No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a factory service manual with some good wiring diagrams in storage, but I can't get out to it until I think Wednesday. Not sure how useful this one might be for you:

https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...wiring-diagram

Also, is the Audi your daily? Looks fun!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Ya, found that one & this one. This one seems to use a JDM civic button pinout. I thought it was weird that no-one here has it that's all. More weird that I don't have it.
      I guess no harm in just plugging 12V to it and messing with it. Don't think I can break it... just a ... on/off.

(bottom right). My current button has simply 4 wires going to it. 12V/ground IN & 12V/ground out. Ummm could tap into the dimmer (but not req), up in the dash near the dimmer unit is where the button will go; would have to splice into a wire. The light bulb in the button and the rear fog light both get power when the button is pressed. Should be easy...

Comment

I looked through the diagrams in my factory service manual for a '92, which includes both US and Canadian diagrams, and there's nothing for fog lights. I know the SE models ('91 and '93 only?) commonly had fogs, but were they not still a dealership option regardless of year?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Ya, I can't say I've ever seen a manual with the fogs in my life. Never seen wiring colours for example. But it is plug and play though, I know it goes in that 2-pin connector (under hood fuse box).

Anywho... I did figure this out for what I need. There was one moment where a puff of smoke came out after connecting the wrong wires but it still works now :P (should of had a fuse on it). It was the diagram listed above actually. I'm not going to worry about the dimmer wires as my dash lights were converted to LED blue and they don't dim :P

There's one 12V in and one 12V out on the switch. That is just a basic switch. Ground wire comes after the bulb in the rear of the car. The LED light in the button shares power from the 12V IN but needs a ground. So once you supply ground (yellow/white) it works.

Now the bastard part is that I need to run a ground wire to somewhere for the button LED wire. The other two button wires will be just the 12V in / 12V out.
          The more bastard part is this button has to go in the dash where I have my 12V volt display... mod thing. So we'll be fishing wires for a bit to get things out and in. Not sure where to put the 12V display... somewhere creative I'm sure. It will look cool to have an OEM hazard / defrost / fog light in the dash.

Button must go here..

Comment

People have converted their clocks to display battery voltage, if you're not too attached to it. Personally I think the clock is a cool period touch... but it is a creative spot! I might actually do that myself, since my double-DIN has a clock display.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I agree with Cyborg, putting it in the clock might be a good place given the form factor of the current gauge.
              http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Done & Done on this one. I did notice that the wire / pin for 12V in on the connector is a bit... touchy. Once when I put it in the dash it didn't work. It needs to be de-pinned and checked. I tried for a bit and gave up. Meh. Working ATM.

Comment

Too late for your project, but I did find the dedicated electrical manual for the '93 model year and ordered it over the weekend, which does include the front fog lights, and posted that diagram in the other thread: https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...wiring-diagram

So if you need diagrams for anything else, let me know. It does differentiate between American and Canadian cars when there are differences.
                  Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-10-2023, 11:12 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                    Jon, glad you figured out the bumper pole issue.

As for the power folding mirrors. Mine are the same, I have to hit the button twice to get them to extend. Since both ours are doing it, I wonder if it was designed that way.

I agree with having it all paint matched. My eyes are drawn to the wheels as well. But you still notice the nice ground effects the lip kit has to offer.
                    My power folding mirror requires one push of the button to open.
                    One push to close.

MRT

Comment

Originally posted by daovangphotos View Post

My power folding mirror requires one push of the button to open.
                      One push to close.
                      I think we're all talking about the initial activation. When I turn my car on and press the button once, nothing happens. Press it again and the mirrors move. And then from there, it's only one press for them to do what I want. Your car doesn't have that initial hesitation?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Mine does everything you guys are saying. We are all the same.

Comment

I bought this flash light which I had seen Eric-O use on his youtube channel (a car mechanic guy). Man... I really should of done this sooner. I have these .... 10 year old LED lights and ... they just "did the trick".

Magnet charging pad.

Multiple light settings and dimming features. Magnets on the base so it will stand up. Flexible end.
                          ...One side of the light on.

The point end of the light only...

Both sides of the light on

Comment

This looks a like an excellent gadget. Im usually fumbling around with my cellphone flashlight which can be aggravating since I can’t really hold the light and wrench at the same time.
                            http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Well...... almost done.

- Button in and works
                              - Fixed a squeaky seat issue now that the seats are out
                              - Found a speaker wire disconnected, fixed

On the right is the ipod interface box for the stereo
                              On the left is the brain for the stereo. Takes camera in, aux out, aux in, remote, video out. ie: can have tv's in the back or connect a play station

Comment

For giggles I took the old dash out of storage and played around with the prelude cluster which has 224,000km on it. Last time I looked through the threads online it's not an easy mod, and a lot of folks had issues getting some lights to work. Soldering on the back of the board is required.

Brackets required. Just cut up some plastic pieces I had and shape and drill them...

Comment

Working...
                                X