No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS had a small leak so I bought a rebuild kit. Took the old PS pump I had and started to clean up every part.

Current unit, leaky, dirty...

Cleaning...
    Last edited by Raf99; 12-03-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Well I guess the advertised PS rebuild kit I bought was the wrong one. Go amazon! But still went ahead.........

Old vs. new. It's hard to sand in those places...

Wish I could not use this heavy thing...

Looks 100 times better!

And only one regret! ............ yes, I'm going to take that bracket off and paint it silver. Not sure what I was thinking. Also have some more cleaning to do on bolts and nuts, etc. in the area.
      Last edited by Raf99; 12-03-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Much better....

Last edited by Raf99; 12-03-2017, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Looks much better that you painted it silver. Nice and clean
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

What did you think about the rebuild kit? I have a spare ps pump I want to rebuild. Where did you buy your kit from?

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
              What did you think about the rebuild kit? I have a spare ps pump I want to rebuild. Where did you buy your kit from?
              Was going to buy it form rock auto, but bought it from amazon. Both had the same part # and in the end none of the seals in the kit were the proper size

They were all close, but not the proper ones. Like it was a cheap ebay bullshit brand where it was a generic honda PS pump rebuild kit and not close to the honda one.

Started the car tonight after cleaning and re-using the old seals and it's not looking good. Also now it looks like the top high pressure hose seal is now leaking a very small amount.

FAIL

And....... I searched for a couple of days for that too. You can't specifically find a kit that matches your pump, ie - I have a 1995 honda accord PS pump. So on ebay you'll find this. But...... either the seals were too thick or made in China, etc and were not exactly what they should of been in some dimension.

So. ..... what did I think. I think unless you get these from Honda which I don't know is possible (going to call tomorrow), it is easier to buy a new pump.

Comment

And even now i'm tempted to buy that ebay kit........

......... and I just don't know if they will fit. Suuuckks.

Comment

Nice setup,looks promising

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

You can definitely get everything you need from the dealer. I've rebuilt 1 4th gen and 1 5th gen prelude p/s pump with great success each time. Dealer and/or majestic always has what I need

Comment

Originally posted by MR.PHIL View Post
                      Nice setup,looks promising
                      Lol Mr.Phil, I don't think I've ever seen you in here. Thanks for stopping in, as always appreciate your power setup!

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                      You can definitely get everything you need from the dealer. I've rebuilt 1 4th gen and 1 5th gen prelude p/s pump with great success each time. Dealer and/or majestic always has what I need
                      So can you call them and buy a rebuild kit for specific pumps?

Comment

^I've yet to see a nice and convenient rebuild kit from honda. I will ahead of time jot down all the part #'s that I need for the pump I'm rebuilding and call in my order or order online. It would be a whole lot faster with a kit but honda doesn't always seem to keen on rebuild kits!

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                          ^I've yet to see a nice and convenient rebuild kit from honda. I will ahead of time jot down all the part #'s that I need for the pump I'm rebuilding and call in my order or order online. It would be a whole lot faster with a kit but honda doesn't always seem to keen on rebuild kits!
                          Ya, & I know the feeling of that Honda parts guy looking at you like your a cheap bastard who can't buy a PS pump :P haha

After watching Eric The Car Guy's rebuild video and seeing as I have two very small leaks now I'm starting to think of just buying a new pump. Hell, it will last another 10 years anyways.

Comment

17 year kid up the road use to drive this 02 civic with a loud fart can and black soot up the back bumper.

He (probably his parents) bought him a 2015 or 2016 civic si. Car looks great. But the first mod he does is add a 3" fart can to the car and it sticks out past the bumper a bit. Completely ruined the car.....

Surprisingly enough that PS pump is not leaking. Seems the seals kind of set in.
                            Anywho, here's some pics...

Anywho........Seen this in a parking lot the other day too. In amazing shape.

Last edited by Raf99; 12-03-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

my g/f always names my cars but i never did. seems the name of this girl is Sally. Soo got some time to give some love to sally. Items addressed...

Originally went under here to address the squeaky noises from the lower sway bar when braking or cornering at low speed, not sure this can be fixed though

- hit the exhaust the other day and scrapped off the exhaust wrap. unwound it, re-did, it's a bit shorter now.

- Wiring. Well i hope this works. Not sure anyone else has attempted such a thing. But reviewing the plan... Looking at the below photo....

-The grounding of the fuse box is not a ground bolt or wire, but more an actual black wire that comes from the fuse box wires and connects to a car ground. You could make the ground longer to connect where you please. My ground on this section of the harness is above the glove box.

- The black box is a giant relay box I believe, I'll put it up somewhere under the dash
                              - The red box are the fuse box wires that go out to the engine bay
                              - Yellow box is a component box technically screwed into the fuse box. You could take it out which is what I will have to do and tuck it away under the dash. One could also extend these wires.
                              - Green box. Where the power wire goes. With the fuse box in the trunk this wire will simply connect to the distribution block in the trunk. (The bolt beside it would be the alternator power feed. My amp wire with in-line fuse simply connects to the starter bolt. A proper splitter in the engine bay would look better but still the same power scenario / 2AWG to starter / 4AWG to ALT.

Finding somewhere to put these wires is going to be the biggest challenge!

For Testing.

The fuse box will be going in the trunk. I'm thinking the where the OEM jack goes would look great! Need to fab something up to hold it.
                              Last edited by Raf99; 12-03-2017, 12:08 PM.

Comment

super you are nearly done with that fuse box project. and everything still starts and runs fine.
                                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Working...
                                X