No announcement yet.

jmolina : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right now i'm leaning towards a turbo build, it sounds easier to do. doing a swap many things can go wrong, and a alot hassle especially converting auto to manual.

i just had a thought of just converting to manual, and forget the h22a swap and turbo, for now. atleast i'll be a bit quicker with a 5-speed. what do you think about this?
    Last edited by jmolina; 11-25-2009, 02:36 AM.

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Boost is easy. Just make sure your bottom end is in tip top shape. The main problem with the F blocks under boost is the rings go out. Thats pretty much the weakest link. Other than that the motor is pretty strong. I would replace all the seals in the motor also if you plan to go that route again as always. When you want to push power last thing you want is an oil leak in high RPM's/

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

if this was your situation, which would you choose? i would choose turbo. what would you?

Comment

Boost it. Its fun and the f22a is a strong engine. Only thing I would upgrade would be pistons/rings and change out the HG while your in there and the bottom end should be set for what you want.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

you're right. thats what i'm going for, a F22a6 Turbo Build,

one question, do i need to do anything with the transmission?

my HP goal is 240 WHP, i would be more than staisfied if i can hit those numbers.

Comment

If you boost, and blow your motor, then do an h-swap + boost
              NOW thats a plan

Comment

Tranny is fine, like nails said change the hg but also get arp headstuds, use them from the h23.
                99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Of how bout this-

F-Sell the lincoln Turbo your Coupe and get a 2nd CB as a DD and H-swap down the road.

To me theres no better feeling then getting home from work tired and getting home and park behind my other CB. That right there is priceless. Not even a girl can make you feel like that!

Comment

Originally posted by DejectedAngel View Post
                    To me theres no better feeling then getting home from work tired and getting home and park behind my other CB. That right there is priceless. Not even a girl can make you feel like that!
                    Hum....you must have not had too many girls in your young days huh? lol

but no for real...thats a good plan too!!!

How about sell your linc., keep THIS coupe as your dd and find another cb, tear it down and have that one as your build?

Comment

About 10 in my past not much for browsing huh!lol I guess i was meant to be a real tuner who only pays attention to his CBs! Well something along the line that ends up with 2 CBs is best!
                      Originally posted by MyDianaZ06 View Post

How about sell your linc., keep THIS coupe as your dd and find another cb, tear it down and have that one as your build?

Comment

Well im just saying the Lincoln LS is a decently nice car to come home too if its paid off I would just keep it. But anyway the only thing you would need when you boost is a clutch with a higher torque capacity. Anything in the 300 ft lb range on the tq rating for your car should be enough for what you want for now. Dont go by hp measurements go by tq.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

If you boost, and blow your motor, then do an h-swap + boost
                          NOW thats a plan
                          lol...i don't plan on blowing my motor, i just want a decent build, i'm not gonna abuse the shit out it, unless really needed i want the turbo because of how cool it sounds,

Originally posted by Bboy_Trevstuh View Post
                          Tranny is fine, like nails said change the hg but also get arp headstuds, use them from the h23.
                          i'm sorry, what is a HG and a ARP headstuds?,
                          remember this is my first build ever, and i'm still learning more about my cb, this build will help learn on future builds i decide to make. so learnig these parts will help

Originally posted by DejectedAngel View Post
                          Of how bout this-

F-Sell the lincoln Turbo your Coupe and get a 2nd CB as a DD and H-swap down the road.

true, but also just to let you know, lincoln is a very decent car, why not have a boosted CB to get crazy with sometimes and then be relaxed in the quiteness of the LS i'm really reconsidering keeping the LS, since its in almost perfect condition..(BTW i need some headlights for the LS because they old ones gets water in them, and brand new they go for 300 bucks...damn, thats even more than the JDM one-piecers)

about the girl thing bro...No..theres no better feeling than to have someone to welcome you home with hugs and kisses, but i get what u mean

i'm never driving my coupe as a daily driver, never. where i work, not gonna happen. you see i work for a moving company, we park our cars in a parking lot, jump into the moving truck and head to work all day long, without ever seeing my car until we get finished, i can't deal with being so worried all the time.

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                          Well im just saying the Lincoln LS is a decently nice car to come home too if its paid off I would just keep it. But anyway the only thing you would need when you boost is a clutch with a higher torque capacity. Anything in the 300 ft lb range on the tq rating for your car should be enough for what you want for now. Dont go by hp measurements go by tq.
                          but automatics don't have clutch right? does it?

Comment

Originally posted by jmolina View Post
                            lol...i don't plan on blowing my motor, i just want a decent build, i'm not gonna abuse the shit out it, unless really needed i want the turbo because of how cool it sounds,
                            True! thats what gets most people

true, but also just to let you know, lincoln is a very decent car, why not have a boosted CB to get crazy with sometimes and then be relaxed in the quiteness of the LS i'm really reconsidering keeping the LS, since its in almost perfect condition..(BTW i need some headlights for the LS because they old ones gets water in them, and brand new they go for 300 bucks...damn, thats even more than the JDM one-piecers)
                            TRUE TREU treu!!! A sport car plus a luxuary car! great combo for a drive way!
                            about the girl thing bro...No..theres no better feeling than to have someone to welcome you home with hugs and kisses, but i get what u mean
                            I love cars just as much as the next guy but every guy needs that one girl

i'm never driving my coupe as a daily driver, never. where i work, not gonna happen. you see i work for a moving company, we park our cars in a parking lot, jump into the moving truck and head to work all day long, without ever seeing my car until we get finished, i can't deal with being so worried all the time.
                            HAHAHA I see now!

but automatics don't have clutch right? does it?
                            [/QUOTE]

nope auto has whats called torque converter I believe...

buddy who did my swap said if you came to him with everything needed ofr a 5sp convo he'll get it done for $250.

Comment

so the plan is keeping the lincoln and start collecting turbo parts, thank God i have a friend here locally who can help me with this build. i'm gonna keep researching as i go along though....DSM setup is what i want.

Comment

dang this car's gone through a huge transformation... i like it. the muffler sounds great. the front end looks mean, which is sweet. i also like the rear end of the car, are those tailights the JDM CB3 tailights or like a DIY trim? either way, it looks legit.
                                Frost White CB9: EX F22A6 Stock 5spd - Click Here

Comment

Working...
                                X