No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason that front bumper is lacking is because you got to make some kind of grille for the wide open middle area. You also need the eg sir front lip to complete it. =)

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
    disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

Yeah, that's true. I'm not completely giving up on it yet. There are so many things I want to buy for the car right now; I'm just busy playing catch up.

Here's a small update. I ended up doing a little retrofit with a Hyundai Genesis third brake light. I really like how much brighter it is and it turned out pretty good.

Bonus picture:

Comment

Hmm that would be a good DIY write up. wink wink
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Here's a few updates. I've been slowly moving forward on these headlights working on them on my lunch breaks. Miraculously I came across center caps for my wheels. The car is dirty as hell though. I also ordered a Braille Battery since I needed a car battery and the costs are so similar that it seemed like the right way to go. It works out for my future plans with the car but I just didn't want to get one so soon.

Comment

Hmmm a LED high beam. That will be tricky to integrate into the high beam switch for our cars.

Comment

The LED's will be on their own switch. The projectors have a shutter for high beams so that will get hooked up to the stock high beam harness.

Comment

The new battery came in! I'm very happy with it's performance. I'm planning on buying the accompanying battery box bracket so I can mount it to the frame rail and open up the area where the stock battery was. I also had an autocross event I went to last weekend. I'm still waiting to get the videos off of a friends gopro. The event was held on an unused runway at a local municipal airport so I at least came away with a few cool pictures. It's so much fun putting this car through it's paces. Two days ago I had the chance to install my new headlights and I'm really happy with how they turned out. Now the downside; with the headlights being a bit of a departure from the stock look, I feel I really need to go back to a stock bumper. That being said I'm going to try and pick one up from a local junkyard on Saturday and eventually re-order another GReddy lip so I can get this thing back to the way it was. I'm even considering a G Square replica grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                  I'm even considering a G Square replica grille.
                  Looks like Deev's still got his rep for sale.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Looks great! Can you commend on the function of the headlights? Do the highbeams have the LEDs and the low beams (flap up) on?

Comment

I gotta get that supercharger off of Deev too.

I only have the projector shutter wired to the high beam switch. I have the LED's on their own switch. I can run them as DRL's if I want to.

Comment

Comment

God I need to get mine running, that looks like fun.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

No doubt! I need to get mine to some auto-x this summer.
                            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I picked up a set of lightweight wheels for autocrossing. Buddy Club P1's.

Also swapped in a "new" transmission today as well. One hell of a difference. First through third is very close and responsive while fifth is long enough to drive on the highway more comfortably than my previous transmission. The steering feels different but I can't place exactly what is different. The new mount also keeps the car from wheel hopping as much as it was with the ESP mount.

Can't wait for the autocross next month.

Comment

shit, i would love to try autocross! I bet it seems so easy but then is difficult. Do you guys track the time and see who does better?

Comment

Working...
                                X