No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black interior dash pieces FTW! Thank to a great member on here for helping a fella out!

Comment

This is what came in my RX7 GReddy turbo kit. They appear to cheaper than the HKS.

GReddy Airinx Air Filters
      http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part...rs/Airinx/9245

Last edited by Tishock; 01-23-2015, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        Black interior dash pieces FTW! Thank to a great member on here for helping a fella out!

Comment

thanks, tishock I'll check them out.

anywho, on with the show......I found a drip!! So i had to tear more of the car apart

The drip was coming from where the last mechanic looped the PS lines rather than going through the .. ... cooler in the front (fin thing). But he did a piss poor job of looping the line and I'm not sure why he did it there.

So i took the traction bar off and I will fix this soon. It's been leaking for quite some time. I'm going to loop the line somewhere else and rip the rest of that line out.

For those who are wondering how much room I have for a turbo filter.
          Picture from top down:

Picture from bottom up:

And question for all....... how would you get rid of rusty cam gears?? I will not stand for this at all!!

Comment

If you are getting rid of the power steering, I would suggest this instead.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...power+steering

Best suggestion I have for the cam gears is use a small rotating wire brush to remove the rust then paint it. And probably covering them back up might help prevent this.
            Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
              If you are getting rid of the power steering, I would suggest this instead.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...power+steering

Best suggestion I have for the cam gears is use a small rotating wire brush to remove the rust then paint it. And probably covering them back up might help prevent this.
              I've seen that article. But i'm keeping the PS, just deleted the cooler. The "loop" for this is down by the rad support. But i could be looped back by the firewall.

Comment

I use to want one of those compact foam filters, but then I read lots of places that foam filtering is not as effective as cotton filtering. Just throwing this out there, Apexi has tons of different options for filters as well. http://www.apexi-usa.com/store/induc...ntake-kit.html

I will admit that it seems easier to navigate towards a certain filter on the K&N site.
                *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Only time I have ever seen anyone use foam style filters properly was on motocross/trail bikes. They are good for limited use as they require frequent cleaning and oiling in order to filter out fine debris. IMO they are more for filtering out leaves and larger debris. However, they will work as long as you keep them well oiled and constantly clean them. The oiled cotton filters would still be a much better choice in this situation. They last longer from what I have seen.
                  Last edited by GhostAccord; 01-24-2015, 06:03 PM.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Never enough time. Hey GhostAccord, you may know about power steering (ps). I cut the lines going down to the cooler near the PS reservoir. I don't want to put that dirty old reservoir back in so i was thinking of getting a ebay one. But the hose connections are in different spots, 2 on the lower / 1 upper where the OEM reservoir is 1 on the lower, 2 on the upper. Obviously this makes a difference as the one on the bottom is the return line, you agree?

Comment

Comment

Wish I could give you a quick answer. I'll have to take a look at the PS line diagrams to get a better feel for it. I trashed my PS system 4 years ago when I stripped the chassis down.....lol I'm going the way of manual steering and manual brakes!

Edit.
                        The port on the bottom is usually pump feed. Then in the case of a three port system there is also a bypass line that goes from the flow control valve after the pump into the bottom of the reservoir. Then there is the return from the rack/cooler this is usually located near the fluid level indicators.
                        Last edited by GhostAccord; 01-27-2015, 01:20 AM.
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                          Wish I could give you a quick answer. I'll have to take a look at the PS line diagrams to get a better feel for it. I trashed my PS system 4 years ago when I stripped the chassis down.....lol I'm going the way of manual steering and manual brakes!

Edit.
                          The port on the bottom is usually pump feed. Then in the case of a three port system there is also a bypass line that goes from the flow control valve after the pump into the bottom of the reservoir. Then there is the return from the rack/cooler this is usually located near the fluid level indicators.
                          You are correct. Thanks, I'll ask in the forum.

Comment

Some serious seriousness going on here. I'm intrigued.
                            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                              Some serious seriousness going on here. I'm intrigued.
                              thanks man, i appreciate ya stopping by.

Update:
                              So pretty much re-doing everything here. New lower control arm, new sway bar bushings, still have new inner and outer tie rods. New lower ball joints, but debating if I want to change the bushings on them to the red energy suspension ones. It's a shame to have all these new parts and I don't have new knuckle to put in here too. Dare say these would be expensive

Comment

sorry I missed this earlier, but there is some serious work going on in here!! love the build!!!!!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                                Current cars:
                                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                                X