No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally understand that feeling. Like I want to do this 10 minute project, but have to spend an hour and a half taking shit off.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Yep, 2 hours 30min later.....

Figured I'd run the door light switch wires off the cig. lighter light, as it turns on accordingly with the turn of the light switch. There are no other wires in the doors that act like this. Not sure how to run wires to the doors. The seals going from the body to the door itself seem to be pretty tight. I'll have to do some research on this.
      Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Wow...ummm a bit overkill lol.

What I would do is just fish wire through the rubber grommet on the door, then repeat for the other side. It will exit out right under the dash on the driver's side and behind the blower motor for the passenger's side.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          Wow...ummm a bit overkill lol.

What I would do is just fish wire through the rubber grommet on the door, then repeat for the other side. It will exit out right under the dash on the driver's side and behind the blower motor for the passenger's side.
          ya, i tried that. Might be possible if you unhook the connection in back of the fender. I think you must be implying this as there is no way to fish a wire all the way through. & it's winter time here. Car is in storage, may as well rip it apart again and get some projects done for her.

Besides that I just remembered I wanted to install puddle lights too, as well as some door tweeters. The puddle lights I think will be 4xLED or a bar of LEDs. I'd like something functional like this. (I think having a Honda logo is corny) If anyone has any suggestions on good LEDs that would do the job, please let me know. I'd rather have a LED bar type lighting than one tiny LED or spotlight type light.

I also seen an Oldmobile the other day that had behind the door handle lights. I think it was cool but maybe overboard.
          Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Raf use the door grommets. There is room you just have to unwrap the tape that Honda did at the factory. This is where I ran my wire tuck through. So I fit everything for the front of the body through this grommet as well as more stuff for the digital climate control. It's a pain in the ass but Sonik has the locations correct this would be your best bet.

Here is a picture of where I pulled the entire front body harness through on both sides.

I'm sure you can pull 2 or 3 wires through it.

Comment

Yep, that's what I'm going to do. It's the bends and getting it through the door that may be a pain but obviously possible. thanks for the pic and helping out!

So I went out today and bought :
              - hole saw (for tweeters)
              - wire
              - fabric
              - LED lights

I found these new lights at a store and they solved the issue of wanting to use LEDs in the bottom light on the doors! Hoping they turn out good!

And this is the fabric I'm testing out on one door. If it looks good I'll get the rest for the other doors and the back part below the rear window.

Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Yea man, no problem. Glad I could help out some.

Comment

Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Thats a timely post. This warm and humid winter we have currently in the UK has taken its toll on the door card material in my cb. Ive twice tried to spray glue it back on but soon as it get hot inside it peels off. Hope yours doesnt. What are you using?

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
                      Thats a timely post. This warm and humid winter we have currently in the UK has taken its toll on the door card material in my cb. Ive twice tried to spray glue it back on but soon as it get hot inside it peels off. Hope yours doesnt. What are you using?
                      I'm just using some fabric glue I picked up at a fabric place. I once had your problem long ago and off the shelf glue was not doing the trick. I took it to a glass place and told them the story and they said "we got stuff that will do the trick, that store bought stuff is all garbage". They sprayed it on (came out of a paint gun looking device) and never had the problem again.

So maybe try a glass place and get the good stuff.

Comment

Right, interesting. Ill look that up. Thanks

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                        UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                        NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Looking good Raf
                          NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                          DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

That feeling when you are excited but think you may have gotten yourself into too much..
                            Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2018, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              That feeling when you are excited but think you may have gotten yourself into too much..

it's just a cherry picker no need to be scared.
                              CB7TUNER.com
                              Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post

Ditto cb9love. This just means your going to save a bunch of money on labor. It could also mean some unforeseen plans in the future?

Comment

Working...
                                X