. Went to honda to get some parts, got some anti-rattle pad clips for the caliper brackets. Buddy told me they had two kinds.... . Spoke about they made two different kinds of calipers for a cb7 and they had different clips for them. So I took a chance.....

I was wrong.

Comment

Nissin and Akebono.... People always ask what the difference is... now ya know!
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
          Nissin and Akebono.... People always ask what the difference is... now ya know!
          What model came with each? I'm guessing its not a DX vs. EXR but maybe a US vs. Canada ?

Comment

I don't know that there is an actual method to the madness......

91 DX Coupe Nissin Front w/rear drum while the Sedan had a choice between Nissin and Akebono for the front w/rear drum
            91 EX Coupe Nissin front w/rear drum the Sedan also had a choice between the two.

93 DX sedan & Coupe Akebono in the front (rear drum)
            93 EX Sedan & Coupe Akebono in the front and Nissin in the rear.

This is based off the Honda parts catalog...... The best way to really tell is to look at your caliper before you buy them. Never know if someone swapped them out!
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Just get Legend calipers from a junkyard, they come with the clip already installed!
              Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                Just get Legend calipers from a junkyard, they come with the clip already installed!
                You my friend have never been to a Canada junk yard

Comment

I have, and I know what you are saying! lol

I just ended up buying the ROH big brake kit from TAS. Bit pricey but it's all new parts.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Comment

I have, and I know what you are saying! lol

I just ended up buying the ROH big brake kit from TAS. Bit pricey but it's all new parts.
                      Ohhh don't get me started on TAS. You can buy a pair of calipers from there, shipping would be $50. Understandable, weight, size, customs, etc. I was going to order these caliper anti-rattle clips and pin boots from TAS but to my surprise shipping for that was around $37. A package that weights less than a beavers left testicle costs just as much to ship as a large item! So ya.. they are good when the cost of the item is worth it.

Comment

I don't know that there is an actual method to the madness......

91 DX Coupe Nissin Front w/rear drum while the Sedan had a choice between Nissin and Akebono for the front w/rear drum
                        91 EX Coupe Nissin front w/rear drum the Sedan also had a choice between the two.

93 DX sedan & Coupe Akebono in the front (rear drum)
                        93 EX Sedan & Coupe Akebono in the front and Nissin in the rear.

This is based off the Honda parts catalog...... The best way to really tell is to look at your caliper before you buy them. Never know if someone swapped them out!
                        Ironic. Went back to Honda with the new parts, my old clip, and the VIN. They confirmed that the part they gave me was correct & that someone swapped out the caliper at some point.

Comment

Let's see if I can get a filter to fit in here.

Comment

Yeah I hear you on the shipping, that's why I bought bulk! Wish we had more choices up here. May have to take a trip down south with a trailer one of these days and do some pick'n.

How much room do you have for a filter? The K&N universal page is full of different size and shape filters. That is where I have bought my odd sized filters on the last two builds.

Can't really see what you have for room or the flange size (assuming 4" O.D inlet) RC-5148
                            Last edited by GhostAccord; 01-16-2015, 12:00 AM.
                            MR Thread
                            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Yeah I hear you on the shipping, that's why I bought bulk! Wish we had more choices up here. May have to take a trip down south with a trailer one of these days and do some pick'n.

How much room do you have for a filter? The K&N universal page is full of different size and shape filters. That is where I have bought my odd sized filters on the last two builds.

Can't really see what you have for room or the flange size (assuming 4" O.D inlet) RC-5148
                              Yep. 4". I'll see what I can find and order something

Comment

A package that weights less than a beavers left testicle
                                How much does a beavers left testicle way? Does the right testicle weigh more or less? Are we talking about a baby beaver ("kit" looked it up) or a full size adult beaver? ....

I smiled when I read your comment this morning. Its a bit chaotic here at work and a co-worker saw me and said "What the fuck you smiling at!" He giggled when I showed him and then we jokingly started asking each other the questions above. Thank you sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X