• Show
Clear All

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Let there be light!!

Leave a comment:

• SanJoCaF22DrAcc
    replied
    No pictures of the cd that the ITB's came out of?

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Alright, update time. We had a spare racing seat at work leftover from a racecar project (someone ordered a non FIA approved seat) so I went ahead and ordered a seat bracket from Planted Technology. It's a pretty nice bracket but I did have to drill two holes to mount the seat (possibly because I wasn't using a slider?). I'm a big guy and this is the first seat that made me feel secure but still comfortable. It's a bit tight around the legs, but I can either lose weight or just bend the lower bolsters.

Recently I had a problem that had been plaguing the driveability of the car. My idle would hang up sometimes and it got so bad that it was hanging around 3500rpm. I had smoke tested it, swapped the IAC with another one I had lying around, and still no luck. Eventually I stopped by Juice21's place to talk to him and see what he thought. He suggested swapping out my throttle body with one he had. Problem solved, though I think my IACV is still bad (surging idle every once and a while). Upon inspection the next day, I found out what was causing all the headaches.

Before the throttle body went whacky, my wideband sensor took a dump on me for about the fourth time now. I threw another sensor in there (used OEM VW is apparently the same plug and way cheaper to replace than brand new Bosch sensors) and added a spacer to move it out of the direct exhaust stream. Hopefully this will result in the sensor lasting a bit longer.
    Last edited by Mike1357; 08-09-2017, 09:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• apalileo
    replied
    Wow... just wow.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Here are some pictures.

apalileo, I was thinking of something like that. I have the adapter plate from the skunk2 manifold so I can incorporate that into the works. Mainly I just dont understand how the system works, specifically where each end of the IACV goes. One side goes into the manifold, the other is somewhere inside the throttle body? Which side goes where?

Rilas, it's a funny story. The shop next to the one I work at had a customer come in to race prep a Nissan. Supposedly the owner of the Nissan has had a few race cars and the CD was one of them. He said he's had it lying around since the motor blew in the car which was around 2008-2009 or so. One of the guys prepping the car agreed to sell a few parts on the owners behalf. Since I didn't have the cash to outright pay for it, I'm trading my knowledge of the employees personal car to help him re-assemble it after one of his harnesses got a little crispy for the ITB's. The racecar owner also has an AEM V2 that I may snag up for my turbo truck build.

Leave a comment:

• Rilas
    replied
    Holy crap Mike! ITB's are going to sound awesome. Also how the hell did you actually manage to get the ITB's from a CD racecar?!?

Leave a comment:

• apalileo
    replied
    ITB's!? That's definitely going to sound crazy. For the IACV I saw this: https://honda-tech.com/forums/weldin.../#post45052149. A custom plate where the IACV connects and vacuum lines split to each of the TB's.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Thank you very much!

So here's a new development; I have procured a set of ITBs. They supposedly came off of a F20B/H22A CD racecar. Here's the kicker, that car was RWD. I'm hoping it will fit between the motor and the firewall. I've already come up with a vacuum block to run the brake booster and the MAP off of and I'm thinking of picking up some Outerwears trumpet sock filters to get as much room as I can to work with. The setup also uses some kind of GM style injector so I sent those out to be cleaned/flow tested since I have no idea what CC they are. I also grabbed a parts throttle position sensor from the junkyard so I can make a jumper harness to the aftermarket tps and not have to modify the stock harness. Hopefully it all ends up working out. I'd love to hear that induction noise. I might even go through the trouble of trying to figure out how to retain the iacv functions.

Leave a comment:

• rkcb7
    replied
    Damn this thing already looks like a drift car, only if it was RWD !!

Keep up the good work man, been a while since I've been on the forums and gotta say I am pretty surprised !

Leave a comment:

• apalileo
    replied
    Yes I remember seeing that LED retrofit. That plus an LED racetrack around the tail lights would be real slick!

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Cb007 made a really nice set of led tail lights for his car. I'm probably going to emulate that but add a strip of diffused led's around the outside edges to highlight the shape of the tail lights a lot like the Dodge's.

Leave a comment:

• GTRON
    replied
    Have you guys seen that CB7 with 90-91 style tails, and it has LED strips going through the middle? I thought it looked pretty sweet. There's a video on Youtube.
    The guy also has these awesome looking blue halos in his headlights, you can find pictures of those easily.

Leave a comment:

• apalileo
    replied
    I was wondering how well those LED's were working!

A double projector would definitely be something different. It'd have to be a super small one considering how much closer the high beam assembly sits to the lens. Maybe one of those Morimoto Matchbox retrofits. Then the headlight would be like the 2nd gen Integra with the fog light built into the headlight!

I too, have been contemplating an LED tail light mod. I looked into how Dodge made their racetrack style tail lights and it's just a fine array of hundreds of small LEDs with a diffuser to reduce "pixelation". Our simple rectangular tail lights would look cool with a double dash arrangement I think: == == . It's all just concept in my head though.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Originally posted by GTRON View Post
    How is that headlight setup treating you?

I'm itching to get some projectors+LEDs in mine
    They've been working out really well actually. It's trained a lot down here and I've had no issues with leaking or fogging. The LED's are good for flooding dark back roads but they don't throw the light very far. You may want to even try a double projector retrofit. It would look pretty cool. Plus some projectors come with the high beam flappers in them so you could wire the high beam to the stock switch (mine actually came with a connector to plug into the bulb socket so I didn't have to run any wires). If I were to make another set that's probably what I would do.

What I really want to do now is make a set of LED taillights.

Leave a comment:

• GTRON
    replied
    How is that headlight setup treating you?

I'm itching to get some projectors+LEDs in mine

Leave a comment:

Working...
X