Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, got one on the way

And while we wait, let's start on the trans bearing. So we are installing the Synchrotech T2T4 bearing kit. I thought it would be a quick rip apart but found some issues....

So far so good...

Good news still...

No shavings! Sweeet!

So no issues so far, but... now to find out what bearings are making noises. Nothing was really standing out until I got to the diff...

The play in the bearing can be seen here on the bottom part of the case.

Vid of the play in the bearing. Unfortunately the differential bearings did not come with the kit, so I ordered those. Besides this the trans looks fine.

Comment

The syncrotech carbon fiber synchros turned out well, work great so far. They've had two summers of use.

And great news on the magnet too!

Can't say I've found a home for this part yet. It's not bushing where the shifter assembly is on top of the trans. That "accordion" style one came in the kit too

Comment

Very cool, I am running the same trans and I'm glad to hear the synchros are holding up well, it is on my list of future upgrades.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Uggg. My stupid F'N neighbors called the city and now we are getting speed bumps on my street. Nothing to do with me, I've always done 20kph down the road, I know they all have kids. But UGGgggg! No! "Traffic calming" they call it, and every god dam street in my city is getting them. I'm trying to argue to just put a stop sign. I have a feeling I'm going to lose this battle as they let their kids run on the street and claim cars go to fast at the same time.

Comment

There were some neighborhoods around here that put them in, then wound up with people speeding between them to make up the time it took to go over them. They eventually removed them.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetw00d View Post
              There were some neighborhoods around here that put them in, then wound up with people speeding between them to make up the time it took to go over them. They eventually removed them.
              Ya, got confirmation today that they are installing 3 on my road. The city is going ape shit with these "road calming measures" and just putting speed bumps / tables everywhere. I super pissed as no one advised other neighbours, all it takes is for one person to complain and boom!
              1. The road gets evaludated
              2. They put as many "calming measures" as they want
              3. No regard for lowered cars, trucks with low tow hooks, emergency vehicles, or even just ask if other measures should be considered

I 100% get it and I am not against slowing down motorists. But to not consider others in the community is pretty BS. I'll be sure to slow down and speed to 50kph between each bump. And almost come to a stop on them + lay black marks. In the end I'll end up moving if this does not work with Sally. Fuck.

Comment

Synchrotech H22 bearing and seal kit install. Get's easier each time doing these transmissions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFgKDc0zDUQ

Comment

Loving this Dura-Block too! Really makes a difference with showing the bumps and valleys on guide coats. (black was the guide coat).

Comment

Be sure to sand in a crosshatch pattern to get a flat surface. Looks like good work so far.
                    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                      Be sure to sand in a crosshatch pattern to get a flat surface. Looks like good work so far.
                      Yep, i have been. Really really see the advantage of these now. Big improvements vs. using some old wooden block. I bought a roll of 400grit with the adhesive on the back. But very hard to know when to stop with this spoiler. The black was the guide coat here.... but I think I'm going to stop with this maybe as I've been at it for days trying to perfect it.

Ya , digging the outcome on this

Comment

Just have to sand the clear and polish these. I painted them by hanging them in the car tent. Turns out the car tent is a great place to paint.
                        & still waiting on a head gasket. Lesson learned, next time order straight from the manufacture.

--

Comment

The paint on the body parts and the transmission case look great!! You time spent on the spoiler shows in the final appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                            The paint on the body parts and the transmission case look great!! You time spent on the spoiler shows in the final appearance.
                            Thank ya. More pics after the buff and wax. Did they turn out great, yep. Could they have been better, I think so. I can't image the amount of detail real pro shops go into. I still have pin holes and such...

Old....

New...

--

--

--

Comment

These look like a definite improvement!!! I think your hard work turned out pretty good. Can't wait to see them installed.

Comment

Baaaa finally arrived!

Comment

Working...
                                X