No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If everything goes according to plan and I sell most of the stuff I have in my F/S thread, I can get the girl lowered by the end of the month!

Comment

Should level out to a 2 inch drop.

Comment

FINALLY got my HID's in the mail today, but sadly no wiring harness... They were supposed to send me a tracking number for the lights but no email and no tracking number. Someone is getting an angry phone call tomorrow.

Other than the whole ordering fiasco, the kit seems high quality and I'm surprised how small the ballasts are. We'll see how good the kit is in the long run once the damn wiring relay gets here.

Getting KYB GR2's this week so the drop should be happening sometime soon!
        Last edited by Mike1357; 03-11-2023, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Took a bunch of pics at the meet last night but only a few turned out well. I'm still not getting the settings quite right.

Last edited by Mike1357; 04-16-2010, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Scored a minty fresh clicker for my 19 year old alarm system today.

I was running errands today and figured I'd go get my clicker fixed. I've been carrying the damn thing around in my pocket for the better part of 5 years for obvious reasons (see pic). Went to Honda hoping they would have one but they ended up redirecting me to an aftermarket shop down the street.

Walked in, showed them the busted to hell clicker (left) and they gave me the rundown concerning the system manufacturer being bought out years ago. Guy told me to wait a few minutes as he went to check if he had a case that would be compatible with my circuit board.

After a few minutes he came back with what looked like a brand new case (right). Turns out it was in the last drawer he checked and had the internal circuit board to boot (gotta figure out how to reprogram it so I can use it with my system). He handed me the case and said I could go ahead and take it since he had no use for it. No scratches on the casing whatsoever and the circuit board looks like it's fresh from the factory.

Odds are I'm never going to find another one like it. Made my day.
            Last edited by Mike1357; 03-11-2023, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Damn epic score. If anything, can you just open them both up and switch the internals?

Comment

Yeah. That's what I did. I swapped my old internals into the new case until I can reprogram the other board. I might get extremely lucky and have it be the same frequency for my system but I haven't tested the board yet.

I was browsing ebay since the fiancé wants a fresh clicker too and the cheapest one I found was $20.

Comment

Good shit. My keyless entry took a dump on me yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by True-BlueCB7 View Post
                    Good shit. My keyless entry took a dump on me yesterday.
                    That sucks. Mine keeps on blowing it's fuse if I accidentally press the trunk open key (which doesn't work since the cable/solenoid connection is loose). Other than that it's an awesome system for as old as it is. Guess I got lucky.

Comment

Getting just that much closer to getting this thing dropped.
                      Last edited by Mike1357; 03-11-2023, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Nice!

And what wiring harness for the HIDs?

I run mine from the ballast to the bulbs like what you have up there with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by True-BlueCB7 View Post
                          Nice!

And what wiring harness for the HIDs?

I run mine from the ballast to the bulbs like what you have up there with no issues.
                          A relay harness to be specific. It allows the HID's to draw power directly from the battery rather than through the OEM wiring. A little insurance against fried wiring. I'm really happy with the kit though. Compared to the old lamps it's like driving a completely different car.

Comment

Ah. Well it all depends on the ballasts I've heard. I've never had an issue, so...

What color temp did you get?

Comment

I ended up going with 6000k's. Just a hint of blue, but not too blue.

I might take pics of the setup tomorrow.

Comment

I'm thinking about getting 6000Ks. 8000Ks are kinda hot and cold for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X