• Show
Clear All

• Lucien
    replied
    Great choice on the wheels, man!

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Welp, time for an update. Picked up a set of wheels that are bar none my absolute favorite wheels I could ever have on the car. I found a guy in California that was selling them through facebook. Rays Gram Light 57 Pro's. These are probably my forever wheels for this car. I'll probably keep the 18's but my buddy clubs are going up for sale and I'll be selling a few other things at this rate. Now I really really want to get back to my old front end setup. Hopefully I'll come across a seattle silver bumper at the junkyard or something.

Leave a comment:

• Granite CB7
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
    I used to have an M2F4 and now I have a T2W4. Factory limited slip differential and pretty good gear ratios. It comes stock in the Sir-t. 1-3 gear are very close and responsive. You'd never be caught unaware pulling away from a light, it's always ready to go. 4th gear is just long enough to finish out a quarter mile run or highway pull from 1st or second gear. 5th gear is long enough for me to once again cruise at 80mph where as with the old ttans I could only cruise around 75ish and be on the verge of VTEC engaging (4100 rpm). I like it but it is a bit overpriced.
    Ahh ok thought so, I saw the newly updated orig post that mentioned T2W4, man great choice that is THE tranny to have. Minus the final drive, it's kinda similar to the ITR tranny. Oh man the M2F4 5th is sooo short! Alittle over a year ago I bought Ceelooboob's old T2W4 which came rebuilt + a 4.64 final stuffed into it as well. Enjoy the upgrade though very very nice choice

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
    Fill us in on this new gearbox please and what did you have in there before?
    I used to have an M2F4 and now I have a T2W4. Factory limited slip differential and pretty good gear ratios. It comes stock in the Sir-t. 1-3 gear are very close and responsive. You'd never be caught unaware pulling away from a light, it's always ready to go. 4th gear is just long enough to finish out a quarter mile run or highway pull from 1st or second gear. 5th gear is long enough for me to once again cruise at 80mph where as with the old ttans I could only cruise around 75ish and be on the verge of VTEC engaging (4100 rpm). I like it but it is a bit overpriced.
    Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    It would be interesting to see how your car compares to others. Mazda3, I can see that being even, but i think your car is heavier but has more power.
    Mazdaspeed 3 is the turbo version of the mazda 3 hatchback. I beat a few mustangs and one or two corvettes. There was a guy out there in an Integra that had full suspension and race tires that was about a second faster than me. Autocross is truly an equalizer.
    Last edited by Mike1357; 02-05-2017, 10:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    I would compare it to go karting. They do parade laps before the event starts so you can learn the course. After that it's just finding the limits of what the car can do and trying to go fast. You'll kind of figure out what is fast. They have a timing system out there and they print out the results. I was one tenth of a second slower than a friend from work in his Mazdaspeed 3.
    It would be interesting to see how your car compares to others. Mazda3, I can see that being even, but i think your car is heavier but has more power.

Leave a comment:

• Granite CB7
    replied
    Fill us in on this new gearbox please and what did you have in there before?

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    I would compare it to go karting. They do parade laps before the event starts so you can learn the course. After that it's just finding the limits of what the car can do and trying to go fast. You'll kind of figure out what is fast. They have a timing system out there and they print out the results. I was one tenth of a second slower than a friend from work in his Mazdaspeed 3.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    shit, i would love to try autocross! I bet it seems so easy but then is difficult. Do you guys track the time and see who does better?

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    I picked up a set of lightweight wheels for autocrossing. Buddy Club P1's.

Also swapped in a "new" transmission today as well. One hell of a difference. First through third is very close and responsive while fifth is long enough to drive on the highway more comfortably than my previous transmission. The steering feels different but I can't place exactly what is different. The new mount also keeps the car from wheel hopping as much as it was with the ESP mount.

Can't wait for the autocross next month.

Leave a comment:

• Rilas
    replied
    No doubt! I need to get mine to some auto-x this summer.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    God I need to get mine running, that looks like fun.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    I gotta get that supercharger off of Deev too.

I only have the projector shutter wired to the high beam switch. I have the LED's on their own switch. I can run them as DRL's if I want to.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Looks great! Can you commend on the function of the headlights? Do the highbeams have the LEDs and the low beams (flap up) on?

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    I'm even considering a G Square replica grille.
    Looks like Deev's still got his rep for sale.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X