No announcement yet.

93SM4_CB7 : 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got around to Replacing the Passenger side upper control arm today. The ball joint was shot and also got some new rear stock interior door panels installed.

These where the old ones with the custom speaker pods that I disliked

I ended up trading them for the the stock panels with 20$ on my end.

Another note: The F22 has slowly become something that I'm looking to part with soon and do a complete H22 swap. The F22 is running great but the whole jerking when putting in drive is killing me after changing the motor mounts so I figure I might as well replace the entire thing.

So the H22 is officially in the works

More updates as they come

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

I see you're doing work. Still plan on keeping it auto or going manual?
      1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
        I see you're doing work. Still plan on keeping it auto or going manual?
        I always said that if I went H22 I would keep it auto BUT I have been actually thinking of going manual.

Auto gets boring but it's comfortable but Manual is fun and can be annoying (traffic)

Decisions decisions

Comment

I've always found manual trannies to be more reliable but that's my opinion. When should we expect the H swap?
          1990 Accord EX

Comment

wuuuuut, I never knew your panels were like that! hahaha, still pretty sick though. How's the car riding now with those new parts?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

ive seen P5's skirts and his DIY my main question is on the front part and how it looks with the door open. like from the top or sitting inside looking out

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by 93SM4_CB7 View Post
                when I mounted it I thought the same but I like the look, especially since its "keeping things fresh" and different in a place where Civics and Tegs all look the same lol

It does cover a decent portion of the front hood but the bra would be best IMO, only thing I don't think I've ever seen one on a carbon fiber hood

Thanks bro ! And it's sad to say that I learned this the hard way today after installing it I was driving down the road and it came off and I accidentally ran over it

Luckily they are hairline cracks in the plastic and just a little bit of the plastic cracked, nothing a little super glue didn't fix but I was and still am kinda pissed for not screwing it in..

What type of screws did you use ? The ones that came with them are rather small

i used mudflap screws for my bug guard i have a clear one i paid 113 shipped .... i have a carbonfiber hood and i needed a thicker screw . i also used only two velcro sticky pads on the ends... i just got mine the other day and i love it ... i still have my hood bra for later use .
                i love having many different options. also i love having 5speed its defi more reliable .. traffic dont even bother me
                . . your car looks like a 4door version of mine almost .. great build
                Last edited by illwitit247; 07-27-2013, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Recently replaced the front brake pads and the little that i do drive her, shes still running strong.

Removed the Enkie92s and put them away in storage. Riding on these Preludes make the ride sooo much more comfortable compared to riding on the Enkies with the 205-50-15 wheels

currently running the Fall Winter Look.

Last edited by 93SM4_CB7; 11-03-2013, 11:46 PM.

Comment

The front end started squealing again when turning the wheel and sure enough was a dried up lower ball joint (passenger side) so I went in and replaced it.

Noise gone

I'm getting a knock, rattling sound when going over bumps and sometimes costing on some surfaces so Next I'll be replacing the upper control arm (passenger side) that I haven't got around to replace.

More updates to follow.

Comment

Never noticed this ride before, well maybe some people will now.....AoM Nomination.
                      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                        Never noticed this ride before, well maybe some people will now.....AoM Nomination.
                        I was reading one of his other threads and unfortunately he sold this car

Comment

Working...
                        X