No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, you need a torque mount. Go DIY solid with rod ends like I did. Also, I'm hoping these traction bars more than make up for the fact that the center under-beam must be deleted (or whatever it is called ).

One time at the track, I met the turbo Civic guy, you know the guy with lots of great knowledge for you, but vinyl carbon fiber wrap, no wastegate welded on, an engine "that needs more tuning", etc. He really got serious when showing me his Innovative mounts. He was so adamant about telling me to "stay away from Innovative mounts". This could all have to do with mistakes by him, but the trans mount and driver's side mount were sagging horribly. The filling looked like red, slightly transparent jelly. I'm guessing he went with a softer compound.
    Last edited by af_1132; 05-28-2015, 03:43 AM.
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
      Yes, you need a torque mount. Go DIY solid with rod ends like I did. Also, I'm hoping these traction bars more than make up for the fact that the center under-beam must be deleted (or whatever it is called ).

One time at the track, I met the turbo Civic guy, you know the guy with lots of great knowledge for you, but vinyl carbon fiber wrap, no wastegate welded on, an engine "that needs more tuning", etc. He really got serious when showing me his Innovative mounts. He was so adamant about telling me to "stay away from Innovative mounts". This could all have to do with mistakes by him, but the trans mount and driver's side mount were sagging horribly. The filling looked like red, slightly transparent jelly. I'm guessing he went with a softer compound.
      Red should be the hardest urethane Innovative has. 95A. Not exactly 100% pleased with my Innovative mount tbh.

Comment

I had a set from Innovative I ran for a year. They were 65D which is red, the 95D is also red. But even after a year the 65D bushings looked like new. I ran the ESP ones in my car for a month last year before I parked the car and they had already shown signs of degradation.
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
          I had a set from Innovative I ran for a year. They were 65D which is red, the 95D is also red. But even after a year the 65D bushings looked like new.
          That's good news. I'm sure that turbo civic homie's engine bay temperatures were through the roof dumping exhaust gasses straight from the turbo into his engine bay.

Just throwing this out there, cb9love and I have had no problems after filling our mounts with the compound you can get through Energy Suspension. I chose 80A and the mounts are still solid after drag racing abuse and a few road test pulls. Although, if you threw away the OE mounts, then getting decent ones may be a hassle.
          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

All this talk about ESP mounts is making me sad. I had high expectations since I love their traction bar. I bought the mounts to replace my DIY poly filled motor mounts.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I offloaded the ESP ones just because of that lol. Went with Innovative. If you're looking to fix the problem without wanting to spend much more money I would just get an oversized center piece that preload the bushing, replace the bushings with press fit nylon (stock can be purchased from mcmaster) or use nylon as a snubber (to keep a high rate) and fill the gap with window weld to keep the high frequency isolation. Or sell your ESP for 250ish and buy Innovative for 330 shipped.
              This will be my second set from Innovative. Their finished product is far superior from ESP. The bushings are molded in so there is no sagging, the center piece is actually machined and smooth instead of just a cut piece of pipe, and Innovative is molded into the bushing.
              I had a set from Innovative I ran for a year. They were 65D which is red, the 95D is also red. But even after a year the 65D bushings looked like new. I ran the ESP ones in my car for a month last year before I parked the car and they had already shown signs of degradation.
              Gotta say, dude, all this has me wondering about the choice i made to pick them up.

Comment

Well it's been well documented that they sag. They're better than OE and good enough for an F22. They are also easier to customize the bushing rate if you please, the Innovative mounts can't be customized. Also you needed auto to manual F mount, I didn't. That's really the only reason I sold them.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with the metal, they just suck at making bushings.

Comment

Well it's been well documented that they sag. They're better than OE and good enough for an F22. They are also easier to customize the bushing rate if you please, the Innovative mounts can't be customized. Also you needed auto to manual F mount, I didn't. That's really the only reason I sold them.
                    Alright. Where would i get replacement/customized bushings for them? I'm assuming not from ESP.

Comment

The ones I sold you are fine. You don't need them. But if you wanted a custom rate you would have to make them yourself like I mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                        the innovative bar actually has provisions for the beam running under the engine. I can't run it because of the design of my header. I just wish it had provisions for the front torque mount.

This. It's as if they found a budding the right diameter and just shoved them in there but they aren't the right length so there's a gap in the center. I'm thinking of using the black compound innovative mounts. A few fellow CB guys have been running them with no issues.

Comment

The ones I sold you are fine. You don't need them. But if you wanted a custom rate you would have to make them yourself like I mentioned above.
                          Gotcha.

Comment

I keep finding info such as this around the net and I'm wondering if I got a counterfeit mount or something. I got mine off their (or supposedly it's theirs) ebay store. And according to the store there are three colors, red which is 95A extreme, grey which is 85A race, and black which is 75A track. Here is the listing I bought. http://www.ebay.com/itm/271841802380...;3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Idk what's up. I keep running across conflicting info and I don't know for sure myself. I guess the 65D I was unaware of evidently.

Comment

Looks right? The Innovative mounts are fundamentally better because a bushings are under compression. They can't work in tension if the surface of the bushing separate from the metal lIke the ESP ones. A possible fix with stock ESP bushings would be to use a larger outer diameter pin and possibly put a sleeve around the inner diameter of the bracket. But what I would have personally done if I kept the ESP mounts for racing purposes I would have simply replaced the bushings with solid nylon. if you can't order stock in the appropriate diameters it would be really easy and quick and cheap for a machinist to simply turn down the OD and bore the ID and then you would have solid mounts.

Comment

also both sets of mounts I bought I bought directly from Innovative. it doesn't look like the price is that much different from eBay and Innovative so you might as well buy it from the manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
                                X