No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, that was me renewing the https certificate on the server. Should work now. & edit for a short vid.

Last edited by Raf99; 10-28-2021, 10:46 AM.

Comment

So looking at the current drips from the last engine removal / install. I got two drips... one I know how to fix, the other I do not :|

The tans dripping is bc I did not use enough sealant at the bottom of the case.

And this one... not sure. If I take the bolt out there's no oil on it, so not sure where this is coming from. Any thoughts?

Comment

1. Remove bolt.
        2. Blast threaded provision with brake clean.
        3. Retap the provision.
        4. More brake clean.
        5. Let dry.
        6. Smear bolt with thread lock.
        7. Install bolt and wait at least 6 hours before refilling with fluid.
        8. Fingers crossed; no!!!???

*** Also, a ~1.0mm soft copper washer may help as it will conform to the edge of the provision and created a seal. ***

If that fails, go helicoil with a fresh bolt.
        Last edited by Straight Success; 11-10-2021, 12:30 PM.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I was wondering if that bolt hole is even near oil...... but thanks.

Comment

It could be a hairline fracture/crack in the block leading down to that provision, and oil may be seeping down into the provision causing it to lead out past the bolt head. That's an educated guess.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Tried the chrome headlights in the car, looks much better than the other projector headlights. Some bling bling to these and I like the chrome lip above them on the corners. What do you think?

Comment

Decided I want the front lip, side skirts, and rear lip the same color as the car and it's something I can do cheap. So here's the start of that...

Sanding the whole thing...

Going to see about maybe painting the drivers side white, then putting the sticker on, then paint it all green. Remove the sticker to show the white Tein part... i dunno

Comment

This will be interesting having an embossed sticker
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Do you drive this when it snows up there?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

LoL.. hell no. You must be kidding ... haha
                      They start salting the roads before the snow comes. And if it's near freezing they use the liquid salt / salt water on the roads. Afraid Sally is a garage girl now.

Comment

Well I guess I started something..........

Really not into Sally these days due to COVID + no job + no money. But I did make a temp paint booth and started on the lip idea I had. I'll slowly plug away at this and may also do the front bumper in here too.
                        (Fingers crossed on a new job I may get and start on the 10th. But it's a big deal job. A company that makes military equipment, I'll be one of the IT Administrators. So far I've had 4 interviews (2 technical) and so far so good. Drug test coming up and whatever else they require. Maybe after the money comes in again I can get back into things. Hope this site isn't dead by then :P )

Last edited by Raf99; 01-01-2022, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Looks like you are keeping busy in the winter months! Your paint area looks pretty good.

I hope all goes well on your potential new job!!

I am sure that there are enough of us around to keep the lights on. LOL
                          http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

I'll still be around until Deev shuts us down. Good luck on hopefully getting the new job! I'm not going to lie, I haven't worked on Freedom in a while or driven her even though the weather has been nice. I need to start looking into painting.
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Well what a major fuckin fail this was..... fack. I'll just paint over it and slap it on the car.

Comment

Was this a mask and paint logo that caused the paint to lift when you removed the sticker?
                                http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Working...
                                X