• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good man!

Comment

Originally posted by accordboi77 View Post
      Looking good man!
      Thanks man

For the rear doors LED light switch this is how I ran the wire.
      Last edited by Raf99; 07-26-2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

one of the most crazy cb7 on the forum congrats ! im happy to finaly find the page of your ride !
        My Ride Thread
        The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
        Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

Originally posted by DragonEye View Post
          one of the most crazy cb7 on the forum congrats ! im happy to finaly find the page of your ride !
          Thanks fellow Canadian!! Stop by anytime!

Update:
          Well I got all of the doors installed again and all the wiring LEDs are installed. This weekend I'll test them out and pray that everything works. I need to finish the JDM to USDM mirror swap and then wire in the relay for these and then I can test these too! After this only thing left to do is get the ESP front upper strut bar fully installed and then work on that fuse box extender wire.

Oh... ya, going to have to finish that transmission too

Comment

I'm not going to lie, but i just spent 4+ hours installing this traction bar. Seriously difficult to have every hole lined up perfectly. I had to widen the holes 2mm on one side to get the shocks up and through. Then you have to drill the perfect holes into the firewall section. Lowering the suspension each time you want to mark and drill a hole, I even tried lowering that corner of the car, but it didn't help. I found I had to put my passenger side on first, then the driver side. So difficult to install, but so stiff to get on it will make the car super great! It really feels like the car is crazy stiff now.

Cheers!
            Last edited by Raf99; 07-26-2017, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Yes!!! Good job!

I struggled and failed to put mines on. I have to give it another round of fighting.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

i like that strut bar alot ! i wish find one used
                probably make one in aluminium and a traction bar too
                My Ride Thread
                The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
                Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

Part of me thinks i should of had it painted green, meh. Latest I've been wanting to paint the car all green. The lips, skirts, spoiler, and have the car all green, then add accents (wind visors, bra, etc). Right now the lips and skirts are the accents.

But tonight i went at it agian. Finished splicing in the relay for the mirrors. Also wired up the LED door light switches, and any power needed for other items. This all comes together behind the stereo, each wire lengthened, with a proper connector, hopefully no issues. Thinking tomorrow I am going to hook up the battery and cross my fingers that all electrical works. Was a lot of work.

Comment

Im loving all the modern additions every time I visit this thread. Keep it up bro

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                      Im loving all the modern additions every time I visit this thread. Keep it up bro
                      Thanks man & I appreciate the visit!

Sooo another night. Tested all the LED lights, mirrors, etc. Connected the battery and two front door puddle lights did not work and when folding the mirrors one would go out when one was coming in

So an hour later and things were solved. Had the two wires for the mirrors connected the wrong way, de-pinned the connector, switched them and problem solved. Also had the wires backwards for the puddle lights in the front. In honesty I probably soldered the wrong wire to the positive for the LED, but problem solved.

On a negative note, when i connected the battery tonight, my boost solenoid started ticking. Loud enough that it sounds like I have a cigg tire pump under the hood. I'll have to look into this as from what I'm reading this is a normal sound...... but I've never heard it before. I guess it only activates when needed.... dunno.

Picture does not do this justice...

Also finished this spidery looking thing, kind of. ...
                      Last edited by Raf99; 07-26-2017, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Nice, job on the puddle lights. I put mine in a similar place, but I think yours are a lot more intense.
                        http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                          Nice, job on the puddle lights. I put mine in a similar place, but I think yours are a lot more intense.
                          Thanks, still not what i thought they would be. I was hoping for a larger circle of light, more spread out. Like that jeep picture a few pages back, that is what i was hoping for. Oh well, maybe I'll try some others another time.

And these.................

They do not work in the door lights. They fit, they work when connected to 12V. And the reason is the resistor built into the OEM light. I should of thought of this before. The resistor drains the power slowely to the light to give it that fade when you close the door. But because of this these LEDs do not work in the door. Oh well...

Comment

Finished the JDM to USDM mirror swap. Turned out great and now I have Power folding OEM USDM mirrors

I must admit, finishing this mirror swap was a chore. From getting the mirrors, relays, and switch. Then to figuring out what wires to use for what mirror function. Then wiring the 2 extra wires required for the folding function. De-pinning and re-pinning wires, finding the right location for the relay box, running power to 12V ignition, swapping the guts into my mirrors (oh, the rusty screws will not come out without an impact screw driver), etc. It was nice to finish this one!

Last edited by Raf99; 04-01-2016, 12:48 AM.

Comment

I ordered some black door handles for the car. I may try the other fenders again, i"m not sure. Currently left on the list before summer is
                              - Put stereo back in (stereo, speaker pods, amp, subs, connect everything)
                              - Find a way to secure the cd5 side skirts better
                              - Put fenders and bumper back on (connect all lights)
                              -
                              - figure out what to do with that dam fuse box....

and probably do an oil change...

Comment

Wow, you've been busy. I've been away for while and just caught up on your MRT. Keep up the good work, sir.

Also got your PM. I thought Synchrotech would have packaged set, but I never looked in to it further. Nice to know they're available. Will definitely get a set for the next tranny build.

Comment

Working...
                                X