No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the car certainly looks fantastic still. It's a mark of a good build to have it start up like that.

Comment

Engine bay is gorgeous! Glad it's starting up reliably!
      1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Looking good raf. That wire project you're doing looks monstrous
        NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
        DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
          Well the car certainly looks fantastic still. It's a mark of a good build to have it start up like that.
          Originally posted by apalileo View Post
          Engine bay is gorgeous! Glad it's starting up reliably!
          Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
          Looking good raf. That wire project you're doing looks monstrous
          Thanks all. Have an appointment on the 22nd to go get the inspection done, oil changed, and other small items taken care of. May put a CAT on and a resonator too.

The wire project certainly is a project. It's going to go under the passenger seat as this is the only spot left for room. Only concern I have is wondering if the heat produced by the wires will melt the glue. 95% of the wires = no. But there are some large wires in there which are for headlight relays, etc. Power to the box will be supplied from the battery in the trunk. I may have to find a proper ground too or keep the one near the glove box.

Comment

I^2*R my friend. If you have wires getting hot enough to melt the glue you have other problems.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
              I^2*R my friend. If you have wires getting hot enough to melt the glue you have other problems.
              To my knowledge the wires don't get hot at all. Do they?

Comment

Not enough to matter unless:
                A. Your pulling a lot of current, and
                B. You have a shitty, high resistance connection.

Like this guy:

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                  Not enough to matter unless:
                  A. Your pulling a lot of current, and
                  B. You have a shitty, high resistance connection.

Like this guy:
                  ok thanks, lol... not sure how one does that to a ground, unless they plugged in a high amperage wire to ground.

Comment

Got the inspection done today. Changed the oil and went for a long long drive. Car ran amazing and only two issues came up.
                    1. The power steering pump seal is leaking a tiny tiny bit. Not even one drip in an hour.
                    2. The mishimoto rad cap fails when things get hot and sprays shit everywhere.

But that's it New PS pump is in order and the rad cap will be fixed eventually. Raised the car up too in the front so it will fit on the dyno which is Sunday.

Comment

This is the rear window visor and OEM door wind visors install. Not the easiest install due to clips and rubber trim you have to take out for the doors.

First, let's strengthen the main issue folks have with the aftermarket rear window visor over time.....

install

GF had the touch for handling that rubber

Last edited by Raf99; 07-26-2017, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Took the car to dyno day today here. Car got a lot of attention and should of been the top HP car (besides the new camaro) but .......... 275HP is all i could get Not too happy either. But a few determining factors which led to this...

1. I had to raise the car to get it on the dyno, more than 1" as the downpipe hits a section of the dyno when the dyno lowers the car onto the rollers. This created positive camber.
                        2. Because of the positive camber the tires could not keep traction in 4th gear.
                        3. The car was still too low

So that all bummed me out. The show stopper car that everyone came to see produced some low #s. After the 2nd run, I just drove it off the dyno and left. And now I'm sad.

Comment

:/

275 is still a good bit of power. The question is, are you going to up the boost?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                            Took the car to dyno day today here. Car got a lot of attention and should of been the top HP car (besides the new camaro) but .......... 275HP is all i could get Not too happy either. But a few determining factors which led to this...

1. I had to raise the car to get it on the dyno, more than 1" as the downpipe hits a section of the dyno when the dyno lowers the car onto the rollers. This created positive camber.
                            2. Because of the positive camber the tires could not keep traction in 4th gear.
                            3. The car was still too low

So that all bummed me out. The show stopper car that everyone came to see produced some low #s. After the 2nd run, I just drove it off the dyno and left. And now I'm sad.

So are you going to try and get an alignment and go back and re-dyno to see if you can get the power down better? Still seems low even with traction issues.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Try to find someone with an in ground dyno. I've been on the rollers many times and never had to raise my car. Plus the rollers are heavy enough to simulate at least part of the cars weight on the road. It will read a little lower, but I like it.

Comment

I say find a hub dyno if you can, the reading will be more accurate.

What's your psi for boost. You should've been at least at 350-400
                                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Working...
                                X