No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a fair amount of wiring needed, but all of the features work. Instead of soldering the cluster, you just have to make a jumper harness to unite the prelude connectors to the accord connectors.
    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
      There is a fair amount of wiring needed, but all of the features work. Instead of soldering the cluster, you just have to make a jumper harness to unite the prelude connectors to the accord connectors.
      Could it be as simple as de-pinning the harness side of the Prelude's connectors (assuming you snipped the pigtails from the donor car) and correctly re-pinning it with the Accord's wiring? It'd be nice if the entire cluster could be kept easily revertible to factory.

I'm still debating whether I want to use my Prelude cluster, or go S2000, or full custom with aftermarket gauges and warning lights. The BB6 cluster does look very nice...
      Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-22-2023, 12:19 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I do have the pigtails.... and I think I'll do what SSMAccord mentioned, make an adapter harness. But..... hmmm.... need more parts for that too. & I seen the DIY for the cluster on here and it does not look fun at all to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post

Could it be as simple as de-pinning the harness side of the Prelude's connectors (assuming you snipped the pigtails from the donor car) and correctly re-pinning it with the Accord's wiring? It'd be nice if the entire cluster could be kept easily revertible to factory.

I'm still debating whether I want to use my Prelude cluster, or go S2000, or full custom with aftermarket gauges and warning lights. The BB6 cluster does look very nice...
          I also intended to make it completely reversible mod. I left most of the Prelude harness pins in place (I think I used the ATTS light/pin for the power steering malfunction indicator); I took the female connectors and pins from a CB cluster and soldered the cut wires from the Prelude harness to the pins to unite the 2 systems.

Comment

Yep..... that's what I would have to do. ...... Make me one too would ya

Comment

First big shout out to djALBINI for selling me these! Saved me from buying them on ebay, etc. and maybe getting a bad set. These are mint! Thanks djALBINI!!

Well..... you always have those "projects" that either you don't have the time for or don't have the money. This is another one that I've been waiting a LONG time to do!! Like 10+ years...
              Now who remembers the details on how to keep your 4 lug I'd really like to avoid having to buy new wheels.

FFC ...caliper brackets
              Rotors ??? 350Z re-drilled.. (i hope not)

I think if I change to 5 lug that requires a whole knew knuckle etc...

Comment

This is a score!!! I can’t wait to see you running these.

Comment

SSMAccord, would you paint them or leave as is?

Comment

Well.... does anyone have any 97-98 Acura CL 4-cyl front hubs they want to get rid of?

Turns out FFC does have them but that will run me $600+ to get them. Which I think is crazy. But looking for the past couple of days and these things are non existent now. They say that's all that is needed and they slide right into our bearings...

Comment

Just wanna say John I can’t wait to see the finished product as I’m sure you’ll make them look super clean plus you’ll stop quicker as well! Thanks for the shout out

Steve

does rockauto have the cl hubs you’re lookin for?

Comment

No-one has the hubs....... no-one. Been looking for days. FFC gave me a quote for everything I need which came to $845 USD + tax + shipping. That comes to $1136.10 CDN.... + tax + shipping + duty fees.... ug. This price seems crazy for two rotors, hubs and some brackets.

Comment

Think that’s a lot of $$$$… imagine the cost running projectMu two piece 350Z track rotors imported from Japan along with the werdwerx rl calipers i shared with you

Comment

Sigh. No idea how people run skylines and more expensive cars with $5000 brake jobs. Wish I had more $$$ for Sally.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              SSMAccord, would you paint them or leave as is?
                              Hmmmm…I personally do like a painted brake caliper. Not always red paint, but it does add visual interest to that area of the car.

Comment

Polish and clearcoat the letters and paint the rest of the caliper black.

Comment

Working...
                                X