No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I currently have a 3 row but due to space I was forced to use a pusher fan. Car temps go to 215f when sitting at a light other wise it's drops to 198 when moving. I just bought a 2 row koyo half size , but I don't know if the fan I have will fit as a puller.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

What size is the fan and what's the CFM on that fan? You'll want to be around 1600 CFM for a 4banger. Also not trying to insult your intelligence but did you make sure its blowing in the right direction? Is it a puller, pusher or 2-way/reversible?

Comment

Originally posted by Tishock View Post
        What size is the fan and what's the CFM on that fan? You'll want to be around 1600 CFM for a 4banger. Also not trying to insult your intelligence but did you make sure its blowing in the right direction? Is it a puller, pusher or 2-way/reversible?
        No problem I don't feel slighted. It's a go autoworks 1550 cc fan, it reversible. I changed the polarity and flipped the blades. I can feel the air flow through it but I don't think it's enough to cool the 3 cores. Though the 3 row I have is an eBay product from cx racing, heard decent stuff about them on hondatech. The car does take 15 - 20 min to overheat while parked or idling.

Comment

Yup, I'm also running the cx-racing radiator (see sig), their shroud and I believe a flexalite 2k CFM fan. Going on 4 years now. Had the first one another 3-4 years before a large piece of metal went piercing through it on the fwy. Have also installed them in a couple EGs with no problems. I assume the manifold is deceptively closer to the radiator than it looks in the pic in your MRT and probably runs a lot hotter than my header. Because it almost looks like you have enough room.

Comment

Yup, I'm also running the cx-racing radiator (see sig), their shroud and I believe a flexalite 2k CFM fan. Going on 4 years now. Had the first one another 3-4 years before a large piece of metal went piercing through it on the fwy. Have also installed them in a couple EGs with no problems. I assume the manifold is deceptively closer to the radiator than it looks in the pic in your MRT and probably runs a lot hotter than my header. Because it almost looks like you have enough room.
            I will post some pics on my members ride thread so you can see the clearance. I don't want to further thread jack , sorry raf.

Comment

I assume they need to look at the gear first before they can quote you anything or did they give you a quote? I was going to suggest sending it to Synchrotech or buying one of their already machined gears. But I just remembered you're in the Great White North.
              Quote was $70. Dropped the gear off today. Should be done Tuesday or so.

Originally posted by laz93se View Post
              I currently have a 3 row but due to space I was forced to use a pusher fan. Car temps go to 215f when sitting at a light other wise it's drops to 198 when moving. I just bought a 2 row koyo half size , but I don't know if the fan I have will fit as a puller.
              I will post some pics on my members ride thread so you can see the clearance. I don't want to further thread jack , sorry raf.
              Naa, don't mind at all. You running half rad too?

Comment

Naa, don't mind at all. You running half rad too?[/QUOTE]

Yup, 3 row. But my fan doesn't fit as a puller style. Have you had any cooling issues?

Comment

Naa, don't mind at all. You running half rad too?
                  Yup, 3 row. But my fan doesn't fit as a puller style. Have you had any cooling issues?[/QUOTE]

No cooling issues at all. My fan is in the front pushing air through the rad, and I'm using a block off plate beside the rad (<-- this is a must for half rad as air will take the least resistant path).

Comment

H22A + skunk2 intake manifold while trying to replace the power brake booster = fuck!

Comment

I might have to do that block off plate like you did. Did you have any cooling issues before it.
                      That's sucks about the brake booster, I can't laugh cause I my have to change mine pretty soon.

Comment

finally! cut everything i could off the power booster and slid it out like a new born baby!

Centric rings..

Comment

I might have to do that block off plate like you did. Did you have any cooling issues before it.
                          That's sucks about the brake booster, I can't laugh cause I my have to change mine pretty soon.
                          Ya, no air will go through the fan if you don't have that other area blocked (or very little air). That huge hole is the path of least resistance.

Comment

Just noticed that there is no dust shield behind your brake rotor. Are there any negative side affects to this? Does it help with cooling the rotor?

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                              Just noticed that there is no dust shield behind your brake rotor. Are there any negative side affects to this? Does it help with cooling the rotor?
                              The dust shields are there to prevent dirt, rocks, dust from getting between your rotors and pads and protect that area as well. But I don't drive the car on dirt roads and to replace my old ones was $60-$70 a piece I believe. So I don't use them

Negative affects = dirt/rocks/ between pads and rotors causing you to scratch or mess up your rotors.

Positive affects = Save $ (assuming yours are swiss cheese)

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                                The dust shields are there to prevent dirt, rocks, dust from getting between your rotors and pads and protect that area as well. But I don't drive the car on dirt roads and to replace my old ones was $60-$70 a piece I believe. So I don't use them

Negative affects = dirt/rocks/ between pads and rotors causing you to scratch or mess up your rotors.

Positive affects = Save $ (assuming yours are swiss cheese)
                                Oh I see.

My problem is that after brake jobs, the rotor sometimes touches the dust shield and causes a very annoying repetitive sound. I was just wondering if you noticed anything that may cause problems from not having the dust shield. I am tired of fixing the contact issue and have bent the dust shields so many times.

Next time I have the chance, I will probably remove them. Maybe it will help with cooling the rotors

Comment

Working...
                                X