Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAF,
    this is all lookin great! Push button is nice, only thing that is kind of annoying, is in order to turn on ACC, or start car you have to push in the brake. Again not a big deal, just different. Praying you have no leaks and the oil issue is resolved.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Thanks man, always appreciate ya stopping by of course! Only thing stopping this car from being put together is the fender washers/bolts I seem to have lost.

Comment

Well... I have to admit I'm a little stumped on this one.

Issue: Passenger side high beam does not work.

What i determined so far:
        - Getting 3.3V at all times, although drivers side gets 12V (3.3V = DRL)
        - It's not my 10+ year old crimp job / re-did it.
        - It's not the bulb in the headlight, tested with 12V source
        - Getting 12V at the fuse box, for both high beams. (on both sides of the fuse)

All this work got me 0.7V haha...

I did this when connection probably 15 years ago.

Even though it tested fine, I'm not going to leave it like that. Solder time.

DOH! lol

Comment

Sooo........ still digging into this and not looking good. I cut back to the original OEM wire as much as I could and still not getting proper voltage. Soooo back to the basics of a continuity test.

Ya'll know how this works. Ohm test a wire and the resistance is X value. With no connection we get a OL on the meter.

Not touching

Longer wire test

My high beam wire...

For comparison, the low beam plug wire

Looking into the electrical diagram for couple days and from what i can tell it's not a ground wire or IC, DRL etc. All of those components share it with the other headlight. No other reason but a cut wire somewhere and the resistance is not in spec.... so time to start digging. Ug... Please don't make me pull the dash.

Comment

Well...... I hope I'm wrong on all of this, but so far Sally is simply disappointing me. The simply fix of a passenger side headlight not working has turned into a fuse box issue...... i think.
            I was trying to figure out why I was not getting full 12V to that wire. So I figured it was cut along the way.... but digging and digging, I wasn't even getting the 12V at the fuse box!

All looks fine with the wire...

So technically we should be able to measure resistance through the fuse box. I know some power leads connect to others but we should still be able to do this. Everything I know and read in the manual tells me that fuse #37 connects to pin#1 for the RED-BLU wire.

Nothing.....

Testing on the drivers side high beam fuse / wire location

Grrr Sally. WTF/. Gone to fine my spare fuse box.........

Comment

Having spent forever chasing electrical gremlins like that, I'd just add an aftermarket headlight subharness, triggered by the side that you know is working.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Ya... i don't know what's going on here yet. Tried another fuse box and does the same. .......

Comment

Ok. This was solved. It was the DRL module. You can read about the post I created here asking for help.
                  https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...am-not-working

Comment

OK. Finally some great news. Sally is running, and running fine! There's still a bit of timing belt whine when you are driving down the road at 2K rpm but maybe it's speaker whine.... I dunno. We'll run it and see how it goes, not worried about it.

This morning I spent 5+ hours putting Sally back together. Bought some of that OEM tape, bye bye sticky horrible electrical tape. Ug @ that stuff.

Winter's battle remains...

New G-Square grill installed

Took it for a drive and runs fine. Transmission runs fine. No leaks anywhere. Kind of funny the amount of work and effort I put into the car this winter and it looks identical. Not sure if this solved the original original issue but we'll see. So far so good. The list was:

- Supertech valve step seals install
                    - Synchrotech H22 bearing set install
                    - Power Steering cooler install
                    - Many other miscellaneous parts and pieces

Now time for a little break. Can't drive her legally on the road because she has no insurance ATM.

Comment

Does my computer just suck, or is anyone else not seeing Raf's photos lately? This is the only thread I seem to have the problem in

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                        Does my computer just suck, or is anyone else not seeing Raf's photos lately? This is the only thread I seem to have the problem in
                        I thought it was only my jacked-up computer. Sounds like hes working on some good stuff but the pictures never load for me either - neither in this thread, nor opening them directly. I can't seem to reach his image server at clevercomputersolutions.ca ... the connection is dying at Bell Aliant internet provider. I have a feeling raf is hosting this pictures from his home and that isn't the easiest to keep working

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I just tried to edit a post with pics, as they sometimes show that way (or a path to them is visible, at least). No luck.

raf, how are you adding pics? I’m still trying to figure out the image handling on here. Got some of it worked out, but this might be another thing to try to fix!

your video works for me, though.

Comment

Yep, In the words of some extra on Django unchained; " I can't see shit!"
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                              Yep, In the words of some extra on Django unchained; " I can't see shit!"
                              Seconded! I thought my internet was just trolling me.
                              http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

lol, good movie.

Thanks folks. Images are pulled from my local server and I uncheck the box to not upload to this server in the image upload box/setting. I implemented a new Cisco RV small business series router to the network and while proper configs / setups were in place I didn't do enough homework to realize these things are POS and no matter what config / setup / firmware you have port forwarding was not happening especially on commonly needed ports...... ug.......

Glad to see ya'll still around. .......

Comment

Working...
                                X