Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    This pic still makes me think.... something is missing...
    A grill? Some rock chips to give it that good, well driven look? Key marks by an angry ex?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I'd say the only thing missing is a turbo filter like you said... Did you figure out what wheels you're gonna go with?

Also, you might want to consider investing in a Sawzall. I use mine to cut through exhaust pipes a lot, and it's saved me many times. Nobody likes being upside down on the floor sawing metal by hand.
      Last edited by F22Chris; 05-05-2015, 08:02 PM.

Comment

haha. A jack lee would be nice I guess. A CF hood would be better!

I guess what is missing is the look I'm going for. And I think the answer is the wheels. And.... i'm ready to buy wheels but i'm so picky I cannot decide what to get. I have been looking for weeks....

I keep seeing this wheel in the Honda dealership every time I go. And it's a lot like the wheels I have now which I like. They are a silver and black contrast which matches the tint and chrome of the car. They are 5 spoke and kind of have that "Mercedes" kind of expensive look to them. But of course they are 5 lug.

And I always wanted to lower the car more to remove fender gap but I can't because of the 3" exhaust under the car now. I can have more tire but then the car sits higher off the ground still.

Comment

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

haha, beautiful, but find them in a 4x114.3 with 38 - 42 offset.

Comment

I know you were thinking it was close.

Last edited by Raf99; 09-04-2017, 07:49 PM.

Comment

I think only the experienced will be able to relate to this.

Comment

Is that an S2 EGR bracket?

Comment

Ahhh yes. Did you shim both sides and use the stock lude rail?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Amazing build, subscribed.

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
                        Is that an S2 EGR bracket?
                        No, just a piece of metal I had.

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                        Ahhh yes. Did you shim both sides and use the stock lude rail?
                        I did And the problems with lude seats are ...

- No matter what rails you use (accord or prelude) you have to shim them so they are wide enough to use the car body bolt holes
                        - By doing this the back portion of the seat metal bars coming down have to be bent to attach to the same two rails on each side |_| . or its a tight fit
                        - The seat will be slanted a bit from using the accord rails (I read the fix for this is to use the prelude rails)
                        - The seat will be a low rider stance; lean far back _/ (The fix for this is to drill another hole on the side bracket of the recliner section. )
                        - But the other side (pic below) is being bent out, needs to be back 1" or the back recliner portion will be crooked on a weird angle

For these set of seats I used the prelude seats and prelude rails. I modified the one corner rail by bending it and drilling a hole in it. I used spacers to widen the stance to line up with the holes. I also drilled the side bracket so it sits up straight more, and then modified the other side bracket to match the location of the other side.

Fingers crossed that all this makes them sit 100% perfect!

Originally posted by jhoff View Post
                        Amazing build, subscribed.
                        Thanks man. Been a while since I heard someone say that

Comment

So this seat is done. I may go with thicker metal if I can find some. I also used a bearing on the bolt so the back portion of the seat can still pivot.

Comment

Very nice.

I'm currently evaluating the seat situation for mine. Looking good.
                            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                              Very nice.

I'm currently evaluating the seat situation for mine. Looking good.
                              Usual issues?

Comment

These are 3rd gen prelude seats? Can you comment on how much lighter they are than our stock seats?

Comment

Working...
                                X