• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking really good!
    1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Looks sweet.

I love that the body lines on these cars are just as relevant today as they were 27 years ago.

Nice work keeping it clean!
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

thanks guys, and always appreciate ya stopping by!

Comment

Sally got a resonator and wheels balanced today. She is also purring like a kitten I can't believe I actually get to enjoy this car like I am right now. Even in 30C weather she has no problems right now. It's quite nice.
          Oh, kind of raced a BMW3 today. Buddy was behind me pulling on to the highway, he couldn't keep up. And then after I let him pass me on the highway I followed him as he floored it in 5th. He tried to pull away but it wasn't happening. I like Sally. I wish I had more places to take her.

Comment

Oh, and took this pic. this pic makes me think of things I should get for the car. ie - Carbon fiber hood

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              Sally got a resonator and wheels balanced today. She is also purring like a kitten I can't believe I actually get to enjoy this car like I am right now. Even in 30C weather she has no problems right now. It's quite nice.
              Oh, kind of raced a BMW3 today. Buddy was behind me pulling on to the highway, he couldn't keep up. And then after I let him pass me on the highway I followed him as he floored it in 5th. He tried to pull away but it wasn't happening. I like Sally. I wish I had more places to take her.

Did that resonator help? I'd love to hear an exaust clip sometime!
              Looks nice and clean under there.

How much power are you putting down right now?

I think a carbon fiber hood would look sweet! I want one, I just need to justify buying it, when I need multiple other things on the car first...
              I'm faster then a prius

Comment

My your red kia looks amazing! Just kidding the car looks sweet. At first I was going to ask why you had two wires/antennas and then I realized it is the utility pole behind haha.

Carbon fiber would look really nice with the setup you have now. Can you find one for a decent price or will you have to have it shipped to you?

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                  Did that resonator help? I'd love to hear an exaust clip sometime!
                  Looks nice and clean under there.

How much power are you putting down right now?

I think a carbon fiber hood would look sweet! I want one, I just need to justify buying it, when I need multiple other things on the car first...
                  Ya, it helped a little. Which is better than nothing. Now if I'm cruising a back road doing 80kph in 4th it's quieter. Any help was better than what I had. Ahh use to be 410whp, but i'm guessing we may be 400whp now with the clutch wearing out. For the first time it won't break loose in 2nd gear sometimes. Combination of letting some psi out of the front tires and the clutch wearing out. Still pulls like a mofo of course. Even tonight I went for a 2 hours drive. Ran like a champ, was nice.

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                  My your red kia looks amazing! Just kidding the car looks sweet. At first I was going to ask why you had two wires/antennas and then I realized it is the utility pole behind haha.

Carbon fiber would look really nice with the setup you have now. Can you find one for a decent price or will you have to have it shipped to you?
                  Ahh I'd have to have one shipped. I'd have to make sure I was home on the day it arrived, or have it shipped to a business to have installed. Still looking at a good $1500CDN ($1200USD). What baffles me is in the 10 years I've had this car one would think the prices would come down as the cars got older. Nope.. .

Comment

1200!?!? Holy moley! I thought maybe a few hundred but wow.

Do you have classic/antique/vintage tags or is this your daily/only car? Just read up and you own an acura lol sorry.

Each state has different names for their tags
                    My state has all three. Vintage is 1906-1976. Antique is 25 years or older. Classic is 15 years or older.
                    Last edited by dhill_cb7; 07-22-2017, 08:50 PM.

Comment

$1200?! Holy crap! It's $600 in the US here to buy one online, shipped to my house. Can someone drive it through the border for yah?
                      I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                        $1200?! Holy crap! It's $600 in the US here to buy one online, shipped to my house. Can someone drive it through the border for yah?
                        Maybe he could drive down to the states to get one? How far is Nova Scotia Canada? I believe that is what NS means?

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                          Maybe he could drive down to the states to get one? How far is Nova Scotia Canada? I believe that is what NS means?
                          haha, still have to deal with the currency exchange.

Dam, also found out the car will need a twin disc clutch. Looking at around $1500CDN for that. Dam!

Comment

Went for another drive, had a clunking under the car which turned out to be the oil catch can release valve came out from where I crammed it and drug down the road for a while. No harm done. Zip tied it up and it's good to go.

Also at idle sometimes there is a rattle in the back. The classic heat shield rattle. Narrowed that down to gas tank strap. Tightened the bolts, although they were already pretty tight.

Also was working on that transmission during some days off I had. I got it back together but I'm having troubles shifting it into 5th and reverse. All gears are too stiff to shift, need to figure out why.

Besides that, the car runs amazing. Really is a pleasure to drive. I wish more could experience this car.

Comment

That clutch though. Ouch.
                              I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Maybe a bent shift fork or pinched cables?

Why a twin disc clutch? There are numerous single disc clutches that can handle the power. Back when I had my WRX I met a handful of people with 400+ HP WRX's, STi's and EVO's and none of them had twin disc clutches. As a matter of fact, people with high HP WRX's were advised against twin discs because of the added shock load transferred to the transmission. The WRX's 5 speed manual transmission was always called a "glass box" for it's HP/TQ limitation. I only had mine as high as 303 AWHP/330 AWTQ on my '07 and that was on an Exedy Stage 2 and stock flywheel. No issues with transferring power to the ground.

It is true that a twin plate rated for the same torque as a single plate will be easier to modulate, as it will require a lower rated diaphragm spring than the single, but for the price I don't think your left leg will complain.
                                1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Working...
                                X