Clear All

Are yours 18" in your sig?

Comment

No, those are my 17's.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
        18' wheels are the way to go.
        Have fun fitting 18' wheels in any car...lol

" vs ' ...... sorry I'm a tradesman, I read blueprints on a daily basis.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
          Have fun fitting 18' wheels in any car...lol

" vs ' ...... sorry I'm a tradesman, I read blueprints on a daily basis.
          Ya.. my experience always reminds me there are issues with 18" on our cars. One issue leads to another too.

Anywho, updates on the car. I will definitely say that the clutch is starting to go. While I use to be able to spin 3rd, I now cannot. Still grabs, but.... you can tell all the power is not being put down. Started to save for a twin disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            One of the beginner turbo things you learn is to tighten your coupler clamps as tight as shit!
            Beginner turbo tips with Raf99
            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Also, try not to use those cheap Homedepot/hardware store worm gear (screw) type plumbing clamps for your hose coupling clamps. Lesson we learned a few years back at the track. The T-type hose clamps are a much better fastener for maintaining force on the silicon hoses.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I had no issues fitting 18's even before I put flares on the car. I couldn't run as large a tire as I wanted and I wasn't extremely low, but I didn't run into any issues.

Comment

Ya.. my experience always reminds me there are issues with 18" on our cars. One issue leads to another too.
                  Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                  I had no issues fitting 18's even before I put flares on the car. I couldn't run as large a tire as I wanted and I wasn't extremely low, but I didn't run into any issues.
                  I've put 18's on my buddies CB without any fitment issues. I think my post wasn't read the way I meant it to be.

You originally posted 18'
                  ' = feet
                  " = inches

I was saying that it would be hard to fit an 18foot wheel on any car. Sorry for the confusion!
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

lol...

Well dam. I am doing the CD5 side skirt mod (really making them fit better using the cb7 tabs), and I was thinking of using double sided tape. In my mind i think "ya, that worked out ok for my rear window visor........" (turns and looks at car.....)

lol. I laughed for a while. a long time actually. haha. Apparently Sally does not want a rear window visor. It's 10pm Sunday now, that drive was Friday night haha. I'll go see if I can find it after work tomorrow.

Comment

Ah, yep definitely misread that. Lol.

Comment

lol...

Well dam. I am doing the CD5 side skirt mod (really making them fit better using the cb7 tabs), and I was thinking of using double sided tape. In my mind i think "ya, that worked out ok for my rear window visor........" (turns and looks at car.....)

lol. I laughed for a while. a long time actually. haha. Apparently Sally does not want a rear window visor. It's 10pm Sunday now, that drive was Friday night haha. I'll go see if I can find it after work tomorrow.

That's hilarious!!
                        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Your thread has almost a quarter of a million views!!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

A quarter of a million, scary! Guess I have a new goal, which is to beat the king of kings Mr.Phil. But dam, boost lee is up there too. Cool!

Rear Window Visor Update:
                            Went looking for it today and I could not find it. Didn't see anything smashed in to little pieces either, so I think someone got a free visor. And I'm a little sad over this. I did love the look of it. BUT..... dam thing would not stay on the car. It really needs clips or something. That was 3M double sided tape too. So I'll get another.

Oh... this is happening too. Special thanks goes out to Apalileo for giving me the inspiration to finish off this DIY the proper way !

CD5 side skirts with CB7 tabs.

Comment

Nice little retrofit there!

On the subject of visors, I really think you might want to look into the Sarona rear wing.

Comment

Looking good on the side skirt work! What are you using to join the CB7 "clip strip" to the CD5 skirt? I see the clamps, so I'm guessing some sort of epoxy?
                                1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Working...
                                X