brsteinbach : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brsteinbach View Post
    I cut and extended my oem one, I just welded in about 1" of the same diameter piping.

I highly recommend them. They made a world of difference in the ride.

thats exactly what i wanna do. but i dont have a welder:/ and no one really sells them for accords. can you get a pic of yours?

Comment

Originally posted by scotty91 View Post
      thats exactly what i wanna do. but i dont have a welder:/ and no one really sells them for accords. can you get a pic of yours?
      I would make you some if I had access to a welder, I made mine at school in welding class so I was lucky enough to have the equipment.

DSCF0105 by brsteinbach, on Flickr

DSCF0104 by brsteinbach, on Flickr

DSCF0102 by brsteinbach, on Flickr

DSCF0101 by brsteinbach, on Flickr

DSCF0100 by brsteinbach, on Flickr

I had to put slits in the slot that the tophat goes through and bend them up a little cause the piping was a little bigger in diameter.

^^^^^
      Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Never noticed those slits before, lol.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
        I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Some pics from a couple days ago. The pictures could be so much better if the lighting wasn't bad and I had steady hands.

Also the rear needs to come down some.
          Last edited by brsteinbach; 08-18-2011, 03:18 PM.

^^^^^
          Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

dang those look pretty good. im jealous lol

Comment

whole car needs to come down a little. Your not doing work unless your rubbing parts you never knew were there. Have you beaten in the little hump in the back wheel wells about the lip? Thats 2 hours of one morning ill never get back lol.

Still cant get over how simply awesome this car is. nothing fancy, just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                whole car needs to come down a little. Your not doing work unless your rubbing parts you never knew were there. Have you beaten in the little hump in the back wheel wells about the lip? Thats 2 hours of one morning ill never get back lol.

Still cant get over how simply awesome this car is. nothing fancy, just cool.
                Thanks man! I know it needs to come down all around. I wish the ride wasn't so bad though. I love riding dumped until it comes to shit roads.

The little hump on the inside? Yes I did lol, it was rubbing a lot when I had my 205 60s.

On your car you had omni-power coilovers, did they ride good?

I feel as if my struts are bottoming out on big bumps even on full stiff (koni yellows). I don't know if the struts are bottoming out or if it is the ucas smacking my strut towers. I know you can't have a nice ride being slammed but still.

^^^^^
                Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Well, I got some new rear struts but my passenger side bolt seized in the bushing so now I need to replace that bushing. It happened on the driver side the first time and I should have either anti seized the bolt or replaced the other one the first time around.

But nothing much of anything else has been going on. Going to a small "stance" meet here in Wi tomorrow. The site is actually stancewi so it will be a fun cool little get together with all of the guys that have lowered cars here in Wi.

I'll probably post more pics tomorrow.

^^^^^
                  Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

My new roof rack, man do I need to lower my car more...

^^^^^
                    Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

i like it alot man its comin together
                      -Tyler

Comment

Looking good man, I like the clear corners too.
                        1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by tm123 View Post
                          i like it alot man its comin together
                          Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                          Looking good man, I like the clear corners too.
                          Thanks guy's, yeah I decided to throw the clear corners back on for a bit since I had them lol.

I also got a new fairing today, I got it in 2 days! I guess it help the company shipped it from Wi lol. But since I bought a "generic" rack I figured why pay more for a name brand fairing. lol

^^^^^
                          Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Well I ordered a high flow universal cat to get rid of the hollowed out cat that I have on now that rattles and makes my cat raspy as hell. So I will finally have a decent exhaust on my car that wont be stinky and loud.

Edit: I will upload a sound clip after it comes.

^^^^^
                            Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

I want your wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              HELLAFLUSH 4 Me Coming Soon In Spring 2012

Comment

Well, someone was parting out an Accord locally and Duncan (Ander) got a flushie and fog switch.

I got the 90-91 fogs and full harness, all 4 doors oem honda window visors, and some really nice looking ngk blue plug wires. All for 40 bucks. Well a few days ago I got some cd5 rear bumper side markers for $10.

Fogs are very minty, the brackets are rusty but fogs are great, some of the clips broke on the window visors but I'll just use some 3m double sided tape, and the plug wires, hell I'll clean em up and throw em on. The harness looks great one ground was broke, just needs a ring terminal.

I don't know if I'm going to sell the fogs and harness yet or not. But on with the pics.

^^^^^
                                Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Working...
                                X