No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also isn’t the AEM Pulley slightly larger so its output is better with less work? Since you said it feels like the system is straining? I do like Will’s idea of repositioning in near the brake reservoir. You can tuck it below the clutch fluid reservoir behind the strut box.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
      I am curious to see what the outcome is. I never considered how much fluid would be added when the reservoir changes locations from stock.
      think about an exaggeration. Let's add 20' of hose and fluid. I would think eventually the little pump can only push so much (including the steering).

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
      Raf, can't you move the reservoir over by the brake and clutch fluid reservoir's over in the corner. I feel like this would cut feet off of your lines, also swapping to a 5th gen power steering speed pump with doesn't have the power steering fluid running through it. This would cut out another couple of feet. All of this would result in a cleaner engine bay as well. Not nearly as much hose running around.
      I could but you still need to run the return line to the PS pump. So one way or another, there's a long-ish line running somewhere. Last time I tried there was no room up there for the mishimoto PS reservoir.

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
      Also isn’t the AEM Pulley slightly larger so its output is better with less work? Since you said it feels like the system is straining? I do like Will’s idea of repositioning in near the brake reservoir. You can tuck it below the clutch fluid reservoir behind the strut box.
      Hmmm, thinks of a bicycle. Looking at the crank pulley size vs. the PS pulley size, they are close to the same. Choosing a larger PS pump pulley would make the fluid pump slower. We also have to take all rpm ranges into consideration.

Comment

Cut out all the lines / work done. It's about 10' of line + a good 6' of more line. Crushed the cooler when putting the engine back in long ago. I may still use it.. we'll see. Glad i ripped all this out...\\ You can see the odd angle of the reservoir connectors is what makes this tricky.

Comment

Yep. Very weird fitment, but going to see if I can make this work. The other bonus of this is you can see all the lines. Before the lines sneaked under and over and through stuff and having any leaks was a PITA. Also need to keep it away from exhaust bits...

This fitment won't do as the connectors point in the wrong direction.

We will have to do something like this:

Yep. See if I can get this to work.

I really will say the Mishimoto PS reservoir is not the best. The hose that fits on it doesn't fit well on the other end (has to be a PS hose) and forces you to use adapters. And the outlets point at an angle that forces you to use open area space.

Comment

Alrighty..... so the battle continues. Much happier with this setup. Lost 10-15' of hose + the cooler. I do need the cooler too, I've seen the PS reservoir so hot you can't touch it. But had to do some trimming, cutting, making things fit.

- Two hoses that originally came out from the rack still do and run along the engine
            - Then runs under the turbo cooler and above the charge pipe. Tried to leave room here as the engine may move a little
            - Even got to use the OEM return hose to the PS pump

Can't wait to try this. I wonder if I can move the steering wheel with two fingers again...

Comment

Any reason you didn’t want to put the reservoir near the stock location? I know your charge pipe runs through that hole but mounting in on the strut box and then having the ps cooler mounted behind the charge pipe in the bumper. I would think it would be about the same length of hose maybe a little less and it keeps it away from the heat of the turbo.

I know my hot side can get pretty hot and with the metal reservoir sitting close to that, plus the line running just above it, I imagine would transfer some heat.

I’m not sure how much room you have between the bumper, core support and the frame. But that ps cooler does not seem like it would take up a lot of room.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Shouldn't be too hot over on that side of the turbo and all of this is to keep the bay looking clean. If I could I'd install an electric pump and reservoir but that will come another day.

Comment

I've read somewhere that excessive heat is the #1 killer of transmissions. I'm of the opinion that the CB7 ps pumps are well made, however, is it known how others' pumps have held up to the extra heat when running at the stock mounting point when a turbo has been added? There are no clutch packs to die in a ps pump, however I'm wondering how well the pumps can endure the extra heat without their tolerances going out of spec.
                  My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
                  Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
                  Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Gets just as hot as the other fluids I guess. All I know is OEM had a cooler and I try to stick to OEM as much as possible. But... bye bye cooler for now; need a new one anyways..

Just have to fill and test.

--

Comment

So good news...

SSMAccord, yes. WAY easier to to turn the steering wheel now. Also the PS unit is quieter and affects the idle of the car and engine rpm less. Which makes sense.

I've been testing the battery drain on the car lately... example:

last night at 7pm = 12.6V (tested at the battery)
                      tonight at 7pm = 12.3V (tested at the battery)

But I have a remote door unlock thing in the car, which does work and probably is taking the 0.3V. .....

Just had these instances (tuner did too) where after 2 days battery is beyond dead. Starting to think it's me not closing the trunk all the way and remembering it has a small light...

Funny how at 12.3V the battery charger thinks the battery is 25% charged....
                      Last edited by Raf99; 03-21-2020, 08:05 PM.

Comment

I also took the drivers side fender off to fix the hood latch issues. It was really tight because I had it zip tied too many times under the fender. All put back together now. Wishing I could buy a carbon fiber hood for this girl. This OEM hood is garbage. It's got dents, rust, and is so heavy...

Comment

PM'd about PS cooler. About battery drain - I had the trunk light staying on in one of mine. Also, I suspect you'd have noticed this (particularly if parking it inside). One project car had a dead battery because the plug for the brake light switch came out and the brake lights would have been on all the time.
                          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

been nice to follow along with this awesome turbo build. thanks for sharing your progress, and keep up the beautiful work!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                              been nice to follow along with this awesome turbo build. thanks for sharing your progress, and keep up the beautiful work!
                              thanks man. appreciate ya stopping by!

Comment

Alright, for this next mod I need to thank NH-503P-3. He sold me the wiper arm and controller box pre-wired. Huge thanks.

Of course this is the wiper delay mod. Which I regret not doing when I had the dash out.

This is the plug you need to get to..... and the box you replace with another that's connected to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X