No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might just be an older manifold with crappy posts. When I got it I had to port the manifold out to match the throttle body which, from what I'm told, you don't have to do on the newer versions. I am running Innovative mounts with the default inserts which are 80a? I remember hearing of one person in the past who had this issue, but not nearly as bad as my experiences and certainly not as frequently.

Comment

Suppose an update is in order even if it is just a general maintenance update. I finally decided to replace my rear calipers after I realized the brake pads were wearing very unevenly. Once the new ones arrived, I decided to actually paint them. I've been running around with only the front calipers painted red for a few years now. I had also been running just one cooling fan for a few years but that one finally bit the dust after going to the track. I went ahead and bought both fans brand new and installed them a few weekends ago. The sender for my oil pressure gauge also crapped out so I ordered and installed a new one of those. I did run a 9.86 in the 1/8th mile though so that's something? I'm hoping to get some new suspension for the car around the beginning of next year so I can kill the horrible wheel hop I get and maybe put down a better time. I also really need to remake the exhaust from the header back as it's just pieced together currently. It works, but it could be better.
      Last edited by Mike1357; 12-11-2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Not a whole lot has been going on with the CB lately. Replaced an axle, changed the gearbox oil, changed the engine oil regularly, and picked up some new front tires. I had someone that wasn't paying attention run me off the road so my 3rd lip is now in pieces. I've been spending a lot of time getting my truck sorted, but the CB is still my reliable daily.

Comment

The Greddy lip is in pieces?? Or you took it off to sell it to me?

Comment

Mike glad to see your still around. That is one of the reasons I haven’t gotten a Greddy Gracer lip yet. They look badass but are super fragile.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
              Mike glad to see your still around. That is one of the reasons I haven’t gotten a Greddy Gracer lip yet. They look badass but are super fragile.
              I would probably give my right nut to get one of these lips, always wanted one since I first seen them...ooohh 10+ years ago. One would think if you coated it in several clear coats it would help maybe. Even fibreglass or re-enforce the inside of it with a layer of..... whatever. I'm from Canada so I'd probably use duct tape

Comment

Sucks to hear about your lip. Hope a solution is found sooner or later. Good to see the car still kicking though.
                http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Raf: The thing is in pieces I assure you. I actually haven't taken the remains off of the stock lip that holds it in place so maybe I could ship you those? lol. I actually got this past one as well as my others from a place up in Canada. Now keep in mind that these are "replica" lips that are made out of fiberglass and are way more resilient that a "real" GReddy lip. Normally I'm not one for knock off parts, but when it can take way more abuse and is usually easier to fix at about 1/4 the cost of a real one, my hand is almost forced.

Grumpy: Like I was telling Raf, yeah, it's a knock off, but I put all my lips through hell and back. It took serious abuse to damage them past the point of repairing them.

SSM: I'd love to find a front bumper cover in decent condition in my color at the junkyards, but I've only been able to find cappuccino ones. I still have my stock 9293 fogs and dive planes that I want to eventually put back on the car. I even kept the vented hood I made so that I can put it back on when I do get it all sorted.

Comment

Working...
                  X