No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingers crossed it’s just the 80 shipped.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Fingers Crossed indeed!! At least some kind of resolution is underway!
      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Well for those wondering. Hondata wrote back and said the ECU was in fine shape. Noted I was using old software and a corrupt file, which caused my issues.
        And.... none of that makes sense to me. I know it's recommended to not use the download feature in S300 as it can cause corrupt files. But I simply had no upload button on the ECU. Fully uninstalled and reinstalled the software, tried a new calibration, and still no upload button. I did write Hondata and they said to give it a shot when it gets back to me. Soooo good news I guess. But I do feel kind of stupid for being a newbie on this. Buddy in the email was asking me if I had the key to the 'ON' position : \

So we'll see what happens when I get it back. If I remember I'll record it.

Comment

This is actually good news. Not necessarily ideal, but better than a toasted ECU.

Comment

That is good news!
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Sooooo, the ECU has returned. Popped it in, loaded the tune, car started like it was nothing. *shrugs*. Obvious a corrupt tune or corrupt software..... I dunno. From what I read / seen, don't download from the ECU as it can result in corrupt tunes. But my issue was that I didn't have the upload button avail. Anywho.... , took Sally for a quick drive around the block. (no insurance on her atm) The timing belt noise is still questionable but F that, I'm not doing it again and plus this time there's only the compression stroke tightness on the belt. + I can't remember what it use to sound like. Glad to have Sally back!

Comment

*praise hands emoji* Wow I’m glad it worked this time. Can’t wait until it’s officially back to prowling the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                  *praise hands emoji* Wow I’m glad it worked this time. Can’t wait until it’s officially back to prowling the streets.
                  Yep. & i feel like working on it again. :P

Comment

That's interesting, When I datalog which I do every time I drive, I always download from the ecu and I haven't had any issues. Glad the issue is resolved!
                    ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                      That's interesting, When I datalog which I do every time I drive, I always download from the ecu and I haven't had any issues. Glad the issue is resolved!
                      This is what I was doing too. But ya, don't do that. Hondata advised I had a corrupt file and corrupt software but wouldn't comment on how it happened. After researching for weeks many tuners online say constant downloading of the tune from the ECU can lead to corruption. The worst part is that it will affect your tune in crazy ways especially if you are modifying tables, etc. Then you have a corrupt file and if no backup then you're car is messed up. Always save tune when done. And open & upload on a new day.

2:00 mark of this video.

Comment

Interesting. Although I always do the opposite. I have all the tune revisions and data logs on my laptop. When I make changes I just save it as a new revision and then upload it to the ecu. Honestly when I'm tuning, I will go data log, then take the laptop somewhere else, the couch, office, where ever and then work on the tune at my leisure.

I've never used the ecu to download a tune or data log. I figured the ecu is so limited in space, in comparison the laptop practically has unlimited space.
                        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Big thanks going out to Ensjesse for hooking me up with these. . Going to give these some TLC and a loving home.

Now... as the saying goes; 'They look good from a far, but far from good looking" Obviously fully appreciate getting these, but let's get to business on them...

There's this stuff.. Which I think is the OEM UV protect coating, which has ... turned yellow and also peeled off in areas.

There's also this corner of one of the headlights. I think most will agree that this part is impossible to find. So we'll have to see if I can fix it.

---

Well..... we know what needs to happen here. Think I'll do them by hand.

800grit wet.

---

Taking too long and not taking the "film" off. 600grit time... (you can see the line....)

..... this will take some time.

As for the chrome. ... The chrome on the top of one of the headlights has started to peel and bubble. It's crunchy, waiting to flake off. And this is as clean as I can get the rest of it.

So thinking about shaving down both chrome pieces and painting them with chrome paint. But not sure if I want to commit to that or not...... I think I may test on the old grill first.
                          Oh ya... have to do something with that corner. We'll try a metal frame idea. I'll drill some holes and use a metal rod + glue/fill to start. We'll add and shave and form it until I get the look I want.

Add, shave, add shave , smooth ..........

Comment

Comment

Headlights coming out nice, man. How high of a grit are you going?

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

These should turn out sweet!

Comment

Working...
                                X