No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alllllllll right I guess I can start this back up. I was taking a break for numerous reasons. Good to not throw too much at the car as well. I already have to keep in mind of the negative battery cable and other electrical items.

But....... this. Ohhh this. I've spent hundreds on labor and parts. This is simply not possible! Well, not with out moving the radiator or some major fab work. I've got all the ends in the world but.... you'll see....

- The original issue was finding a -16AN hose that would work between the rad and engine block.

- I thought two 45deg ends would work but the offset is too much for the stiff braided line

If I attempted to use two 45deg ends + an extender. No go. The angle difference + offset is too much for the braided line to bend.

We could do this....... naaaa. This is as much of a bend you'll get out of the hose. So a 90deg. on each end will not work either.

It's almost like I need a 22.5deg -16AN fitting. But they don't exist.

The problem in the end is that the distance is so short that the hose becomes very rigid. Not only does it allow zero movement (not that my engine moves anyways), but it will transfer the load/vibrations from the engine to the rad connection and the upper rad body portion. There's no room to make a U-shape hose going down behind the rad with two 90deg fittings.

The real answer here is to have the rad moved, requires re-welding rad supports and re-creating air block off areas.
    or
    Have the rad neck piece moved on the rad.

For now........ I'm going to cheat. And already ordered what I need.

Comment

Move the inlet of the radiator as far to the right (left in the pictures) as possible to create room for a longer hose section. Shouldn't require any changes to the mounting or block off plates.

Or use a rubber hose.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
        Move the inlet of the radiator as far to the right (left in the pictures) as possible to create room for a longer hose section. Shouldn't require any changes to the mounting or block off plates.

Or use a rubber hose.
        I may..... try a 90deg off the radiator and 45deg off the engine. See if I can loop the hose down into that empty space on the left. May........ not sure yet.

Comment

Yep. Bit the bullet and bought a 90deg. Go big or go home. And it's the LAST thing I wanted to do to the engine bay too. Now just have to wait 3 weeks for the part = fail.

On to something else then...

Comment

Damn that’s not fun. Hurry up and wait. It’s typical. So did you finish the tail lights?
            5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
              Damn that’s not fun. Hurry up and wait. It’s typical. So did you finish the tail lights?
              No, but did get them all apart finally. I f'n hate taking headlights and taillights apart! I'd rather rip a transmission out than do this. But trying to get the paint off them now and not having much luck..... any ideas? Everything i have is just taking too long. That last pic was 45min of scrubbing after it soaked in paint thinner.

(yes that's chrome window trim in the background. I hear that's a fun job too )

Comment

I honestly didn’t have any issues with my chrome trim. I didn’t break any clips and the screws didn’t strip. Was pretty straight forward.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Get one of those lil scrubbing brushes that attaches to a dremel. Go at it, and make sure you keep the lense kinda submerged when your scrubbing it with the brush. If it gets dry it can slightly burn the lense.

~Mark~

Comment

Did you use VHT Niteshades Red? If so, I used denatured alcohol recently to strip it off. Follow it up with a 1500 grit and the clear is restored.
                    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                      I honestly didn’t have any issues with my chrome trim. I didn’t break any clips and the screws didn’t strip. Was pretty straight forward.
                      Hmmm ok. Should be no issues then. It's my first time

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                      Get one of those lil scrubbing brushes that attaches to a dremel. Go at it, and make sure you keep the lense kinda submerged when your scrubbing it with the brush. If it gets dry it can slightly burn the lense.
                      Like the rubber ones. hmmmm .... mmmm hmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                      Did you use VHT Niteshades Red? If so, I used denatured alcohol recently to strip it off. Follow it up with a 1500 grit and the clear is restored.
                      I will see if I can find that, & ahhh 1500 grit.. maybe.

Ok back to project radiator hose. Try #52030. I got this...

Das parts

No way this is going to work... maybe with another 90deg. But I wouldn't dig the angle / look.

This is more like it, but I'm not sure if this is allowed

So my question to ya'll who made it this far. Is this low hanging loop allowed off the top rad hose?

Comment

Why not just cut the tabs your radiator is hung on, slide them over for a straight shot, weld those bitches back on, prep/paint and be happy?
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                          Why not just cut the tabs your radiator is hung on, slide them over for a straight shot, weld those bitches back on, prep/paint and be happy?
                          Well mainly because I can only move it over 2" until it hits the BOV. But would also require....

- re-weld lower radiator brackets (grind off old, grind, weld, paint)
                          - re-do old 16AN lower braided radiator hose and move it's location (requires buying all new longer hose)
                          - re-do top radiator mount. Drill new holes, fill in old holes, repaint that whole piece
                          - find a way to fill in air gaps on each side of radiator (remove bumper, remake this unit, etc etc

And any other little issues I may run into. It would be easier to simply cheat with fake braided hose over the rubber line

Comment

fair enough

Custom thermostat housing then?
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Naaa.. I'm going to stick to this. I don't really see any issues with this. I am happy with this and if this works it is the last thing I've wanted to do to the engine bay!

---

Comment

As long as it works John. Looks good to me.

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                                X