jmolina : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
    Is the lincoln paid off if it is and it runs well i would just keep it as the dd.
    Thats what I was thinking!

Comment

Sell it and boost the shit outta that CB!

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
      I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

I Say You Choose B!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MyDianaZ06 View Post
          I Say You Choose B!!!
          ditto
          i loved having 2 cbs at once. tho i only enjoyed it for a couple of weeks. car looks good man

Comment

B. would be good...but a boosted f22a6 is sweet too...what kinda lincoln you got???

Comment

Originally posted by jmolina View Post
              update of my cb:

installed LED eyebrows to the headlight...hows the new look?

dude...HOLY SHIT...that is fucking amazing...my car man I got it all LED renovated and had been wanting this for a while...JESUS THAT LOOKS SO FUCKING RAW AS HELL! a million thumbs up dude it looks SICK...how did you wire it up if you don't me asking?

Comment

I have a Lincoln LS Sport Package

choice B. Sell the lincoln and do a H22swap, and buy a DD Cb sedan.

first off, how much does a swap cost? i mean everything, also if i'm swapping have to do a tranny swap too, since my current one is auto. also
                right now i'm considering keeping the lincoln and save as much money i can to go turbo or swap, so i'm stuck between these two choices

i need alittle more advice right now.

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by KeVuPs93CB7 View Post
                  dude...HOLY SHIT...that is fucking amazing...my car man I got it all LED renovated and had been wanting this for a while...JESUS THAT LOOKS SO FUCKING RAW AS HELL! a million thumbs up dude it looks SICK...how did you wire it up if you don't me asking?
                  million thanks too you bro......

i got them wired to the battery. i was thinking to the corner lights but nah, i wanna be able to keep them on when the lights are off, so i ran wires to a switch, and dude i love em

Comment

Originally posted by jmolina View Post
                    million thanks too you bro......

i got them wired to the battery. i was thinking to the corner lights but nah, i wanna be able to keep them on when the lights are off, so i ran wires to a switch, and dude i love em
                    wow man that's awesome...I totally agree..that's sick...so you hooked em up to the battery and then ran a on/off swithch inside the car? That's awesome man...I was planning on doing the same thing and since my CB has like these 4 cut out pieces in the center console I was thinking of putting them there do you mind is I ask exactly what wire you used and stuff installation cause I really wanna do this lol your an inspiration man seriously

Comment

Originally posted by KeVuPs93CB7 View Post
                      wow man that's awesome...I totally agree..that's sick...so you hooked em up to the battery and then ran a on/off swithch inside the car? That's awesome man...I was planning on doing the same thing and since my CB has like these 4 cut out pieces in the center console I was thinking of putting them there do you mind is I ask exactly what wire you used and stuff installation cause I really wanna do this lol your an inspiration man seriously
                      yeah i got a on/off switch on the dash. i mainly used a 14 gauge wire i got at walmart.

get them done bro, you'll love how many heads it turns. it really stands out.
                      this is the mod i will never regret, also i'm gonna do the amber LEDS for the bumper signals, im gonna try to open them, and put them on the inside, but i don't know if i'll be able to, now that will be sick!!! i'm doing it tomorrow.
                      also be posting pics up once done, make sure you come check it out.

later bro

Comment

ok guys. if i do a h22a swap, who can help me do it? also do you guys know where i can sell me old engine? i know at craigslist or ebay, but i mean a company that buys them to recycle, or for resale. also how much i can get for it? engine and tranny has 209,000 miles

thanks is advance

dianazo6, where did you get your engine???

Comment

The swap itself is not too bad just time consuming. What I would recommend (coming from experience and doing my own h22a swap)...Anything you can do with the engine out do it...This means all the critical seals (rear main, front seal, balance shaft, camshaft), mechanical components (clutch etc) and so on. After all that the rest is easy. Just add a few pins to the ECU and pretty much its done. Since your a manual it just drops right in and as i recall your still internal distributor so that makes it even better...You can just use the h22a one without having to hack the wiring.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                            The swap itself is not too bad just time consuming. What I would recommend (coming from experience and doing my own h22a swap)...Anything you can do with the engine out do it...This means all the critical seals (rear main, front seal, balance shaft, camshaft), mechanical components (clutch etc) and so on. After all that the rest is easy. Just add a few pins to the ECU and pretty much its done. Since your a manual it just drops right in and as i recall your still internal distributor so that makes it even better...You can just use the h22a one without having to hack the wiring.
                            thats a pretty good idea, replacing the seals, cause after its in its gonna be a pita. i'm on a automatic tranny, thats why i said i'm gonna swap trannys too. i really can't do the swap myself, well atleast in my home, because of home owners association, if i take to a shop, which one is trustworthy??? or one you recommend.

what is the cost comparison between a Turbo Build and the H22a swap??

Comment

Turbo build depending on how much you want to put out can cost as much as a swap. Since your auto I would recommend buying the ESP mount kit that converts auto to manual. The shop I worked at closed down so I dunno any that can help you out. Me and my friends usually work out his garage. The problem also is if you plan to do auto to manual swap takes quite a bit of time. Most of the time its just time consumption.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Well joey im pretty much already doing my own swap already my buddy tried to walk me through it but i just started doing it myself after i figured out its not as bad as i thought. just time consuming like nail05 said. Especially since your gonna go 5spd that means adding the clutch line the master cylinder and changing out the pedal assembly wich is kinda a pain, but B sounds good but a full swap and conversion with parts alone will be a bit pricey. boost sounds hella fun though i say boost it

btw watsup with those headlights you still gotem so can get off your hands?
                                Last edited by cb7trancebeast; 11-25-2009, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X