Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
    Oh man... that's not good. Go easy on it and get it checked out.
    Well it was a torn calf muscle. I could still wiggle my toes though so it wasn't a full tear. Ice it everyday, it's slowly starting to come around. Dying to start jogging again too.

Got the ECU back. Buddy did the capacitor replacement kit on it. Wow, am i glad I sent it to a pro. I can solder, but it's not my day job. This guy went through every joint and re-did them. Great job. here's an example of before vs. after pic on just on one spot ....

Can't wait to see how the car likes it
    Last edited by Raf99; 07-01-2017, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Dang man. I thought why I pulled my ridmght bicep was bad. That takes the cake. Glad it wasn't a full tear.

Nice progress on the cb
      NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
      DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
        Dang man. I thought why I pulled my ridmght bicep was bad. That takes the cake. Glad it wasn't a full tear.

Nice progress on the cb
        Ya, i've done the right bicept tendon too, right where it connects on the front side of the elbow. Did it doing chinups. Painful, takes many years to heal. The same pop sound but not as bad, but eventually couldn't lift a jug of milk.

Comment

Hope you're recovering well. The ECU work looks straight up OEM.
          1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Hope you're recovering well. The ECU work looks straight up OEM.
            Thanks man. Ya, i pulled the calf muscle again thinking it was healed. Went to physio and now we are taking it easy for 4 weeks. Wrap it daily, ice it, etc. Just got a new treadmill too, so can't wait. Thanks for stopping by!

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              Well it was a torn calf muscle. I could still wiggle my toes though so it wasn't a full tear. Ice it everyday, it's slowly starting to come around. Dying to start jogging again too.
              Cheers to a quick recovery

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              Got the ECU back. Buddy did the capacitor replacement kit on it. Wow, am i glad I sent it to a pro. I can solder, but it's not my day job. This guy went through every joint and re-did them. Great job. here's an example of before vs. after pic on just on one spot ....

Can't wait to see how the car likes it
              Picture on the left still has the OEM clear coating on it. That should be cleaned off prior to soldering work is performed. When left on during soldering, it can melt into the joint and create an incomplete connection.

In the after picture you can see that the clear coat has been completely removed from the board. Much easier to get a proper connection this way.

Hopefully it will work for you now.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                Picture on the left still has the OEM clear coating on it. That should be cleaned off prior to soldering work is performed. When left on during soldering, it can melt into the joint and create an incomplete connection.

In the after picture you can see that the clear coat has been completely removed from the board. Much easier to get a proper connection this way.
                Learn something new every day! Thanks for that tidbit of info Ghost

Comment

Went for a drive today

Cockpit view
                  Last edited by Raf99; 07-02-2017, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Looking real good! Dash lights are real clean!

Comment

Looking real good! Dash lights are real clean!
                      thanks. still need to fix that brake light in the dash by cutting some wire and splicing it to another type of thing... i should do that this weekend. I wasn't sure if it needed to be done to both sides, guess we'll find out.

Comment

Went for another long drive last night. Nice to have the car back to normal. I'm...... 90% happy with it so far. I think one more 3rd long run and I'll be satisfied she's back to normal. This means keeping the fuse box in the front of the car until I sort that out. Going to put the audio back together tonight and get that working again too. The car turns heads, everywhere I go it's a story. At gas stations people ask. Some take a detour to drive by it. It's nice to see that it's inspiring some. I wish i could tint the front windows sometimes haha.

Don't think I'll turn this on much. Save it for the tailgaters.

Comment

That rear fog though, that's bright!
                          I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Ya, it doesn't look like that in person though. I think the phone went into some 'vivid' lights mode.

Anyways.... ordered the shim to finish putting that transmission back together. And put the car back together today.

- Made a proper power wire of length to feed the fuse box
                            - Secured the ECU down
                            - Secured fuse box under dash
                            - Removed fuse box extension cable and power feed
                            - Installed front speaker pods

I'll test the audio tomorrow and go for a cruise.

Comment

Went for a drive again tonight. Fun car. Scary car, but fun car. Anyways, view of what it looks like when I'm signaling. I may change the intersection light bulb back to white.

Comment

I was thinking of Sally the other night while on my mountain drive with Lola. I'm glad that you got her all straightened out. She deserves to be out of the garage, and roaming the streets.
                                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Working...
                                X