No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going through these timing belt "learning" reminds me of when I was young and over tightened bolts all the time. So I will admit I did re-do the timing belt again because after driving it down the road again I wasn't happy with the timing belt sound & I could smell some burning rubber. Sooo I ripped into this again, got some advice of some folks, and pretty sure I got it this time. Enjoy !

Comment

Sally has returned to form!
      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Let us continue on.... unfortunately Grumpy bet me to this DIY :P

Jordan Distributors Inc. push buttons start. I actually love it! Very happy with this mod and sick of the worn key / ignition anyways. I literally could take key out while driving

Need to get access to the bolts holding the ignition on to the column. Thanks SSM for the prior pics, let's go for the prize...

Had to get creative...

Keep going...

wow... I could literally turn these by hand almost.

Comes out. Can see where last alarm install tapped into this.

Results!

Last edited by Raf99; 06-27-2021, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Ah, so the kit's actually tailored to the CB for easy install? That sticker on the box...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Hmm so ya. The button is made to fit multiple vehicles maybe (probably fits all hondas that have a key hole of "X" size). But the main power wire that goes from the drivers side kick panel fuse box to the box is custom made for the cb7 as it's the proper plug.
            The only other two wires to connect are ground and the brake pedal switch. So the "electrical headache" one would associate with this install is super easy. I like the RFID idea too. If someone broke in to the car they can't start it without the RFID. Even if they had it, they need to tap where I put the transponder (hidden). Only then does it come to life, otherwise it acts like the battery is disconnected. They could look for ignition wires to "hot wire" but those are gone too. haha.

Comment

I did beat you to it, have to beat you at something! But I didn’t go the JDI route, I went easy guard route and got an ignition harness from the yard and built my own. But you are correct this kit takes away all the guess work and it’s pretty much plug and play.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                I did beat you to it, have to beat you at something! But I didn’t go the JDI route, I went easy guard route and got an ignition harness from the yard and built my own. But you are correct this kit takes away all the guess work and it’s pretty much plug and play.
                lol. but I wish the "antenna" was longer, same with the other wires kind of. That antenna/loop thing should have a 20' cord on it so you can literally put it anywhere you want, like the ceiling.

Comment

Well ....... this is what it's like owning an old car. Today I went to go for a drive and was looking at SManager. I adjusted the IACV slider bar and the car died. Upon starting it the electronic boost solenoid was clicking loud and I can no longer upload to the ECU. I get the lightening bolt but ... parameters are greyed out and it says my rpm is 49,000...... and i'm in gear 206? WTF..... I'm thinking the ECU is dead or S300. I simply cannot get connected to the ECU anymore. Tried these steps too.

- checked grounds
                  - unplugged boost solenoid
                  - all other things work (lights, console, etc.).

Now I have the boost solenoid unplugged and just connected to the ECU and ACC ON gets me this......

Comment

Hmm it almost seems s300 pooped on you. Have you deleted the ecu editor from your computer and redownloaded it?

also do you have the s300 up to date on its software? I believe they released a new update in April.
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Agreed. I don't know what happened here but something took a giant crap. Fuck eh.
                      - Tried latest software
                      - Tried new calibration (no diff, can't get connected)
                      - Checked grounds etc.
                      - All other electronics work fine

I know there's bugs in S300 where SManager may hang or say not available etc. But this seems to be way different. Unfortunately I know no-one who can test this ECU or have another ECU to test (not that it would work with my engine). Maybe...... maybe there's a possibility that this is electrical issue??? I doubt it though.

Comment

Did you delete Smanager? And redownload it? I believe you can also Erase the ECU through Smanger, but not sure if you can do that since you said it won’t connect.
                        ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                          Did you delete Smanager? And redownload it? I believe you can also Erase the ECU through Smanger, but not sure if you can do that since you said it won’t connect.
                          Tried removing and re-installing but in the end I can't upload to the ECU. Still very weird numbers on the display and found a similar post here. But at this point I'm defeated. I don't have the $$$ to buy another S300/ECU & know no-one way up north here running a boosted H22.
                          So Sally goes under the blanket until I get away from this COVID financial crises.

Comment

Oh no. Sorry to hear that. I don’t have any experience with tuning yet. I hope you get it figured out.
                            http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Ya, not looking good.

Comment

Sooo I was exploring multiple options for the repair of this S300 / ECU. One of them was starting a post on Hondata forum to see how to proceed. The admin suggested I use the submit feedback option in SManager with the car on which I did. That resulted in an email from hondata which resulted in them opening an RMA case. I shipped the ECU off to California today. If I'm lucky this repair will only cost me the $80USD for shipping. If I'm very unlucky the ECU and S300 is toast and I need a new one for $700USD. Either way I don't expect to see it for probably 5 months. I dunno. We will see.

Comment

Working...
                                X