Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    and no issues? the reservoir gets hot eh?
    Zero issues, and honestly I have never noticed the reservoir getting hot....next time im out for a drive ill check it
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

Good to know. Thanks.

Well folks, that concludes the last door switch. Easier the more you do it. Great mod as it's a subtle mod, which looks great on our older cars. I think the only thing I'd change is to route the blue light to the other side of the switch so the view from the passenger looks better. meh. no-one sits back there haha

Note to self - need to redo fabric on doors :\

Comment

Decided to tackle this bumper issue next. This is happening from a long time ago when i got hit by a cop haha. I think the bumper is formed like this now or needs some help... we'll see.

M2A4 on the left, and T2T4 on the right. The M2A4 is what was on the H22 and the T2T4 was bought from someone. Going to rip into the T2T4 and see what's inside

But it is.... in rough shape.

Also been working on this thing lately. I feel like I outgrew it and don't know much about bikes but sure have been using them my whole life. Today it got new tires and tweaked the brakes. Last spring I had a shop do the chain, sprockets, crank & bearings, and other items. I'm not easy on the bike haha. Wish I could afford a $1000+ bike but naaa...

Comment

I think your bumper issue is that the impact with the cop detached the bumper cover from the plastic clip/bracket that is located in that spot. You should be able to reseat it and have it fit normally.
          http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
            I think your bumper issue is that the impact with the cop detached the bumper cover from the plastic clip/bracket that is located in that spot. You should be able to reseat it and have it fit normally.
            ya, i know there's a clip in there, but not sure how it's connected yet..., or what's broken.

Comment

Yeep, so there is a clip. But the bend I have in the bumper is after this clip towards the wheel.

I think this clip is no more....

I do think the bumper supports on the bumper are bent in 1/8" from the small impact. So I'm going to try and add washers to the bumper and see if stretching it out a bit and also see if I can order these clips...

Comment

Yep, so an obvious bend in the plastic bumper on the drivers side, as that's where bud hit long ago. This is the best I can get it without adding more clips and drilling holes. But there's no way to secure it in this location, sooooo I'm thinking...

Comment

Raf this is a simple fix! Get out your heat gun and get it warm and work on getting the bend out it. I've been doing this a lot lately. Mainly on my son's toys but it should work the same. The heat will soften it and you can get it back to it's original shape.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Yep. & that's what i did. Took your advice and took the heat gun to it. Now what I should of done was take the whole bumper off, setup a jig, and heat it slowly bla bla. But this session was just to see if we could massage it a bit and to inspect what was wrong & some idiot didn't put quick disconnects on the rear EDM fog light.

- replaced both "rivets" on each side that held the white side clips in
                    - only the drivers side had the bulge
                    - put washers on the rear to push bumper back 1/8" (stretches the sides)
                    - used heat and massaged it a bit
                    - used more heat

Done from the outside too and yes, the plastic will pretty much melt if you are not careful. The paint will not melt. Best I can do until the whole bumper comes off. Oh, and I need new plastic clips on the side, but I think that's impossible. I'm happy with the look now as it matches the rest of the part that sticks out :P

Comment

The side clip is still available from Honda. Item #24, 71598-SL4-013. I don't think they have a screw in the top normally, just a couple protrusions on the top to catch the edge of the bumper. $2.69 at Majestic.

Edit: I checked my stock, I have several of those. Only one has the protrusions (looks like an old one, maybe an original from my 90); the others, including one brand new one I must have purchased along the way, are flat across the top like the one you have. I checked them against a 92-93 bumper I have; there is no edge on on the bumper to catch the protrusions - there might be on the 90-91 bumper (I'll have to look on Ruby later today).

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 04-19-2020, 09:51 AM.
                      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

thank man! Mine did have a bump on the top and bottom to catch the fender hole / hold the bumper. I'll look into this.

Comment

ya, did find this random pic. seems they used different clips....

Comment

Decided to take a peek at the T2T4 that I got from buddy. I was questionable if it was abused or how many km are on it. I have no history on this unit other than it sat in buddies back yard for months, possibly years

T2T4 #2:

She's dirty...

Every bolt needed a hammer to be loosened. Feels like it's never been un-opened....

I was surprised to see that it looks amazing in here. Looks un-opened...

Signs of it sitting a long time...

Stay tuned as we'll be opening her up tomorrow to check for damage, mainly synchro damage.

Comment

Here is a picture of the bumper clip/spacer with nubs on top:

20200419_092431 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
                              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X