No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought some stuff at the JY this past weekend.

Comment

Do u have more details and pics showing your fuel line and filter setup? I saw your pics on page 17 but can't see where u cut into the original fuel line. I wanna do something similar and looking for ideas, if u don't mind. Also, what happened with your GReddy sandwich plate? (sorry if i missed it in the thread somewhere)
      2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
      VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
      VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
      The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
      August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

nice
        back at it again

Comment

Well here are some crappy pics, but it's about the best I can do without moving things out of the way.

Basically the fuel line snapped when I was trying to remove the original fuel filter so I grabbed some stainless line from work and rigged this up to replace the old hoses and bent-out-of-shape-to-make-them-work hard lines. Where you see the hose clamps under the oil pressure sender is where the line is attached. One clamp is for the line itself and the other clamp is just to keep the stainless from fraying. The fuel filter is just sort of hanging there supported only by the line. Not the best option but it works. I might go back and redo it with a proper compression fitting and a finer filter.

Also, when looking for AN fittings, apparently any Pep Boys that has the speed shop expansion carries a huge assortment of AN fittings. I found this out after spending about $15 at home depot for basically the same thing in brass fittings.

The GReddy adapter plate ended up not working due to clearance issues. With the plate installed I couldn't screw on the oil filter. That's why I went with the setup I have now. Can't say it's the most accurate reading but it gives me a visual to work off of so I know if it's not running right etc etc.
          Last edited by Mike1357; 04-14-2014, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Seems easy enought to do. I guess I was worried about the fuel pressure being too strong for just hose clamps. How fine of a filter are you using/going to use?

The GReddy adapter plate ended up not working due to clearance issues. With the plate installed I couldn't screw on the oil filter. That's why I went with the setup I have now. Can't say it's the most accurate reading but it gives me a visual to work off of so I know if it's not running right etc etc.
            What filter are u using? I have a sandwich plate on my H22 and can still screw on my K&N filter. Maybe its shorter?
            2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
            VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
            VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
            The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
            August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I think it's an 85 micron element but I might switch to something more fine. I've gone over the lines many times and there aren't any leaks, but I still want to upgrade the line to a compression style fitting where it meets the hard line.

I was using a Purolator filter but I also tried some of the smaller Nissan filters we had at the shop and all of them hit the rear sub frame.

Comment

Exhaust still holding up I see...
                RETIRED...

Comment

Yep. Still loving it.

Comment

More parts courtesy of mister Kevin Chinnn. Getting that much closer. I'm starting to get excited. Only a handful of parts left to go.
                    Last edited by Mike1357; 04-14-2014, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Be sure to zip tie those shifter cables. I'm pulling my h and trans out probably starting today.
                      1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
                      1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
                      Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

Courtesy of CB7North:

Stuff:

Last edited by Mike1357; 04-14-2014, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Went to Sebring this weekend. No track time but I did have pit access.

Last edited by Mike1357; 03-12-2023, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Sweet. I just ordered a rear fog. Did you wire yours up yet?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Yeah, it's been hooked up for a while. Works like a charm.

Comment

Nice did you use the oem switch too?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                                It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X