No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i haven't been on here in a bit but dam raff . you done a lot of work since then . hope all is well and nice work .
    this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
    How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
    Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

this beast has some real fine attention to detail!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Accord Problems, thanks! I don't remember you from long ago, but appreciate the feedback!
        CPMike, always a pleasure! Love it when folks visit and give me some inspiration. It's been lacking lately due to COVID + money + stupid Audi taking too much $$$.

But..... as of Feb 1st I've been at the new job for 1 year & got promoted to Senior IT Administrator with a pay bump. So hopefully Sally will get some attention now,. Let's face it, it's all about the $$$ at this level haha.....
        And as of yesterday I signed the offer letter for another new job, which is more important than this one & for even more $. So if I get it that will be amazing amazing news!

In regards to the calipers...... let's keep in mind if I paint them, the rears need to be painted too My initial thought was yes, paint them Arcadian Green to match the car as I really loved having the lips and skirts painted green to match the car. But I dunno...... Not sure yet. Will have to look at some photos. Someone said paint them black.... naa. & they wont' be banana yellow either, or red. Just too flashy for my liking...... i dunno. Maybe some photoshop is required..

Comment

raf99 lol i dont post much unless i have something to contribute . congrats on the promotion . ill keep reading as you update .
          this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
          How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
          Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            Accord Problems, thanks! I don't remember you from long ago, but appreciate the feedback!
            CPMike, always a pleasure! Love it when folks visit and give me some inspiration. It's been lacking lately due to COVID + money + stupid Audi taking too much $$$.

But..... as of Feb 1st I've been at the new job for 1 year & got promoted to Senior IT Administrator with a pay bump. So hopefully Sally will get some attention now,. Let's face it, it's all about the $$$ at this level haha.....
            And as of yesterday I signed the offer letter for another new job, which is more important than this one & for even more $. So if I get it that will be amazing amazing news!

In regards to the calipers...... let's keep in mind if I paint them, the rears need to be painted too My initial thought was yes, paint them Arcadian Green to match the car as I really loved having the lips and skirts painted green to match the car. But I dunno...... Not sure yet. Will have to look at some photos. Someone said paint them black.... naa. & they wont' be banana yellow either, or red. Just too flashy for my liking...... i dunno. Maybe some photoshop is required..
            Wow Man! It's been a couple years since I logged in...but I did today and this is the first thread I came looking for! So glad to see the cb is still going! Congrats on the recent IT promotion! I just hit 4 years as the IT Infrastructure manager last month. Still have my cb.. just dropped 5k on a complete refresh\rebuild so hopefully I will have it back in the next few weeks!

Comment

Appreciate all the love folks ! Not sure what to do with the ole' girl recently. When you get to this point it's all $$$ haha. I did put her together after having the seats out. She'll run fine, but she needs some cash ..........

- 8-9 years on a turbo setup = engine rebuild needed. All the signs are there. Probably just piston rings to be honest.
              - Need new tires with better grip
              - To make my 500HP goal I'll need a meth kit

And the rest are wishes... (carbon fiber hood, etc.)

Comment

Well if you all remember I entered my car in the Driven car show in 2019......

I entered my car again this year for the May show, I'm hoping to win an award this year, last year I lost to a turbo S2000 (was a legit loss :P ) There's really no incentive to enter here i guess, you're paying $90CAD to enter and you may win an award. More for me to get out and about with the car more. It would be nice to get the new brake setup done before then, but that's.... money I don't really want to spend at the moment. But at least the car looks better now than it did then with the painted lips and side skirts. So the focus for the next little bit will be to clean the car up as best I can for this competition.

Comment

Oh ya.... who I lost to.... and probably who I have to beat for Best 90's Honda car award (or whatever it was called).
                  I still don't think I can beat this car, not with a paint job like that! And come on... it's a S2000, amazing looking car!

Comment

That is a very shiny S2K.
                    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

That must have been a tight margin they won by, your car is super clean.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

First start of 2023 for Sally... and a first I've seen of this. This is the catch can smoking. I'm guessing the rings are getting so bad that they are simply allowing gases by? not sure on this one yet

https://youtu.be/PpCnMmLNU2A

Comment

Hmmmmm…is this smoke or is this steam? Oil can get a bit of condensation when it sits over the winter and then the water steams out when it reaches temp the first time.

Comment

Yep you are correct. But I think the amount of smoke is an indicator or some ring leakage..

Comment

SSMAccord, what year of Nissan 350z front rotors will work with the Acura RL front calipers? and they are 5x114.3 and you're drilling it to 4x114.3 ?
                              (using acura cl 1999 hubs / bearings)

Comment

Hmmmmmm… the RL calipers use the brembo package rotors from 03-08 350Z models. I think they can be redrilled pretty easily and the center bore opened up to 70.1mm. FFC rotors can be purchased already modified.

Comment

Working...
                                X