Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    Basically takes the "spring" of the shifter back to OEM. If you bend the springs in your hands it's very noticeable, but slightly less noticeable when handling the shifter. But definitely a difference!

And.. not that the shifter didn't spring back to Neutral in the past, so this is more of a $100 mod that is not really needed.
    I second this. I installed them as well and noticed a difference. If anything your replacing 25 year old tired springs.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      Something to consider with those 'photoshopped' images of the rad hose is that the fittings you pasted over the image aren't to scale. Enlarge them a bit to try to more accurately match the fittings you have installed and it looks like it'll bring the hose ends closer together, further limiting your available space and tightening the bend in the hose - is the hose that flexible?
      This is as flexible as she'll go, for a -16AN hose. I'm starting to think even with having the upper rad hose connector straight on with the block connector the vertical / height difference between the radiator and block is too much for the hose to bend. Oh. Ordered a IACV off ebay and also some braided hose couplers / joiners).

Comment

I've always toyed around with the idea of getting those shifter springs but I never knew anyone that actually had them. Hearing your results I may pick up a set for myself.

I'm curious, with your upper radiator hose, why are you not choosing the short straight shot from the neck to the radiator? Too close to the downpipe?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
          I've always toyed around with the idea of getting those shifter springs but I never knew anyone that actually had them. Hearing your results I may pick up a set for myself.

I'm curious, with your upper radiator hose, why are you not choosing the short straight shot from the neck to the radiator? Too close to the downpipe?
          I have tried several ways now. Also straight on the fit was so tight it may as well been an engine mount. But put such force on the rad and rad mounts too.

Comment

Ah, I see the issue now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
              Ah, I see the issue now.
              Ya, once you get some -16AN hoses in your hand you'll see how much it doesn't bend. And now that I have the experience I don't think our cb7s could ever do a straight on upper rad braided hose. Only way it would work is if it was dead straight on. No height difference or side to side, which will never happen.

Comment

Some fail pics....

Loop-do-loop-dee-no

Two 45deg with small hose that does not move. & height difference. Neh..

Ahhhhh no. lol

Would work if you sucked the air out.., maybe..? It failed

I'm thinking a 30deg. piece on one end maybe...... but hose will still be in this location. Need to find an extra lower rad hose bracket (that goes on the starter) piece.

Oh, and I bought this for Sally. I'm hoping it fixes the constant battle with a ill-tempered IACV. It looks pretttty clean...

Comment

Before

After

Comment

Ok.... well. I may have something here... (try #10,422)

Comment

Nice little touch on the hose holders. Where did you get them from?
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                        Nice little touch on the hose holders. Where did you get them from?
                        ebay....

Comment

Is that another stock water neck trimmed down further? Fingers crossed for you, haha.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

This latest solution might have this issue solved.
                            http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

The straight water neck is one that I mailed to Raf to help him try and get his problem solved. It's from an F23A1, some of them are plastic and some are the aluminum.
                              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                                The straight water neck is one that I mailed to Raf to help him try and get his problem solved. It's from an F23A1, some of them are plastic and some are the aluminum.

Ahh yes, the man! Folks this wouldn't be possible with out Rilas, this guy went out of his way and let me know about this fitting, got one for me!, and mailed it to me (free of charge I think too). I'll skip pics of hours of trial and error & how hard it was to line everything up,.........

this final image is devoted to you man

Comment

Working...
                                X